Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Just finished my first year in a proper job (£20k) and finally got over the craziness of suddenly having a lot of money after spending my education flat broke and started saving £200 a month.

In addition, it looks like my sister has her first (small-time)paying gig as a film editor, something she's been trying to break into for years now and may possibly be on the road to a real career outside retail. I'm dumping £300 a month into my mum's saving account to help her pay for stuff and pay her back for all she gave me during my education and to go towards buying my sister the stuff she needs to start her career. I just need a year or so of solid saving and I'll be functionally debt-free, my contribution to my parents notwithstanding.

Its tough financially and I'm not saving near enough what I want to, but I'm fairly financially secure and its great that I can ease my parent's burden and help my sister get onto the path out of retail into something she wants to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU