Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I had a wonderful experience using random generation rules from the Marvel Website in Winson's game. Maybe give that thread a look to see how we did it? (It was a good game but ended up running out of momentum which sucked.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Not only that, but you don't have to take the theme advice. I'm pretty sure Flit's powers were rolled up on the Mystic table, but I liked playing Fixer But Not A Jerk so I made it tech instead. The system is extremely flexible like that.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Inflict Mental or Emotional stress, or rank up a sufficient Complication like "Full of goddamn sedatives". Dealing straight up physical damage against the Hulk is dumb, but you don't have to inflict physical stress with your moves.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Solomonic posted:

At last, I have found a term for the kind of successes my party gets. Our Moon Knight player in particular rolls so many opportunities that he can just make it rain plot points on the critical rolls (I have them hard-capped at 5 but he always gets just enough in time for the right moment), and twice now he's gotten so many extraordinary successes that he's immediately stressed out his target. Granted, a lot of the time he has mental stress from calling for vengeance and he's out of PP afterwards, but still, seeing the dude leap into action and immediately decapitate Silver Samurai with his own sword is impressive as hell from a metagame perspective. It definitely mitigates some of my "NOOOOOOO MY ENCOUNTER" Watcher angst. :v:

It warms my heart that your player is running Moon Knight pitch perfect.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
When they release the non-licensed version of MHR, Smallville, and Leverage, most likely.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Can we pool Xp? Because at this rate we're about half way to taking this poo poo cosmic.

Edit: So is that Galactus only or can Strange get Eternity up in here.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah but it'd be like a dozen dudes doing it.

EDIT: We save up 200 Xp, and then have Galactus fight ANOTHER Galactus!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Dude don't spoil the end of the campaign!

Would legit read Galactus, Sorcerer Cosmic.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Quick, tell me how well Doctor Strange could hold up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Obviously Cap needs to be the reckless crazy rear end in a top hat. Basically turn him into a Steranko Splash.

• Locked thread