Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

advion
Jul 25, 2005

Geoj posted:

From my understanding (at least in hospital settings) old analog cell phones used the same/nearly same frequency as a lot of wireless medical equipment so cell phones were generally banned from use. Modern digital phones are well outside of the spectrum used by medical equipment but a lot of hospitals still enforce the ban. My friend's wife is a physical therapist and up until recently had to leave her phone in her locker at work, but apparently the hospital she works at recently relaxed their rules to allow cell phone use anywhere but in operating rooms and intensive care floors.

Pagers are/were widely used by health care professionals because they are receive only and didn't emit anything that could interfere with equipment.

What ancient rear end place does she work at, I've worked in numerous hospitals around the US and not one have given a poo poo about Cell Phones being carried around anymore. The only thing they care about is HIPAA violations and getting your work done and not texting constantly.

Believe our Docs use Blackberries and we send them text pages and/or call.

(All ICUs and numerous Cardiac ICUs such as the one I work in now)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU