Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
Im a 40 year old guy who had over the last 20 years massed up a pretty big debt on various credit cards and loans to pay off the cards that while I would pay off the card I would not close them so just ran up even more debts. Almost 6 years ago I consolidated everything into one big loan for £18000. The interest rate was not all that bad but I had spread it over 6 years to make the payments manageable so the total to pay back would be quite large (about 30k+ in total).

I got married and I had made my wife clear before hand about my situation with money and that I had learned the hard way (getting a loan to pay off a loan is dumb, hur) and she supported me and I took the time to learn a little about how money really works. I got a new job and we were working to be totally debt free by May this year, all stupid little debts were gone months ago and I wad almost paid for my big loan.

Of course over the years when I had taken out loan I had also foolishly been getting payment protection, 3 loans and one credit card in total.

Og course the banks here in the UK had been naughty and had been miss selling it to dumb-asses like me. They got in trouble and then had their asses handed to them and were told to pay it all back plus interest. I chanced my arm and made one phone call to my bank. They had insisted that I have the protection or they would not help me.

So here I sit having learned the hard way to manage money and the bank phoned me last Friday to say that all 4 complaints had been upheld and they were now offering me £17560 as compensation for misselling me the insurance. (About $26,521 my American friends)

Life is funny sometimes, just as I get my head above water for the first time in my life they come along and give me a life changing amount as a hand out.

And when it happens it feels loving magic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU