Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

devmd01 posted:

Quoting myself from a while back, had the actual court date this week representing myself pro se, just checked the case online and the judgement was in my favor. Don't let businesses gently caress you and take it lying down.

Now to collect, which shouldn't be too hard as the business has plenty of assets that could be sold by the sheriff should it come to that. :unsmigghh:

Tip for anyone considering small claims: be persistent with filling out paperwork, have a clear timeline of events prepared with as much supporting documentation/evidence as possible, have at least 3 copies of everything for the actual trial (one for you, the court, and the defendants), prepare questions ahead of time, and subpoena anyone and everyone that can provide expert testimony on your behalf.
Awesome, glad that worked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

BioEnchanted posted:

I had a really bad financial time before, especially since graduating college with a 3 year BSC Degree that I barely passed. Unemployed for 1.5 years, job that I got fired from after 3 months and a further almost-year of unemployment, then I finally got lucky. Since starting this job last year I at least was hovering in the black but only between £200-300 in the bank at a time, but since then I decided "gently caress it, time to try to take control". I started a savings account in November (4% interest for the first year, will drop to 0.04%[i think] after that but the account will "Unlock" and I'll get to use it) and in June I decided to be more careful with my money (Earning £200 per week, 30 hours a week). 2 Months Later I now have £640 in my savings account, and ~£1000 in my main bank account (Main account is basically money storage, no interest) where before my main account was £350 on average. In 2 months I saved £6-700. Feels pretty good that things are finally looking up.

Currently living with parents paying £40 per week, £20 per week for bus fare to work. Feeling a lot better now that I've started building a foundation (although at almost 27 I have left things a bit late :()
Good job, you're saving money, and you're only 27! You're far ahead of a whole lot of young people. Don't get discouraged. Be thankful that you're only 27, and not 57.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
I've always had a mostly nontechnical position doing QA at a small real estate software company for the last six years. On Friday, my boss (company founder and one of the developers) asked if I was interested in learning how to code Java. Apparently the head developer suggested it to my boss, which basically means everybody is on board to helping me learn. I'll be working with developers who all have 10-12 years experience working at the same company. I'd always been interested in learning, but afraid to suggest it since I know I'd be a dumb newbie.

So I'm excited. I've got a lot (everything) to learn, but I'd rather be learning while employed, then be unemployed and be trying to learn while looking for work. No plans on ever leaving my current company, but I know learning to code will be a valuable skill.