Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde
I have a net worth greater than -$5,000, and I'm on track to break $0 by the end of the year. Up from like -$30,000 18 months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde

Ouroborus posted:

Congrats! Stay on that track and you'll do well.
Any thoughts on what to do when you're debt free?

Thats still a ways off unfortunately. But not having a negative net worth is the next big goal since my last two student loans are about $7k each and wont get paid off until mid-late 2016. Focusing on short and medium term goals is helpful for keeping me on track though,

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde

SpecialK2 posted:

I have a net worth greater than -$5,000, and I'm on track to break $0 by the end of the year. Up from like -$30,000 18 months ago.

Updated on this, as of today I am worth about $300. Woo! Feels good.

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde

spwrozek posted:

I am curious who still owns a house over decades? I mean even my parents (62) owned 5 houses from 1980 until now. The cost of mortgages surely going up over those times (bigger houses, newer stuff, etc). So do those "your payment doesn't change for 30 years" statements actually hold any water?

Most people either change houses or refinance every decade or so, which is why (in the US at least) mortgage rates are priced off the 10-year Treasury Note.

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde
With today’s paycheck I’m worth $100k :toot:

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde
401k is officially maxed out for the year. First time ever hitting that. :toot:

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde
Net worth excluding your primary residence is one of the tests for being an accredited investor, so there’s that but otherwise I’d include it.

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde
I have made so much money this year I no longer have to pay social security taxes.

What a country the US is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde

root of all eval posted:

I'm always weirded out that 1 million is commonly $1MM, for thousand thousand in Roman numerals.

Is $1M ever 1 thousand? We obviously have K for that but why the MM for million though?

Are $1M and $1m different?

I/we use M as Thousand at the bank I work for, and MM for Million. It was the house style when I got there.