Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Morand posted:

Well dammit.

What character are you looking for? There's a lot of fan-made datafiles and some of them are posted on online library sites that can be viewed (limited access) for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Morand posted:

I have no idea, I just wanted to look at a bunch of official ones and see what caught my eye. One fan made thing I saw had a silver surfer with nothing but D12's everywhere and I thought that was a bit much and got curious as to what the official ones said, and then a bunch of fan ones don't have milestones.

Hoping to try and post a character for the x-men/mad men game so I wanted to look at a bunch of characters and see what looked fun.

To be totally honest, I understand wanting to browse the datafiles because I did so as soon as I got the core book, but I've found that the game is so story and plot-driven that the best way to do things is to pick a character and concept you like and then worry about a datafile after you've got your character picked. I did that with my first game and have not regretted it. The game is extremely well-balanced (outside fan-made insanity like Silver Surfer, who is ridiculous anyway) and so no matter who you pick if there's a well-made datafile you'll be useful and have fun. Because yeah, outside of buying the books I don't think you'll be able to browse through a bunch of official datafiles.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

So I'm seriously considering putting a game together on here based on X-Men #190-191, the storyline where Kulan Gath takes over Manhattan and essentially turns it into a Conan-themed amusement park. It'll probably take me about a month or so of planning but I just wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions on ways to customize datafiles and make them a bit more barbarian themed. I was figuring that with the way that story worked most characters could probably just keep the same datafile and just use roleplaying to make them more unique but I wasn't sure about giving some of the characters a weapon power to give them a sword or something.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Posted up my Hyborian Age Marvel game: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3616796.

• Locked thread