Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So it's Interlude Time at the dwarf's gaming table, and this time our interlude game (scheduled for 2-3 sessions at most) is MARVEL FASERIP! :toot:

The group unanimously wanted to make their own characters, so a few quick questions...

(1) Basic or Advanced? I am thinking Basic because this is like 10ish total hours of play-time, but don't want to short-change the experience if Advanced chargen makes cooler heroes. I am totally cool smashing the two together, and doing like Advanced chargen/powers but Basic other rules or whatever.

(2) Any good adventures we can smash through in like 10 hours?

I haven't played this game in ... what, 25 years? So any advice is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Cool - I will look into those. I am 99% sure I ran ... Time Trap maybe? ... back when I was a kid.

I remember the Cosmos Cubed adventures very well. I don't remember if we ever played 'em though.

Oh! And for ... uh ... science? ... I rolled up a character tonight. I got an Alien with Animal Transformation. I was bummed because all my stats were Good (no, seriously, all of them except Psyche) until I saw he could turn into a Dinosaur. I was pretty okay with that.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

ibntumart posted:

Ha, the Cosmos Cubed ones were precisely the ones I was looking at. A fun way to get more mileage from the Annihilation Event book or so I am telling myself.

I wasted so many hours rolling up improbable superheroes with the Ultimate Power Book back in the day. I loved how you could get an angel PC with Monstrous Reality Alteration and Poor Prehensile Hair almost as easily as a half-robot(usuform)/half-undead with Excellent Hyper-Olfactory Sense and Feeble Berserking.
Yeah, I remember the biggest problem we had with those was Gladiator doing 500 damage on a charge...

Still, I have a huge soft spot for cosmic Marvel.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

ibntumart posted:

Hey dwarf74, how did the FASERIP sessions go?
Just had one so far, yesterday. It went ... okay.

Characters were randomly generated. I had...

Dr. Kingsford - mutant with Poor charcoal body armor and Monstrous Fire Control. Zippos himself aflame, then uses that to attack
Captapult (groan) - altered human with Monstrous strength, remarkable earth control, and elongation.
Tankbuster - hi-tech wonder who rolled amazingly well on his suit, so ended up with Monstrous agility. Energy touch attack.
1101 - alien with Energy Transformation
[robot whose name i forgot] - gravity manipulation and a ranged stunning attack that mostly served to drain bad guys' karma.
[altered human whose name i forgot] - shrinking, elongation, and a web attack. very weird, but cool.

I ran Time Trap, and the party had a good deal of trouble with both Mimic (seriously, the party had a lot of high stats spread all around, which Mimic ended up with) and Drax.

Combat took longer than I remembered or expected.

• Locked thread