Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FutureBoy
Jan 18, 2003

"Listen, no offense, but if I'm getting taken down, man, it ain't gonna be from fuckin' Speedball!"
I have adored every form the Marvel RPG has taken and own as many of the books as I can find. My absolute favorite bits from each version were
-The giant and detailed maps from the TSR version. I still use those to this day when the group is in any modern city. Also running a game in that system for five or so years that started out in the Age of Apocalypse and tumbled into a version of te 90's marvel U. A character in that group who had emotion control powers managed to make the Hulk scared of him.

-The character creation system in the saga edition. Everything ran off the cards and it was crazy intuitive and fun stating your guy out. Also the Saga system handled low power street characters better than any other system I've played.

- The XP system of the relaunch bead thing. At the end of every game you get X amount of sentences. The sentence could be something like "I'm really good at seeing through Skrull disguises." then the next time you were around a disguised Skrull you got a bonus. It was inspired.

- The initiative system in the newest one is great fun. Everyone piles into the room to fight the red skull, the DM (here called the Watcher [glee!]) has the option to use a doom token to let the red skull go first, if he doesn't then it falls o the players to decide who goes first. Well, this is really Captain America's deal, he should deliver the big speech and throw his mighty shield. Great, he does. Now who goes? The players discuss it amongst themselves and then pass the story stick around until everyone has had a turn.

For my money, I ad the most fun with the original. I was a big campaign with lots of kirby-explosions and the system was great for that. I recently re-purchased the saga system and would love to give that another go but want to run a big game with the new system too. Not enough time in the day :( Not until my mutant power kicks in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread