Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

wesleywillis posted:

My brother's first "modern" computer circa 1993-94 ish the lock was to lock the key board. Like you could turn the poo poo on, but the key board wouldn't work if you locked it.

E: I didn't see the lock up top by the hard drive. Just the one down by the turbo buttons.

Yeah, my family's first "real" PC (Gateway 2000 circa 1992/3, a 3x86, 4 MB RAM, Windows 3.0. Yeah, 3.0, not 3.1) had a physical lock on it, but it was just a fancy power switch that needed a key in series with the main power switch. It broke pretty early on (I think one of the springs in the tumbler broke so the pin wouldn't retract) so my dad had to just open the case and physically move it to the 'on' position internally. He was actually using the lock to attempt to lock me and my brother out of the computer so we wouldn't play too many games, but, welp, having to bypass the lock put an end to that, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

:huh:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

SLOSifl posted:

I still have one of these, and its 3D successor sitting around here somewhere. I think the 4G support was the main reason I got it, and there was actually 4G service in Austin at the time. I remember showing the kickstand and download speed to a friend by watching a youtube video or something like that at a bar.

Wasn't it just Sprint's lovely "WiMAX" 4G?
Lol. Just full fuckin' lol at anyone who bought one of those.

It was me, I bought one.