Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

User Name - CirclMastr
Contact Info - Forum PM or Discord (circlmastr)
City/State/Country - Arlington, VA, USA
Do you have a group now? No but I have a roommate who is also looking to play.
What are you willing to play? Pretty much anything that's not D&D, though we both have a lot of TTRPG experience. Cyberpunk Red, Blade Runner, The One Ring, or Star Wars preferred, but open to new games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1secondpersecond
Nov 12, 2008

User Name - 1secondpersecond
Contact Info - Discord (dbrizzle85), email (d.brosnan[at]gmail.com)
City/State/Country - Chicagoland, but in Barcelona for work Oct-Dec
Do you have a group now? Yes, but US-based
What are you willing to play? Basically anything - looking for board game or TTRPG peeps in the Barcelona area while I'm there for work.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

User Name - Walrustcat
Contact Info - Forum PM or Discord (Purrxia)
City/State/Country - New Haven, CT
Do you have a group now? Nope.
What are you willing to play? Open to any ttrpg.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

User Name - CirclMastr
Contact Info - Forum PM or Discord (circlmastr)
City/State/Country - Arlington, VA, USA
Do you have a group now? Currently myself and my roommate, looking for more players.
What are you playing? Star Wars: Age of Rebellion. Decided to be the change I want to see in the world and take the GM mantle.

Doublehex
Jan 29, 2009

Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
Region: Milwaukee, WI
Interested Games: I would be up for any Core Fantasy. 13th Age is my game of choice, but I would be up for 5th Edition. I will not touch 3rd Edition or Pathfinder.
Schedule: I would prefer weekends, as I usually take a 2-3 hour nap on the weekdays after work, which would make meeting on M-F a challenge.
Contact Info: You can PM me or send me an email at doublhex168 AT gmail DOT com.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
User Name - I Love You! (why is this a bullet point)
Contact Info - Forum PM or Discord (tedsternator)
City/State/Country - SF/Bay Area
Do you have a group now? No
What are you willing to play? I sure would like to find a board game group. I have a rather large collection and basically no friends who play board games in the area. Big fan of heavier/complex games but I'm down for more casual/party stuff as well with the right group. Probably not looking to join a TTRPG group at the moment.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
Region: Slightly north of Boston, MA
Interested Games: More on the storygame side of things, I don't mind other RPGs but probably wouldn't have fun with something like Pathfinder.
Schedule: Weekends
Contact Info: Forum PM works best.

mellonbread
Dec 20, 2017
Is there a good place to run an open table style game in the greater Seattle area? The store I used to play at (Dreaming comics and games) is closed now. Mox and Blue Highway games both have an events schedule but not really a "bulletin board" for advertising to potential players or pickup games.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

mellonbread posted:

Is there a good place to run an open table style game in the greater Seattle area? The store I used to play at (Dreaming comics and games) is closed now. Mox and Blue Highway games both have an events schedule but not really a "bulletin board" for advertising to potential players or pickup games.

I've heard good things about game shelf, terracrux and Zulu's. Gameshelf and Terracrux have discords for coordinating games

mellonbread
Dec 20, 2017

Saint Celestine posted:

I've heard good things about game shelf, terracrux and Zulu's. Gameshelf and Terracrux have discords for coordinating games
I visited Zulu's once. They had a cool Battletech event scheduled where you got a better robot every time the one you were piloting got destroyed. Like a fun self-adjusting handicap for bad players (which I'm sure I would have been if I had signed up). Sadly I was out of town on the day of the game. It's a bit of a trip (30 minutes by car, an hour by bus) but from this neighborhood anything will be.

It turns out Mox has a discord but I'm a little dubious about how useful it is for scheduling. There's no announcements channel or bot for posting games, you just have to type up your event and then keep reposting it to keep it afloat amid whatever discussion pushes it off the page.

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022
less of a seeking games and more of a TG for people in the area-
does anyone known any used game stores in the north florida to central florida area(Jax/Tally/Gainesville/Orlando) that have used miniatures? My go to used to be FLGS in jax to pick up prepainted 40k minis that I would strip and repaint, but they got bought out by comics colliseum last year and now no longer have such a section. the cities listed above are my main stomping grounds that I visit semi frequently, but within the general regions of FL I'd be happy to visit smaller cities that may have a store like this.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LurchinTard posted:

less of a seeking games and more of a TG for people in the area-
does anyone known any used game stores in the north florida to central florida area(Jax/Tally/Gainesville/Orlando) that have used miniatures? My go to used to be FLGS in jax to pick up prepainted 40k minis that I would strip and repaint, but they got bought out by comics colliseum last year and now no longer have such a section. the cities listed above are my main stomping grounds that I visit semi frequently, but within the general regions of FL I'd be happy to visit smaller cities that may have a store like this.

Does Sci-Fi City in Orlando have a used section?

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Midjack posted:

Does Sci-Fi City in Orlando have a used section?

Sci-Fi City is no longer open. It was also, funnily enough, bought out by Colosseum of Comics and they closed it down. The last store was much smaller, not the giant warehouse they were in before it, and I don't think they had used miniatures. They cut down on a lot of the books and stuff but still had the dead weight of every store that sells comics, boxes and boxes of back issues.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Sci-Fi City is no longer open. It was also, funnily enough, bought out by Colosseum of Comics and they closed it down. The last store was much smaller, not the giant warehouse they were in before it, and I don't think they had used miniatures. They cut down on a lot of the books and stuff but still had the dead weight of every store that sells comics, boxes and boxes of back issues.

:rip: I didn't know they'd left the larger store, it's been a while since I was there.

LurchinTard
Aug 25, 2022

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

god i hate colosseum of comics so much. bought out all the local stores in jax.

Hootler
Apr 8, 2007

Ain't you got worms?
User Name - Hootler
Contact Info - PM/Discord(Alyrehs)
Location - South Jersey/Philadelphia Area
Do you have a group now? Not really, but I play a few with friends and through meetup groups.
What are you willing to play? I'm looking for board/card games mostly, but up for whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

User Name - Verisimilidude
Contact Info - PM/Discord(buttcheeksio)
Location - North Jersey/NYC
Do you have a group now? Yes, I have a weekly group that I manage as the DM going on 5 years now.
What are you willing to play? Fantasy TTRPGs

Looking for a group with an experienced DM taking on new players. Also looking to potentially audit a game run by an experienced DM.