Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xpander
Sep 2, 2004
I just purchased my first vehicle, an 02 Forester, with cash. Granted, that was entirely because we just got our profit-sharing money from work, but still, I worked hard for that. Prior to this, I drove my dad's castoffs, or nothing at all, so even though I've been driving for over a decade, it feels like a big step.

I also was able to engineer my work schedule to go down to a .8(4 days a week), so that I can spend that extra day doing cool stuff in life - mostly pursuing my budding live techno project, but also to start doing some iOS development, and just get out more. It's going to affect my budgeting, but I'm hoping to more than make up for it with side ventures.

I've been paying down my debt to my mom for almost a year now, which I didn't want to let fester. Once that's done, I am debt-free. Next will be shoring up the emergency fund and putting more money away for a trip to China in 2013.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU