Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
Want to play some games in the really real world? Maybe someone else in here is too. Goons seeking groups or groups seeking goons post their contact info here. If you have a FLGS that runs board game night or a tournament or what have you, you can post that info here too.

SUGGESTED INFO - This list is by no means comprehensive, but include what you think pertinent. Please keep chatter out of this thread to make it a useful index.

User Name - This is your name!
Contact Info - The safest version of this is a forum PM, although whatever you choose to include (email, AIM contact info, IRC info) is swell too.
City/State/Country - Use as appropriate to your location. If you want to be more searchable, you might include the metro area or what have you.
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)?
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthwiz
Jun 5, 2006
Contact Info - PM
City, State, Country - Houston, TX, USA (Museum District)
Group? - Yes
Games?
  • I want to run: Dungeon World
  • I've got: Tenra Bansho Zero, Golden Sky Stories, GURPS, Apocalypse World, Tremulus, Dreseden Files, Burning Wheel/Empires, Mouse Guard, Rogue Trader, D&D 4E & Gamma World, Last Stand, 13th Age
  • I'll play: Anything

Stealthwiz fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 4, 2013

irishjoo
Jul 20, 2004

Step 1-Curl and Drag
Step 2-Attempt to Shoot
Step 3-Get Soft Penalty
Step 4-Score just enough to make people forget about Steps 1-3
Contact Info - PM or look in profile for other ways
City/State/Country - Chantilly, VA, USA(willing to travel a bit if need be)
Group? no, I am new to all this

What are you willing to play? I haven't played one before but I've been looking around here a bit. From what I've read a dnd style game seems fun. However if anyone proposes something else I'd be up to try it.

Racair
Sep 5, 2006
Contact Info - Look in my profile.
Location - Columbus, OH
Group - 5 players, 1 DM

4e D&D is our game, though one of the guys is trying to talk up Pathfinder and I play 40K. Could really use some more bodies so we don't have to cancel games when someone's kid gets sick.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Contact info - Email address is in my profile.
Location - Philadelphia, PA
Group - No, but I know a guy who's also interested.

Most familiar with D&D 4e, but not really picky - anything's fine, really.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Alright, this is a hell of a long shot, but:

Location: Eatonville (Yelm, Puyallup, Auburn, etc.), WA. I just graduated and am taking a year off to apply to grad school, so I'll be in Eatonville for the year. It's in the middle of goddamn nowhere, but I have a car, so somewhere like Puyallup would be fine too.

Games: I play mostly D&D 4e and FATE, but I'm more than willing to learn anything else! I'm also willing to DM, if someone's looking to start a new group.

Contact: doomsayerkevin@gmail.com for email or GTalk, or Doomsayer3913 on AIM. #Circadia on synirc.

AndItsAllGone
Oct 8, 2003

I love all kinds of board games and RPGs and would love to play almost anything. I'm new in town so I don't have a group yet.

I have physical books for: AD&D, D&D 4E, Legend of the Five Rings, nWoD, 40k, Mouse Guard, and Burning Wheel. I'm a quick study for other rules though!

AndItsAllGone fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 27, 2012

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I have very little time these days, but why not?

Contact Info - I idle in #acolyte and #septemberprocession on SynIRC.
City - Baltimore City, MD
Games - WH40k RPG, FATE, D&D4e, BSG, something I haven't heard of.
Do you have a game right now?: Yes. I'm playing in a weekly DH game near Midtown, CCC accessible. We're looking for more players. We play on Wednesday or Thursday nights, depending on the week.

Clanpot Shake fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jan 28, 2013

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

No longer up to date.

BrainParasite fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 6, 2016

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

User Name - ConfusedUs
Contact Info - Forums PM, confusedus at gmail
City/State/Country - Tulsa, Oklahoma
Do I have a group now? - No. I want one. Badly. I haven't had a local gaming group in years. :(
What am I willing to play? D&D 3.5 or 4th edition. Fate. Mutants and Masterminds. GURPS. PDQ and any of its variants. Just about anything that's not White Wolf, really.

I left my gaming group behind when I moved to Oklahoma from Virginia, nearly four years ago. I haven't found a good group since. I've found groups that smell like cheese and groups that want me to pay per session (with an extra fine if I miss an evening) and groups that hold on to oldschool AD&D like it's a broken door and the Titanic is sinking.

I just want a fun group of fun people who do fun things of a somewhat modern persuasion. I haven't found it yet.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Benagain

Contact Info: barcher9 at the gmail or forums PM

Location Chicago IL

Group None

What I'm Willing to Play ANYTHING I just want a group.

thanthos
Mar 22, 2001

This is the longest shot ever.

