Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Just posting to say I love this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

GimpInBlack posted:

Let me know and I'll double check with Winson to make sure it's kosher.

If it turns out to be kosher, I'd really love these as well.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I've been meaning to ask, has anyone done anything with making original characters that aren't randomly generated yet?

I have a couple ideas, but wanted to see what others may have done first.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Defiance Industries posted:

Ibn's running a couple in my current Civil War game. Also the Annihilation book has a bunch of basic templates that are designed to be used to make original characters. You want to make a Kree warrior? He's a baseline for Kree warriors, go from there.

I'll have to try and snag the annihilation book then. Although I'm working on a different angle for originals.
Like, an idea I'm thinking about to have a little more balance is the progression of die steps:
1d12 = 2d10 = 3d8 = 4d6

I figured depending on power level and what the watcher is trying to run, every player gets 3d12 to play with, which can be broken down according to the above progression into however many powers they wish, spread into as many powersets as they wish while retaining a little bit of parity.

You can have a 3d12 powerhouse standing side by side with a 16d6 olympic level athlete, doctor, physicist, secret agent.

of course then I'm stuck trying to figure out a good average for SFX.

I'd probably want to expand the specialties list, and also add a 'competent' level at d6 or something.

Edit: I should've specified MHRPG, I forget about the other games. my bad.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 9, 2014

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Lemon Curdistan posted:

A question for people who're used to making custom datafiles: how would you represent a power that can cause a boatload of collateral damage if it's used in a special way? I'm specifically thinking of someone whose powers are just 1) being invulnerable and 2) being able to fly fast, and uses their powers to fly into things at high speeds - if they try to hit one guy the collateral damage will probably just be limited to what they fly into, but if they try to hit the ground specifically, there will probably be an explosion with significant collateral damage.

The actual powers are simple enough (Supersonic Flight d10, Godlike Durability d12, use the Flight when attacking) but I'm struggling on how to model things with SFX/Limits. Should I give it a single SFX that combines Area and Unleashed (something like "against multiple targets, double Flight dice, then add a d6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target, but add the highest die to the doom pool if your action fails")? Or should I just give it the Area SFX and the Growing Dread Limit? The former feels clunky, but the latter

Also, I'm not sure whether the invulnerability in this case would be better modelled as d12 Durability, d10 Durability with Invulnerable, or d12 Durability with Invulnerable.

So maybe you'd want something kind of like this?

SFX: Kinetic Bombardment: Add a d6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target and then add a die from the doom pool to your attack action. Step up the doom pool die by +1 for each action; return it to the doom pool when done.

Limit: Collateral Damage. Both 1's and 2's in your dice pools count as opportunities, although only 1's are excluded from use in your actions and reactions.

• Locked thread