Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Is there something that you accomplished that you are proud of? Have you just paid off your first credit card, your last credit card? Did you just become debt free? Did you have a side project that is really taking off, or land the first real job after school? Are you following a monthly budget and for the first time ever you are in control of your money (and your life) and not reacting to one crisis after another?

Please tell us! Share what you did and what you had to do to get there. None of this is easy and maybe you have a thing or two to teach us. Or maybe when we see what you accomplished with your hard work and sacrifice, you will inspire others. If you are in a rut and need inspiration, then this thread is for you too. Ask others how they did it, how they won.

This isn't about who has the most, but instead about sharing, learning and winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Here's how it went down:
Coworkers: [money bitching] Debt sucks, right AG?
Me: Well I actually just paid off my car and my credit card, so I don't have any right now and I'm trying to stay that way because yes it does suck.
Coworker who is horrendously bad with money: UGH STOP BRAGGING!

I usually avoid bringing up finances because of this exact situation happening :(

I think it says more about your coworker than it does about you. I get the same thing, and I quietly sit out “Scratch Ticket Friday”

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

They spent 5 months trying to convince me to get a car loan. One of them told me that you should always have a car loan because if you ever manage to pay off your car your life style will expand and you will spend the money anyway, and then when you need another new car you won't have any room in your budget for another one. :smithicide:

It blew their minds that I came in one day and announced I paid $4100 cash for one.