Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
After being let go by my previous shitbag employer at the end of July - which was really them doing me a favor because (in addition to a number of other problems too numerous to address here) I put up with the following and similar for years:

• Manager once threatened to fire me and call the police after a customer (who had a track record of making such things up) claimed that I showed up drunk at their store and finished a 20+ hour project in about 5 hours without even asking me about the situation, then acted like I was blowing things out of proportion when I didn't accept the whole situation as completely reasonable
  • Blamed repeatedly for things completely beyond my control (weather related parts delays, getting stranded on the side of the road due to a problem with my company car, etc.)
  • Had to dock over 10 hours from my time sheet one week after being sent 8+ hours (one way) from home and working a six day week when they complained that I worked too many hours and didn't get approval for OT
  • Other manager openly complained that I didn't work enough on a day that I pulled a 17.5 hour shift
  • Same manager told me that pay increases shouldn't matter to me and I should aspire to "being invited to the annual company awards ceremony" for motivation

I'm starting a week from today with HP in their enterprise technology services group, in a far easier position for about the same pay plus benefits that will actually be worth paying for. I'm taking a very small paycut (about $.40/hour) but in exchange the clientèle will be far more professional, I won't have to work on photo printers and moving up into a large company I might actually have upward mobility and won't piss away another decade of my life without having as much as a kind word from my boss to show for it. I'm still in something of a "can't believe I landed a job with one of the top 10 companies in the US" state despite having accepted their offer about two weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU