Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Jows posted:

My wife and I hit $1MM net worth when we updated our monthly balance sheet! We've been dancing near it for the last year+ and it's nice to finally cross the threshold!
:guillotine:

Well done! Slowly accumulating on what would have looked like an unimaginable amount compared to my parents and then getting over a threshold like that was kept me punching away for years with purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

zaurg posted:

- next month will be 5 years straight without carrying over any debt balance month to month, aside from a mortgage. feels good to no longer pay the credit card companies interest and fees like I used to years ago.

- retirement savings (401k, IRA, HSA) surpassed 175k for the first time this month. still way behind at age 45 but making progress.

Well done, the habits are good, just time and still got plenty of that really.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

tomapot posted:

Celebrating a major win, my daughter just graduated college debt-free.

Such an awesome story. My parents never went to uni and it was pretty much their singular focus for us kids to have that opportunity.

You have delivered that opportunity for your daughter and is wonderful to hear she grasped it and persisted through her own adversities to realise the long term goal.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Awesome, nothing better than a plan all coming together like a good blue movie.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

dreesemonkey posted:

After some napkin math, it appears that my wife and I (41M, 40F) have broken the $1m net worth barrier.

Great stuff!