Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I have been going through Darker Dungeons, the houseruled version of Dark Dungeons (basically a unified single target number system) and I had a rules question. I'm looking at how weapons offer parrying bonuses to AC, but the way the book describes them isn't all that clear. It sounds like if you're, say, sword and boarding, you only get to parry the higher number between the two sources. Like a sword giving you -2 against 1 from armed and a buckler giving you -1 against 2 from any source, you can get two bonuses a round at most, one of which can be that -2 if the attack is armed. That sound right? It's what they use as the example, but I wanted to make sure I was reading it right.

Also, for stuff like multiple attacks, when it says "can hit on a 2+" does that mean "as long as you could hit it, barring auto-misses" or "as long as you would hit if you rolled a 2"? Because those are VERY different and I don't get what's meant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread