Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Hats
Jan 6, 2009

ELF
Because I am a colossal nerd, I made up the SHIELD Agent PC from the Avengers Alliance Facebook game. Figured I may as well post it here for critque and so on as I'm still grappling with the system.

quote:

THE AGENT

Solo D6
Buddy D8
Team D10

Field Agent
Takes Orders from the Top
Rookie in the Limelight

SHIELD ARMOURY

Weapon d8
Enhanced Durability D8

Something the Boys in the Lab Cooked Up: At the cost of creating a resource, step up or double WEAPON for the duration of the resource.
All the Best Toys: Spend 1PP to add the highest dice in the doom pool to your roll. Step it back before returning it.
Area Attack: Against multiple targets, add 1d6 for each additional target, and keep an extra effect dice.
Limit: Gear: Shut down a SHIELD ARMOURY power to gain 1PP. Take action vs the DOOM POOL to recover.

Combat Master d10
Tech Expert d8
Psych Expert d8
Covert Expert d8
Crime Expert d8

AVENGERS INITIATIVE

1 XP when you meet a hero for the first time
3 XP when you delegate a task to another hero
10 XP when you use your contacts to assemble a team that saves the world, or break off all ties with SHIELD and go it alone.

WHAT IS ISO-8?

1 XP when you explain ISO-8 to another person
3 XP when you encounter or discover a new use for ISO-8
10 XP when you harness the power of ISO-8 for the good of all mankind, or destroy it all declaring it to be too dangerous.

This could probably also work as a generic SHIELD agent if you change the milestones and distinctions a bit, ISO-8 in particular is very tied into the games plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hats
Jan 6, 2009

ELF
God drat but these datafiles are fun to make. Here's another one.

quote:

THE GREEN SCAR

Solo D10
Buddy D6
Team D8

Stranger in a Strange Land
The Peoples Champion
Engine of Destruction

GAMMA CHARGED GENETICS

Superhuman Strength D10
Superhuman Durability D10
Superhuman Stamina D10
Enhanced Reflexes D8
Mystic Sense D6
Leaping D10

SFX: Area Attack: Against multiple opponents, add an extra d6 and keep an extra effect dice for every opponent beyond the first.
SFX: Healing Factor: Spend 1PP to recover physical stress and step back physical trauma.
SFX: The Strongest One There Is! In a reaction against an opponent with a STRENGTH power, spend 1pp or step up your emotional stress to add a dice equal to their STRENGTH to your pool.
Limit: Weakened by the Dimensional Gate: Step back all GAMMA CHARGED GENETICS powers to gain 1pp. Take action vs the doom pool or participate in a transition scene to recover.

GLADIATORIAL ARSENAL

Weapon D8
Enhanced Durability D8

SFX: Hulk Slash! If your dice pool includes WEAPON, you may spend 1PP to reroll the dice pool.
SFX: Are you not Entertained? When inflicting emotional stress, remove the highest rolling dice from your pool and step up stress inflicted.
Limit: Gear: Shut down a GLADIATORIAL ARSENAL power to gain 1PP. Take action vs the doom pool to recover.

Combat Expert D8
Menace Master D10

WARBOUND

1 XP when you stand beside your allies in combat
3 XP when you create an asset or a resource for an ally.
10 XP when you either abandon your allies, or take physical trauma defending them.

UPON A TROUBLED BROW

1 XP when you oppose the authority of the Red King.
3 XP when you deny that you should rule in his stead.
10 XP when you take rulership, ruling Sakaar as the Green King, or leave the planet of Sakaar to languish under the iron fist of the tyrant.

The distinctions and milestones are pretty tied into Planet Hulk, but they're easy enough to change.

Captain Hats
Jan 6, 2009

ELF
In a few weeks I'm going to be starting up the Civil War event, and wanted some advice.

Number one, does anyone have any experience running the event using the troupe system, and if so is there anything to watch out for? I'm going to be enforcing a few rules, mostly that you can't play as the leader of both sides (So we can have climactic PVP showdowns at critical story points).

Two, XP costs for heroes. I'm currently setting it at 5 for a hero, 10 to get them to switch sides while you're at it, 15 and a good excuse to bring in someone who has no business being there (Cosmic and non-US heroes). Is this a good system, or are costs too low/high?

Also, since you seem to like datafiles in here, here's one for Orson Randall I'm working on for one of my players.

quote:

IRON FIST (Orson Randall)

DISTINCTIONS
Elder Dragon
Living Weapon of K'un-Lun
Running from Destiny

HEART OF SHOU-LAO
ENHANCED STRENGTH D8
ENHANCED STAMINA D8
ENHANCED SPEED D8
ENHANCED REFLEXES D8
SFX: The Iron Fist. Step up or double ENHANCED STRENGTH for one action. If that action fails, shut down ENHANCED STRENGTH. Activate an opportunity or participate in a transition scene to recover.
SFX: Chi Focus. If your pool includes a HEART OF SHOU-LAO dice, you may replace two dice of an equal size with one stepped-up dice.
SFX: Chi Healing. Add ENHANCED STAMINA to your dice pool when helping others to recover stress. Spend 1PP to recover your own or anothers physical stress or step back your own or anothers physical trauma.
SFX: Hypnotic Palm Technique. When inflicting hypnosis based complications or stress on a target, add a D6 and step up the effect dice.
LIMIT: Concious Activation. While stressed out, asleep or unconcious, shutdown HEART OF SHOU-LAO. Recover HEART OF SHOU-LAO when you recover that stress or wake up. If you take mental trauma, shutdown HEART OF SHOU-LAO until you recover that trauma.

A WARRIOR NEEDS WEAPONS
WEAPON D8
ENHANCED DURABILITY D8
SFX: Lightning from God. Against a single target, step up or double WEAPON. Remove the highest rolling dice, and keep three dice for your total.
LIMIT: Gear. Shut down A WARRIOR NEEDS WEAPONS to gain 1PP. Take action VS the Doom Pool to recover.

SPECIALTIES
Acrobatic Master D10
Combat Master D10
Covert Expert D8
Mystic Expert D8
Psych Expert D8
Menace Expert D8

MILESTONES
I AM THE IMMORTAL IRON FIST
1 XP When you use your ACROBATIC, COMBAT or MYSTIC specialties to create an asset or a complication.
3 XP When you discuss your shameful place in the Iron Fist legacy with another hero.
10 XP When you either return to K'un-Lun to take up your role as an Immortal Weapon once more, or train a replacement who is accepted by the heavenly city, absolving you of your guilt for fleeing.

NOT ANOTHER WAR...
1 XP When you declare that you are too old for this poo poo.
3 XP When you have a flashback relevant to a situation you are embroiled in.
10 XP When you either put your guilt over your past to rest and finally look to the future with hope, or fall into drinking and drugs again, becoming lost in despair.

Captain Hats
Jan 6, 2009

ELF
My Civil War game has started up and thus far is an absolute blast. I've decided to make a few changes to continuity to make the government not cartoonishly evil, one of the changes being from the Mac Gargan version of Venom to Agent Venom. Unfortunately for flash, I haven't read any comics starring him so I'm going purely by wikis for the datafile. Could someone with more knowledge of the character tell me what I'm doing wrong with this datafile?

quote:

AGENT VENOM/VENOM (Eugene "Flash" Thompson)

AFFILIATIONS
SOLO D8/D10
BUDDY D6/D8
TEAM D10/D6

DISTINCTIONS
Medal of Honor/Lethal Protector
High School Bully/Alien Parasite
Troubled Romances/Of Two Minds

SYMBIOTE ARMOR
SUPERHUMAN STRENGTH D10
SUPERHUMAN STAMINA D10
ENHANCED SPEED D8
SUPERHUMAN REFLEXES D10
SUPERHUMAN DURABILITY D10
WEAPON D8
SWINGLINE D6
WALL CRAWLING D6
SHAPESHIFTING D6

SFX: Hail Mary. Step up or double a SYMBIOTE power for one action. If that action fails, add the highest rolling dice to the doom pool.
SFX: Go Long. When creating an asset for an ally, add a D6 and step up the effect dice.
SFX: Dig Deep. Before taking an action, spend 1PP to add a doom dice to your pool. Step it back before returning it to the doom pool afterwards.
SFX: One Platoon System. When affecting multiple targets, for each target beyond the first add a D6 and keep an extra effect dice.
LIMIT: Vulnerabilities. Step up heat or sonic based stress or complications to gain 1PP
LIMIT: WE ARE VENOM! When you take emotional trauma, move all emotional stress and trauma to the doom pool, shut down all SYMBIOTE SFX and activate OUT OF CONTROL.

OUT OF CONTROL
When Flash loses control of the Symbiote, it starts integrating itself deeper with his body and mind. In this form he acts closer to the traditional Venom, though Flash is still in there fighting to get it back under wraps.

While OUT OF CONTROL is active, use the Affiliations and Distinctions after the slash.

SFX: Berzerk. Before taking an action, add a doom dice to your pool. Step up the dice before returning it, or step up the next highest dice if it was a D12.
SFX: Monstrous Toughness. Spend a PP to ignore physical stress, unless caused by fire or sonic based attacks.
SFX: Tentacles. When inflicting a RESTRAINED complication, add a D6 and step up the effect dice.
LIMIT: Unstable. Step up emotional stress received to gain 1PP.
LIMIT: I AM VENOM! When you take emotional trauma, move all emotional stress and trauma to the doom pool, shut down OUT OF CONTROL and activate all SYMBIOTE SFX.

SPECIALTIES
Acrobatic Expert D8
Combat Expert D8
Covert Expert D8
Menace Expert D8

MILESTONES
I CAN QUIT ANY TIME I WANT!

1 XP When you discuss the symbiote or your host with another hero
3 XP When you first activate either one of your WE ARE VENOM or I AM VENOM Limits in a scene
10 XP When you either split permenantly, deciding that the symbiote is affecting you too much/that your host is too weak, or flee the government to keep the symbiote/stay bonded to your present host.

OLD SOLDIER, NEW HERO
1 XP When you discuss an heroic act like it was a military engagement
3 XP When you defy your superiors orders.
10 XP When you either quit heroics to work for the military full time, or take up heroics full time and leave military ops behind.

Captain Hats
Jan 6, 2009

ELF
Civil War carries on well. One of my players expressed interest in playing as Gambit, so I made one up since they never published stats for him. Again, mostly going by wikipedia here for his powers.

quote:

GAMBIT (Remy LeBeau)

AFFILIATIONS
SOLO D6
BUDDY D10
TEAM D8

DISTINCTIONS
Master Thief
Rajun Cajun
Notorious Flirt

KINETIC ENERGY CONTROL
KINETIC BLAST D8
ENHANCED REFLEXES D8
ENHANCED SPEED D8
ENHANCED STRENGTH D8
COMBAT STAFF D6
MIND CONTROL D6
SFX: Full House. Against multiple targets, for each target beyond the first, add a D6 and keep an additional effect dice.
SFX: Straight Flush. Against a single target, add a D6, remove the highest rolling dice from your pool, and keep 3 dice.
SFX: All In. Step up or double KINETIC BLAST for one action, or spend 1PP to do both. Then shut down KINETIC BLAST. Activate an opportunity or participate in a transition scene to recover.
Limit: Bust. Shut down a KINETIC ENERGY CONTROL power to gain 1PP. Activate an opportunity or participate in a transition scene to recover.
Limit: Mutant. Gain 1PP when affected by mutant specific complications or tech.

SPECIALTIES
Acrobatic Expert D8
Combat Expert D8
Covert Master D10
Crime Master D10
Psych Expert D8
Menace Expert D8

MILESTONES
HEIR TO A STOLEN THRONE
1 XP When you use your COVERT or CRIME specialties to aid your allies
3 XP When your criminal past gets you and your allies in trouble.
10 XP When you either take up the position of head of the LeBeau crime family, or destroy them, declaring that part of your past to be over once and for all.

AH, CHERIE...
1 XP When you first flirt with a woman in a scene.
3 XP When you pursue romance at the expense of aiding your allies.
10 XP When you either settle down and commit to one woman, or break a woman's heart to carry on your philandering ways.
Is it wrong that my favorite part of this system is coming up with terrible puns for the SFX names?

Affiliations are mostly a guess. It seems that whenever he's on his own, things go BADLY for him, while he looks to be at his best operating with a partner. Plus the system needs more buddy heroes.

Captain Hats
Jan 6, 2009

ELF
I was debating splitting his powers up, but Bishop has his guns as part of his energy control power set. According to wikipedia he has enhanced physical attributes as a result of his kinetic energy control powers being used to propel himself, and if those are folded into the kinetic control power set that just leaves the staff as a weapon dice all on its lonesome. Also most mutants only have the one powerset and a second one really boosts a characters oomph, so I didn't want him too out of line from Colossus, Cyclops, Beast, Emma Frost and the like.

Bust is in as a one size fits all limit to represent him getting too exhausted/unfocused to effectively use his physicality, dropping his staff, AND running out of cards/handy debris to use kinetic blast with. Mostly because I think just "Mutant" is kind of boring. And any way you slice it, he's not out of the game entirely given it only shuts down individual powers, and it's easy for him to buy back in with a plot point (poker pun).

Good point on the Kinetic Control though

Captain Hats
Jan 6, 2009

ELF
Having slept on it, you guys are right, as goons usually are. Here's the version I wound up giving the player.

Also I've been working on Juggernaut for her. He's basically unstoppable as long as you're doing direct physical confrontation, but he doesn't have much recourse against clever complications, which seems to be how Juggernaut gets defeated usually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hats
Jan 6, 2009

ELF
My Civil War game ended on Monday night. There were thrills, spills, ups and downs, and everyone had a grand old time. But you're not here to listen to me tell you about how great my fanfiction is. No, you're here for datafiles. Like this guy:

quote:

Kang the Conqeror
Solo 3d10
Buddy 3d6
Team 2d8

DISTINCTIONS
Come the Conqueror!
Plans Within Plans
40th Century Man.

POWERSET: RAIMENT OF THE CONQEROR
Superhuman Strength d10
Godlike Durability d12
Force Blast d10
Weapon d10
Flight d8

SFX: Immunity (Spend a doom dice to ignore complications or stress related to hunger, thirst or radiation)
SFX: Multipower (Add multiple RAIMENT OF THE CONQUEROR powers to your dice pool, stepping back all RAIMENT OF THE CONQEROR in the pool for each one added beyond the first)
SFX: Area Attack (When attacking multiple targets, add a d6 and keep an extra effect dice for each target beyond the first)
SFX: Arsenal Spanning Space and Time (Spend a doom dice to step up or double WEAPON for one action, and add a descriptor to it)
SFX: Damocles, Engage! (Spend a doom dice to step up a tech, science or vehicle resource and step down mental or emotional stress)
SFX: Orbital bombardment (Spend a doom dice to step up and double FORCE BLAST for one action, then shut down FORCE BLAST. Activate an opportunity to recover)
SFX: Large Scale Threat (Kang always uses his Solo affiliation dice, unless working with beings of similar scope. Defeat a solo dice with d12 stress)
Limit: Epic Arrogance (Kang may not spend doom dice to use his effect dice from a reaction pool, unless the hero has previously inflicted stress or a complication on him)
Limit: INFERIOR WORMS! (Step up mental or emotional stress from more primitive life-forms to gain d6 doom)

SPECIALTIES

Combat Master: d10
Cosmic Master: d10
Menace Master: d10
Psych Master: d10
Science Grand Master: d12
Tech Grand Master: d12
Vehicle Master: d10

I had him show up at the climax trying to exploit their weakness to alter the timestream, to give the players a reason to stop fighting. You could probably stand to bump his affiliation dice up a notch or two, I just didn't want the fight to drag on too long.

• Locked thread