Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Oh man deep carbon observatory seems awesome. Has patrick stuart written more adventure modules? I dig his monsters but I really liked the whole atmosphere of that adventure - I've never read a module like that before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Arivia posted:

Check out Veins of the Earth next.
Okay I bought this and started reading on the train...drat. This is a very different book but also exactly what I didn't know I wanted. I'm often pretty down on "big list of monsters" books but these are great and I'm only on the Cs.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Aniodia posted:

I'd thought they did a pdf of that for a humble bundle at some point. Of course, the only way to get that now is :filez:, but I thought it did exist as a non-dead-tree format for a split second.
It's expensive and then I'd feel okay pirating the one that gives the bad rpg man money.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Yeah PCs generally take up the role of an adventurer but that doesn't mean that every powerful wizard does so.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I don't think anyone shows up to a dnd campaign expecting a kingdom management game instead of dungeon crawling/world saving/what have you. If they wanted kingdom management maybe they'd play a game designed for it where you do it from level 1.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Cyclopedia is BECMI rather than B/X fwiw - not sure that makes a difference to you.

Patrick Stuart's writing is brilliant - deep carbon observatory might be my the best module I've read, though I haven't yet run it and can't review it from that perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Memnaelar posted:

Hot Springs Island is a beautiful piece of work and it's a bit of a shame that I'm so late to the party and still able to buy the hardcovers. It should absolutely be sold out.
It seems daunting in what it leaves up the dm but also very cool. I play online primarily also so the one thing won't have the same impact, but I have been thinking about running this. Definitely post a trip report if you run it.

• Locked thread