Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Mister Kingdom posted:

I still have a 27" CRT TV and googling tells me it weighs 108 lbs. So that 40" is probably close to 150-175lbs.
:lol:

If its a sony trinitron, it weighs exactly 325 pounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Farbtoner posted:

The PDA is a perfect example of how all the processing power in the world doesn't matter without good design backing it up. If they got over their stupid fixation on styluses and handwriting-recognition and built-in keyboards and tried what Apple did with a user-friendly touch-screen interface and a simple operating system we would still be using them.
gently caress you touchscreen keyboards are not enjoyable.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

DNova posted:

:psyduck: What do you even mean by this?
"Now the numbers make sense, but I am skeptical to believe that this machine is fast enough to display an easy-to-read seconds display."

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Lowen SoDium posted:

In general, Cheat codes are obsolete. Now games have unlocks and DLC to give you the same things that used to be secretes
This is terrible. GTA:SA has a shitload of cheats, probably over 60. Stuff like turning on riot mode, changing wanted stars, flying cars, making all the cars pink, any car your car touches will explode. GTA:IV had maybe 10 and they're just car spawning or weapons/armor.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Lowen SoDium posted:

For me, piracy in general is obsolete. When games started using more complex copy protections that require more and more screwing with to defeat, and with services like Steam that have aggressive sales and are very convenient. Valve figured out that in order to compete with free, you have to be cheap, easy to use, and provide more functionality and service. Granted, they didn't have all that right away. In fact, steam was disliked by a lot of users in the beginning. But they have pretty much become synonymous with PC gaming.
The newest GTA will let you play online and you get all the DLC unlocked. Piracy isn't dead.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Ozz81 posted:

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard - it'd be like having a FPS game with ragdoll physics, and a company says "yeah, that's great but the main character is invincible and can never fall down"
What? I don't want to play a FPS game where I can fall down if I don't jump over a curb.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I know this isn't really the type of stuff meant to be posted here and its not quite space jam funny, but its kind of on topic.

Steve-O, from Jackass fame had a 4 episode tv show on usa back in 2007.

For some reason, the only part of the old website still up is the application, which includes a section to type your pager number.

http://www2.usanetwork.com/series/drsteveo/application.html
http://www2.usanetwork.com/series/drsteveo/Dr_Steve-O_Application.pdf

Its also a little snapshot of what their website used to look like in 2007, as it looks completely different now.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Humphreys posted:

What was the largest CRT TV? Whatever it is - using it and doing what you did should be in the world strongman competition
I used to deliver TVs back when the digital switch happened. Largest one I saw (and had to move) was the 40 inch sony trinitron. 300+ pounds is not a good time.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Iron Crowned posted:

I've never had those issues with a self-checkout, you must just be an idiot.
Self checkouts are different depending where you live, just like assholes like you.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Action Tortoise posted:

Not sure. My sister had one and it was more colorful and had an LCD screen. This one had like a brushed metal covering.
Dell DJ or whatever or was called? It was brushed metal, but not quite a rocker switch I think it was a wheel.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Weatherman posted:

I get the second one, but what the hell happened to Dewey's face in the first? Is that even the same actor?
Its his stand in since he probably had no speaking lines and the camera was focused on Malcolm.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Antifreeze Head posted:

I don't know who Bob Talley is, or even if he is still alive. But if he is, I hope he still out there ranting against GUIs, touch screens and haptic feedback.
Bob is eternally dealing with bugs, mice, and in these modern times worms too. https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/robert-talley-obituary?pid=180461458

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Take that, Paris.