Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I've been digging my way of some poor credit choices that I made when I was unemployed for 18 months for a couple years now. Starting out, I could only get a secured credit card with an annual fee and a credit limit of $500. Yesterday, I got approved for a decent rewards card with no annual fee and a limit of $7500. I never ever carry a balance, but having the higher limit will be great for airfare, hotels, and general big purchases that it's nice to have that extra level of protection on.

I've got a decent at least six month emergency fund built up, which would be larger but I had to buy a car unexpectedly this summer when my roommate wrecked my old one. Now I just want to knuckle down and get these student loans knocked out and I'll be doing a whole lot better than I was a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I started a Roth IRA! I was really divided about whether I should fund one for 2013 because I'm still paying student loans at relatively high rates (6.8%), but I'm still on track to finish paying them off this year, and while it makes me nervous to have less liquid cash, I know it was the right decision.