Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
To anyone with more D&D experience than me - I'm thinking about running Beyond the Wall, which is a 2e retroclone (from my understanding). I'm considering doing away with saves completely and just using attribute checks like everything else in the game - is there some significant balance reason to use the 5 or 3 different saves? Just seems like extra bookkeeping for the limited payoff of "some classes are better at dodging than others", when those classes already will have more Dex than the wizards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

alg posted:

Greg Gillespie has another megadungeon Kickstarter. Both his past projects have been great.

http://kck.st/2KmXEaX

I have the impression - only based on reviews and comments - that his past dungeons were quite standard D&D fantasy stuff (barbaric orcs, evil goblins, etc.) without a ton of novel ideas. Am I off-base? I'd love to back a giant floating dungeon, but if it's just going to be full of The Basic Fantasy Enemies, I'll probably pass.

• Locked thread