User Name - thanthos
Contact Info - forums PM or thanthos at gmail

City/State/Country - Singapore
Group - Potentially one to two dudes
Play - Anything!

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!
Username: Flaky Biscuit
Contact Info: PM me on here, or on IRC (usually on #badwrongfun)
Group: Two or three (sometimes) others
Play: Most anything (mostly 4e, FATE, WFRP3e, some weird things like Polaris and Nobilis). I have a lot of board games, so board gamers are very welcome.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
Username: Nitis
Contact Info: PM me or Rhapscallion at gmail dot com
Group: Me, sometime one or two extras
Play: I mainly play Arkham, and Twilight Imperium. I also enjoy other games, and have some 40k (not much). Trying to get table time with Space Alert.

Queen Fiona
Jan 8, 2008

Of all evil I deem you capable: therefore I want the good from you. Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.
Don't know if there's any Canadians here, but I'll give it a shot.

Contact Info: IM accounts in my profile. Yeah, no Platinum, sorry.
Group: Technically I've already got one, and we might technically need a new player soon, but honestly I want an entirely new group. Not that the guys I'm with are bad, and I'll stick with them, but I just want some variety and potentially people who actually understand game design and won't make awful puns every 10 seconds.
Play: Anything that isn't D&D. Because I very rarely have, and I desperately crave new experiences and new designs to rip stuff from. Board games or RPGs, doesn't matter. (D&D's actually still okay, 4th's my preference, but I'd like to play in a game with a good DM which isn't so hack-and-slashy for once.)

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
User Name - genericangst
Contact Info - I have PMs. You can also PM me on synIRC. I'm usually in #ferg.
City/State/Country - Goshen, NY. Basically the Hudson Valley area.
Do you have a group now? No.
What are you willing to play? I'm willing to try just about any game out there. I will say that I don't really like hack and slash all that much unless there's a cool plot to back it up.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Contact Info - PM
Location - Houston, TX
Do you have a group now? - No.
What are you willing to play? I'll give anything a fair shot. I have the most experience with DnD 4e/3.x, Gamma World, 13th Age, Dread, and Everyone Is John. I'd love to learn NWoD, FATE, Fiasco, Unknown Armies, Gumshoe, and Warhammer Fantasy/40k. I also like playing boardgames and non-collectable card games.

glitchwraith fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jul 25, 2012

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

BrainParasite posted:

Contact Info forum PM
Location Philadelphia, PA
Do you have a group now? No
What are you willing to play? I'm ok with pretty much anything, but I'm really itching to play Polaris, Fiasco, Dungeon World, the lumpley games or similar.

Can you email me? I don't have plat. :)

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Contact Info - I got banned and lost plat so you can use g dot dearien at gmail
City/State/Country - Pittsburgh, PA
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? No group :( .
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? Interested in playing around with more or less any not lovely rpg (warhammer, dnd 4e, storygame poo poo, whatevs), and I also have a few thousand points of old 40k models, a small WHF army, some partially constructed Warmachine stuff I'd love to learn to use, and a pretty big Battlefleet Gothic fleet.

edit: boardgames own too, I used to play a lot of arkham, twilight, settlers, house on haunted hill, etc. I'm really up for anything, just looking for other nerds who aren't insufferable and weird.

DeimosRising fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 27, 2012

Recycling Centerpiece
Apr 28, 2005

Turn around
Grimey Drawer
User Name - Sworder
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Hagerstown, MD. ~60mi west of Baltimore.
Do you have a group now? My fiancee and I play with 3 others who randomly appear and disappear based on availability. Some stability would be nice, with or without them.
What are you willing to play? 3.5/PF. Interested in 4e/5e or Dungeon World, or pretty much anything where the character sheet doesn't look like accounting homework.

Recycling Centerpiece fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 12, 2014

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
See post on page 12

Hardcordion fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 30, 2014

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Contact Info - Forum PM
City/State/Country - Gainesville, Florida, USA
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? No :C I don't have friends
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? Anything that can be played in single sittings. I love RPGs but I'm too busy right now to commit to anything.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
Contact Info: Fugaros at google or AIM. Prefer forums PM, if you have it.
Group: I have the makings of one, just need to find a few more people to game with.
Willing to play: Anything where you want to have fun.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Contact Info: PMing me on the forums works. If you don't have that, then my email is jonthe2nd at gmail. I check both about once a day.

Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado. Where we play varies, usually either the far north in or more south-central.

Group: We currently have a group consisting of a DM (who may be any of three people) plus the four players, so typically five. Players range from people who like interesting ideas that are almost always doomed to fail (that'd be me), guys who powergame, guys who try to powergame but fail at it, and guys who couldn't give a poo poo about the rules so long as they get to roleplay.

Willing to Play: The group has two unemployed dudes, so we/they are really hesitant to do anything that requires them spending money. That said, the group feels most comfortable with Pathfinder/3.5 and Star Wars, and we're edging into Shadowrun. Currently, I'm DMing the Skulls and Shackles Pathfinder adventure path, someone else is wrapping up Curse of the Crimson Throne, and we've got a guy doing the most batshit insane Shadowrun game ever -- we take turns, someone usually running one game for about 5-6 weeks that way there's always something kind of fresh and people don't get bored. I also occasionally DM Star Wars, and have been looking to do such again eventually.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Contact Info - SA PM's, Steam (usually on): djfooboo, email djfooboo atyahoodotscoms
City/State/Country - West Indianapolis (will travel)
Do you have a group now? - I have many groups, always looking for more fun people though
What are you willing to play? - I will play most anything short of grognardy wargames

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
User Name - P.d0t

Contact Info - email: ninethreefive@hotmail.com (put SA TG or something similar in the subject line)

City/State/Country - Calgary (CGY, #YYC), Alberta (AB), Canada (CA)

Do you have a group now? - If you are looking for a group in Calgary, then yes, so feel free to hit me up and I will see about getting you into one of them. Currently am in a group that runs GURPS and PF, another that does 3.5 D&D, and a third that does 4e plus potentially any horrible poo poo you could imagine (Hackmaster, Rolemaster, Aces & Eights, Shadowrun, WoD, etc.) Email me for more details
EDIT: I have a pretty awesome 4e D&D group running now, but I am looking for additional players and venues in the north end of town; we have a couple guys from Airdrie, so I would like to reduce travel time for them, and split the campaign into 2 parties based on RL geography.

What are you willing to play? 4e D&D.
Would also be up for trying 13th Age, Sacred BBQ, Dungeon World, Gamma World, WHFRP but have no materials or experience with 'em.
I also own a shitload of Axis & Allies games, some of which I haven't even played.

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 23, 2013

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Contact Info: E-mail (wasurerareta at gmail) is your best bet. I keep meaning to get plat, and I'll edit the post if I do.
City/State/Country: Austin, TX (north Austin, if it matters, but we can get anywhere that isn't crazy-far south)
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? No group, but my boyfriend is also looking for tabletop gaming, so games/groups with room for two are ideal.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? I'm not a wargamer, but I'm pretty flexible when it comes to RPGs; probably my only no-gos right now are Exalted 2E and Warhammer anything. I probably have the most experience with 3E D&D and Pathfinder but am interested in trying new stuff.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

BrainParasite posted:

Contact Info forum PM
What are you willing to play? I'm ok with pretty much anything, but I'm really itching to play Polaris, Fiasco, Dungeon World, the lumpley games or similar.

I'm also in the Philly area and would love to play some Fiasco, Dungeon World or pretty much anything else. I don't have Plat either, but President Ark has my info.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
User Name - berzerkmonkey
Contact Info - portablezombie at gmail
City/State/Country - Hamden (New Haven County) CT, USA
What are you willing to play?- Most any GW game, past or present, also looking for some RPG action - Pathfinder, D&D, 40K Roleplay, etc.

UberChair
Jan 8, 2008

This club is borin' the crap outta me!
Contact Info: changeroftheways at gmail
City/State/Country: San Diego, California, USA
Do I Have A Group Now? Yes, but meetings are irregular. Looking for another one.
What Am I Willing To Play? DnD4E/Pathfinder are the ones I'm most familiar with, but I'm willing to learn anything. I've got an interest in the 40k RPGs out there as well.

cultureulterior
Jan 27, 2004
Contact Info: sam [at] ulterior [dot] org
City/State/Country: London, UK
Do I Have A Group Now? No
What Am I Willing To Play? Most things.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Dallas Tx, USA (The tri-city Garland/Dallas/Mesquite Area)
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? - Nope. LFG
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? Call of Cthulhu, Shadow Run, 40k, Warmachine, Anima, oWoD Vampire, Magical Witch Girl Adventures, Big Eyes Small Mouth(Mouse), Intergalactic Culinary Challenge, and Dungeon World are things I have the rules for, last I checked, and I am up for most things.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Contact Info - PM, Mjusenius at Gmail
City/State/Country - North Seattle
Do you have a group now? Nope
What are you willing to play? Pretty much anything, but I'd prefer 4E, Gamma World or Shadowrun. Also have a pretty good collection of Board Games that are sitting unplayed.

