Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

tomapot posted:

Celebrating a major win

Man that's great, congratulations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Getting poa is good. Not only because by the time you need it it is difficult to get, but also because it takes time to get the documents to everyone who wants them and prove to their satisfaction that it is legitimate.

Then you can keep one card in her own name, have the bill delivered to your house, and just call the credit card company as the POA.

Good luck, this situation isn't great.

And man, maybe we do need an elder care thread!

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Subjunctive posted:

yeah I’d buy my kid an account so she could learn from that thread

Lol, no poo poo, almost in that position myself. I don't want my kid to know what my account is tho!

And I don't feel quite up for making the OP of an elder care thread, but maybe someone else will step up here?

Baddog
May 12, 2001

H110Hawk posted:

The FIRE folks scare me.

Always having a fallback plan, and being able to make at least some money from whatever catches your eye/interest is sort of necessary. And yah, needing health care sort of really puts a crimp in things. Buying your own decent plan is just insanely expensive.

The past couple years of inflation has to have really hammered a lot of folks as well, many of these calculators just don't account for that kind of hiccup.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

dreesemonkey posted:

After some napkin math, it appears that my wife and I (41M, 40F) have broken the $1m net worth barrier.

congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Boris Galerkin posted:

They also write their numbers differently.

1 lakh = 1,00,000
1 crore = 1,00,00,000

Was trying to source something from Indias version of Alibaba and this was confusing the CRAP out of me. Was honestly afraid to buy anything because still wasn't sure if I was off by an order of magnitude.