Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
In almost exactly two years I went from being straight up broke to...

- Started my own business which I co-own with my partner.
- Said business recently passed the $1m gross income mark.
- Moved into a great new apartment and got a dog with my girlfriend.
- Got a cheap car (i.e. no lease or anything, grocerymobile)
- Maxing out RRSP/TFSA, no debt, ~$200k in the bank which will go a long way towards a house in 5 years or so.
- Still living in Quebec with the highest taxes in the country :argh:

- My girlfriend has enjoyed a couple years of rewarding, but lower-paying, work for the last couple of years so her savings bumps us up a bit.

I've probably worked on average 60-80hr/week for the last two years trying to get this business going, and with some luck and a lot of hard work it's finally paying off.

This coming year will be dedicated to having a budget and sticking to it. I still feel like I waste a lot of money on frivolous things (beer, pot, food).

edited for clarity and speeling

mik fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jul 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU