Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Cancelled a "bad credit" credit card with exorbitant fees that were absolutely killing me after ~2 years. Yes, the improvement to my credit was nice, but going in the red because of it sucked.

Also, I convinced my boyfriend that we absolutely 100% need to stick to our budget and if that means eating leftovers then he's just going to have to deal with it.

Two things that seem very, very small but are huge in the grand scheme of oh god I only make $10k a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

My credit score went up by 38 points and I've saved enough for a down payment on a new car that I'll probably need in the next year. I'm really excited about this.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

After a long time of making sure my student loan payments were paid on time and building up a credit history, I applied for a major credit card and got approved. I'm sure I'll get an initial ding on my credit at first, but getting approved made me feel like less of an idiot.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Opened a Roth IRA and got my student loan down to $5k. I'm so proud.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

I finally got (good!) health insurance and just got to sock away $500 extra in my savings account :toot:

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Over the past five years, I've rebuilt my credit from absolutely horrible to 740, gotten two emergency credit cards (I use one simply for cashback rewards and pay it off at the end of the week,) and I'll have my private student loan paid off by the end of the year. It's so awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Today, I paid every god drat credit card off. I'm one student loan away from being debt-free. :toot: