Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlightButSteady
Sep 13, 2007

Soiled Meat

I suppose it's time to stop being excited about HVDs

quote:

The Holographic Versatile Disc (HVD) is an optical disc technology developed between April 2004 and mid-2008 that can store up to several terabytes of data on an optical disc 10cm in diameter.

Would it be considered as still-born media?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlightButSteady
Sep 13, 2007

Soiled Meat

Pingiivi posted:

Here's some very best mostly kinda obsolete tape decks:

I wouldn't be surprised if that cost half a million, ten years ago.

I used to operate a standard def digi deck that cost $80,000 in 2000. Here's one listed for $700: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Digibeta-Deck-DVW-500P-/351482785952?hash=item51d601b0a0
(the "p" in the model number stands for PAL, they were either Pal or NTSC.)

SlightButSteady
Sep 13, 2007

Soiled Meat

TotalLossBrain posted:

Here's some more.

What style is this? It's beautiful.

SlightButSteady
Sep 13, 2007

Soiled Meat

Jerry Cotton posted:

Futurist?

e: I wanted to say Googie but a) that's architecture and b) I don't know what I'm talking about anyway I just wanted to make a guess and if I turned out to be right I'd seem right smart.

eeeeee: Art deco :doh:

eeeeeee: I still have no idea what I'm talking about :shrug: the size of the TV means it's not period art deco anyway

Jesus take me now.

Excellent, thank you. It's called the Kuba Komet