Cactrot fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 17, 2012

Numbnuts
May 20, 2012
Contact Info - No platinum, best way is either email (numbercruncher4000@yahoo.ca) or Skype (Search for Numbnuts, in the case of multiple Numbnuts try using my email to search instead.)
City/State/Country - Carleton Place (Also known as "That tumor growing on Ottawa") Ontario, Canada
Do you have a group now - Nope. I might have one guy but even that's debateable. Probably need three to four other people for a decent sized game.
What are you willing to play - Absolutely bumfuck anything. If you have some old loving forgotten game that your grandpa wrote up in his spare time I'd probably be willing to play it as long as we can get a party interested in it.

I'd like not having to DM but if I have to to get a game then I'll deal with that too.

Edit: Probably should post what games I have books for.
DnD 4.0 and 3.5 (Not enough 3.5 knowledge to DM though) and Pathfinder
Call of Cthulhu
GURPS
Dark Heresy
Cthulhu Tech
Star Wars D20
Pandemonium
Paranoia
Don't Rest Your Head

Numbnuts fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 27, 2012

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Contact Info - PM, or rbastarblade at gmail
City/State/Country - Alexandria/Arlington, Virgina, USA (My job is transferring me up to the DC region in a few weeks, I'll be working around the king street metro so I plan on living on the blue/orange line or thereabout)
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? - Nope!
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? Dungeons and Dragons or similar. I've only ever played Exalted and Savage Worlds online, but I think I'd like something a little more standard to start off with for live play. I wouldn't say no to board games either, but nothing involving collectables like Warhammer, I'm not interesting in building up something like that.

Though again, I won't be able to do so until I get up there in a few weeks and get a bit settled, but I'd love to start meeting people when I do get up there. I'll edit this post then, but if you want to message me and start to get in touch feel free.

e: I'm currently down in Lebanon, VA, 30 minutes away from Bristol if anyone is interested around there.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 10, 2012

nomadotto
Oct 25, 2010

Body of a Penguin
Soul of a Hero
Mind of a Lazy, Easily Distracted, Waste of Space

User Name - Nomadotto
Contact Info - Email me! Email is in profile
City/State/Country - Philadelphia, PA
Do you have a group now ish. I am part of a large(ish) pathfinder group, but am looking for folks for some indie-games and/or board games.
What are you willing to play Looking for folks for board games and/or indie-ish rpgs- Danger Patrol, 13th Age, Fiasco, Apocolypse World, etc.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
Contact Info - PMS, AIM: Clockwork Gadget, or find me in #badwrongfun or #partyhard.
City/State/Country - St. Louis, MO.
Do you have a group now? - We don't have a regular group, but we've got anywhere from 2 - 6 people on any given week that get together to RPG or play board games.
What are you willing to play? - We usually just end up playing board games (the usual suspects include Dominion, BSG, Small World, Galaxy Trucker, Dixit, and Ticket to Ride) because we're lazy, but we are familiar with a bunch of systems and are generally always looking to learn more. In the past year we've messed around with 4e, 13th Age, Reign, CoC, Mistborn RPG, Gamma World, and AD&D. We've got tentative plans for Mutant City Blues, the new Marvel RPG, and Somberbrero is always trying to get us to play Fiasco.

Feldheim_C
Oct 8, 2010

Some sort of strange mechanical man.
User Name - Feldheim_C
Contact Info - PM or email at Loslomo@gmail.com
City/State/Country - Portland, Oregon (Southeast Foster area/ Red Castle Games)
Do you have a group now? We have a group that meets every Wednesday from 7pm-12 for PFS.
What are you playing? Pathfinder Society (Organized Play) for the time being, but may look at playing other systems/games in general as we get more people.

More Info:
Basically a (non-goon) friend of mine started a gaming group called the Midweek Militia, so far we are only running 1-2 tables of PFS but we're hoping to drum up more players, possibly expanding to other games over time. My friend has talked the owner to giving a 10% discount for Pathfinder related stuff to people who show up and play and he's also been getting a hold of various gaming companies for some swag to give away. If you're interested contact me or just come on down to Red Castle before 7.

nomadotto
Oct 25, 2010

Body of a Penguin
Soul of a Hero
Mind of a Lazy, Easily Distracted, Waste of Space

BrainParasite posted:

Contact Info forum PM

President Ark posted:

Contact info - Email address is in my profile.
Location - Philadelphia, PA
Group - No, but I know a guy who's also interested.

Most familiar with D&D 4e, but not really picky - anything's fine, really.

Seems like there's a bunch of folks in the Philly area. Shoot me an email at edward (dot) damon at gmails and I'll start doing some organizing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Contact Info - Forums PM works.
City/State/Country - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Do you have a group now? - Not exactly. I had one and it sort of fell apart but there's probably a couple of people I could get to play stuff if I asked them again.
What are you willing to play? 4th Edition, 13th Age, any sort of card/board games.