Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Elmore is trash

*dives into a pile of gazetteers*

See, I grew up with the Mentzer BECMI line, and I loved the poo poo out of the cover art for them. Now yeah, I'll admit that's more or less the only fantasy art of his I like (because Dragonlance is just such utter poo poo), but those got 9-year-old me playing D&D back in '94. The jury's still out on if that's a good thing.

Now Otus, on the other hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Dragonlance introduced loving Kender.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Selachian posted:

(This is, I think, from the 3.5 DL book, but the original chart was in the 1E DLA book.)

You see, I wouldn't mind poo poo like that if it was left to the DM between sessions (or if one session ran particularly long in-game), with the players only really knowing if a) they were a Magic-User who was affected, b) really, really paid attention to the celestial bodies (i.e. a sailor, astronomer, etc), or c) it was actually part of the campaign story (like a BBEG was trying to pull one down into the planet).

Even then, that's still a ton of work to keep in mind for very little actual payoff.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

I'm looking to start a BECMI campaign sometime soonish, and I want to include both the General Skills and Weapon Mastery rules from the RC. However, there's not really any decent character sheets out there that have the space for both of those that doesn't look like complete dogshit. Outside of Microsoft Word, what programs do people recommend for creating your own character sheets?

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

drrockso20 posted:

This one only has a physical version but I'd recommend Fire On The Velvet Horizon next

I'd thought they did a pdf of that for a humble bundle at some point. Of course, the only way to get that now is :filez:, but I thought it did exist as a non-dead-tree format for a split second.

• Locked thread