Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Tonight I came home from work to find a FedEx package from Chase, approving my Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) request that I filed just over two months ago. I have to make four mortgage payments by the first of the month for the next four months, and they are $330 less than what I had been paying. I need to review what happens next, but I am very hopefully they will offer a modified principle on my condo, because two weeks ago I got a state property assessment that valued my place at nearly 1/3rd what I originally paid for it seven years ago.

Next major improvement is building my emergency savings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Oxphocker posted:

Considered something Ph.D level but realized I still have 10k undergrad and 7k grad loans to pay back first. Hoping to get into hall directing to help pay off some of those loans and maybe take some classes for cheap (higher ed admin maybe?).

I work at a state university, and if you go this route you will want to check the tuition remission policy. It might only cover up to grad level courses and not Ph.D. Also, you have to complete six months of employment before you can use the benefit.