Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I got my first Real Job(tm) at the end of June, and I've finally got enough of my "oh god, first real apartment with no roommates, so much poo poo to buy" crap out of the way that I actually have a money cushion! I've even got a Smartypig account open to save for a new computer! :dance: I can also write off a couple thousand dollars of my federal student loans thanks to my job(medical technologist), so the repayments that start in December will sting slightly less than they would have otherwise! I'm so excited that every sentence needs exclaimation points!

I also have no debts other than car(unavoidable since I only had $1500 to my name when I graduated, but I got a cheap Kia so it's not too bad) and student loans(which total ~$50,000 off the top of my head), which probably puts me ahead of many other recent grads. I do have a credit card, but I pay it off in full every month and only really have it for credit building & reward points.

The only bad part is that I'm stuck on third shift, but I'm getting ~$200 more a paycheck than I would on first, so it balances out in the "I need money to make an independant adult life NOW" term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Paid off my second(and second-highest interest) student loan with my tax return. (Return was $3000 because of goofy poo poo with me only being in my real job half a year and the other half being my $8/hr student job. Not sure if I should stick the remainder in another loan or into an IRA, but it's not like it's going anywhere while I decide*). Two $2000 loans down, $7000 loan next on the chopping block. :whip:

*I might be naughty and spend $20 of it on Godiva chocolate. That's allowed, right? The rest of it will definitely go to retirement or loans, though.