Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

Can you post a bit more about Adventurer/Conqueror/King? A cleaned up Basic sounds nice and I'm curious about the additions. Is it worth packing around over the Rules Cyclopedia?
Almost every OSR thing I've read the answer is "no" but ACKS looks cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

I'm glad you edited out the last paragraph, because that's where it jumps straight from almost interesting with hints of grog to straight up bullshit.

OtspIII, thanks for the write up. I'm gonna peep the pdf and upgrade to the hardcover if it's as solid as the writeup indicates.

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

Mirthless posted:

How were Zak Smith's blog posts incoherent? Also, what makes him a douchebag, other than preferring old-school D&D? He didn't actively engage in edition wars, smear new school products, or poo poo on the way people play D&D in his blog. In fact, he was panned heavily by the grognard community because he used modern game mechanics in his video-blogged game.

I get the feeling sometimes that goons just have a hate-on for anyone who likes tables and random rolls. Jesus christ dude, let the man enjoy his badwrongfun without attacking him personally or trying to discourage people from buying his products.

It's cute that you want to rail against goons or whatever but Zak is legitimately a shithead for reasons that have nothing to do with RPGs, and he was banned from RPGnet specifically because he's incapable of making coherent posts. (Also banned from SA because he's incapable of making coherent posts.) He's one of the most hateful people I've encountered in the RPG industry and it got to the point where I've had to block him from every single social media network.

He's also done literally every single thing you said he's never done.

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

He's also not that smart and Vornheim is okay at best and I'm not sure why we're still talking about him after the discussion moved over to the chat thread and we're supposed to be focusing on actual D&D products.

• Locked thread