Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars

Landerig posted:

Oh yeah, a 21" Trinitron. Desk buster is very appropriate.

I once lugged home a free 32" Sony Trinitron, by myself. (Free to anyone who could lift it) Beautiful picture but it sat for 3 weeks on my living room floor before I decided to just sell it. I mean I could have reinforced the TV stand with 4x4's, or maybe just built a new one out of reinforced concrete, but I decided to let it go to a new home, where it probably still sits like the living room monolith.

gently caress. Trinitrons.

I'll put this in perspective: I work for a moving company, and we charge a step fee for items that go up or down stairs which we have deemed "unnecessarily cumbersome" (IE: We loving Hate These Things)

There are only four things on this list.

Pianos.
Vending machines.
(Large) Gun safes.

and loving Trinitrons.

We once moved a 40-some-odd-inch Trinitron TV up two flights of stairs. It took three guys to do it, two on the bottom to provide support and the one on top to lift and guide. China hutches, entertainment centers, sofas, beds, desks, you name it, the majority of them we lift with two people. But Trinitrons get three.

My mom and dad still own one and keep it in their attic, and I think as a birthday present I'm going to ask if I can put an axe through it and toss it off our roof.

If you ever need to move to a new place, and you own one, I highly suggest you do the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars

Landerig posted:

I have to ask, how the hell did they get it into their attic? Did they use a winch?

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

I work for a moving company

:smith:

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

E never mind I'm really dumb