Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenshirou
Jan 6, 2007

j.HP, c.Mp xx Flash Kick
Contact Info PM
City/State/Country Washington DC area/Bethesda
Do you have a group now? I've not played tabletop stuff in over a decade, so I'm starting out new.
What are you willing to play? 4E, Pathfinder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

User Name - FireSight
Contact Info - Forum PM or AIM - FireSightFlamer
City/State/Country - San Jose, California
What are you willing to play? Just about anything other than 4e D&D. I collect all sorts of obscure RPGs, so I'm familiar with a lot.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Contact Info: PM's work, or essbeta at gmail
Do you have a group now? Yup, there's four of us who meet every weekend, on either Saturday or Sunday afternoons. Most of us have been playing together for ~2 years. We're looking for 1-2 more regulars.
What are you willing to play? Generally we try to play pen-and-paper RPG's, lately it's been Shadowrun and before that we played Dark Heresy/Black Crusade for a long stretch. We also play a lot of board and card games. We're a pretty laid-back group though and always willing to give new things a go if anyone wants to try something out.

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts
User Name - Dr Nick
Contact Info - PM me
City/State/Country - Huntington Beach (Orange County), CA, USA (USA! USA!)
I have a group now but were always looking for one or two new players because new people are cool and we like to hang out and have a good time.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? - We mostly play Dungeons and Dragons 4e but we're up for anything. We do board game nights pretty often too so we can fill all your TG needs :q:

The Raglay
Apr 11, 2007

Contact Info - email me at acdamiter at gmail
City/State/Country - Philadelphia, PA, University City area
Do you have a group now? - No, just myself and my girlfriend.
What are you willing to play? - Looking to play mostly lighter/non-role playing board/card games, like Ticket to Ride, Stone Age, Innovation, etc. Not opposed to heavier games (although not too heavy - Earth Reborn did not work out), but those are the kinds of games we currently own.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Wilmington, NC
Do you have a group now? - No, I don't even live there yet :( In the process of moving there right now, should arrive in 1-2 weeks
What are you willing to play? - I only have 40k

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Contact Info: PM, divallmr AT gmail
City/State/Country: Portland, OR USA
Do you have a group now?: Yep! There are four of us (plus a cat that loves you). We'd like one, maybe two more people.
What do you play?: We are running a couple of D&D 4e campaigns with one of them set in the Dark Sun universe. Sometimes we just break out cool board games. Sometimes we have adult beverages too! No matter what, we're having a good time. :cool:

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Contact Info - PM or info in profile
City/State/Country - Columbus, OH, USA (west side)
Do you have a group now? Nope, not right now at least.

What are you willing to play? D&D/PF (any edition), Hackmaster, 13th Age, Burning Wheel, CoC, etc. Open to other stuff as well, but preferably a good beer & pretzels RPG or something I don't have to put a lot of effort into out of game. I just want to show up and have fun without taking anything too seriously. Need to play on a weeknight.

(yes I saw the other Columbus goon but I haven't heard back from him!)

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Contact Info PM, shiniba at gmail
City/State/Country Louisville, KY, or online.
Do you have a group now? Sort of, we play 13th Age every other Sunday
What are you willing to play? 4E, 13th Age, Dresden Files, Marvel. Emphasis on Dresden Files.

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

nomadotto posted:

Seems like there's a bunch of folks in the Philly area. Shoot me an email at edward (dot) damon at gmails and I'll start doing some organizing!

I just sent you an email to see if you're still organizing something. Anyway, here's my info for anyone else.

Contact Info - PM or I can provide my email.
City/State/Country - Philadelphia/Delco Area
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need) Nope
What are you willing to play: I'm flexible, I have experience mostly with D&D 4th, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, WOD stuff but I'm willing to learn new RPG systems. Also would be interested in board games. I bought Mansions of Madness + the expansion sets and have never even gotten to play them. They just sit there, staring at me.

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."
Contact Info: Check my profile, use the IM systems or website listed.
City/State/Country: Lansdale, PA, USA - Just north of Philadelphia, convenient for driving or public transit.
Do you have a group now: No, and it's been a while since I had one.
What are you willing to play? My wife and I are both role-playing game players. D&D, WoD, Dark Heresy, Exalted, Pathfinder, you name it. We also have Misspent Youth and Shock, and I will be picking up Fiasco in the very near future. Wife isn't much for board games, but I am frothing at the mouth to play Small World, Pandemic, Ticket to Ride, Lords of Waterdeep, and Frag, all of which I own.

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011
Might as well try I guess :v:

User Name: Nanja Monja
Contact Info: PMs or xbl22 AT hotmail
City/State/Country: Stockholm/Sweden
Do you have a group now? Sort of. I've been playing Drakar och Demoner 91 with an open group at a game center in Kungsholmen, but while I'm bored of the system they're all pretty set on continuing to use it.
What are you willing to play? Anything that isn't DoD or Eon. I'd also like to avoid Pathfinder and D&D3.5e, but I can deal with those. I'd love to play D&D4e or Svavelvinter. Board games are fine too.

edit: I'm fluent in both English and Swedish, if that matters!

gdsfjkl fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 15, 2012

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

BlueInkAlchemist posted:

Contact Info: Check my profile, use the IM systems or website listed.
City/State/Country: Lansdale, PA, USA - Just north of Philadelphia, convenient for driving or public transit.
Do you have a group now: No, and it's been a while since I had one.
What are you willing to play? My wife and I are both role-playing game players. D&D, WoD, Dark Heresy, Exalted, Pathfinder, you name it. We also have Misspent Youth and Shock, and I will be picking up Fiasco in the very near future. Wife isn't much for board games, but I am frothing at the mouth to play Small World, Pandemic, Ticket to Ride, Lords of Waterdeep, and Frag, all of which I own.

Facebook message sent, check your weirdo stranger message folder.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

User Name - Shirec
Contact Info - Have PMs, also email at coleshirec at gmail
City/State/Country - Raleigh, NC
Do you have a group now: Nope
What are you willing to play? I have books for 4e D&D and Call of Cthulhu, but am open to most anything

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
Username: Numlock
Contact Info:numlock DOT martianhq AT gmail.com Put something about Houston Gaming in the subject line or I might think its spam and ignore it.
Group: None.
Play: Battletech, Descent Journeys in the Dark, Various wargames and board games. Willing to try any RPG.

I really, seriously, would like to get a Battletech and/or Descent group going. Those games (and similar) really hit the sweet spot for the type of Game I like to play. Or at least I think they do because I've had a hell of a time finding anybody else to play with.

The one battletech group I know of in Houston didn't seem that friendly to both outsiders and new players, and most of the board gamer I know are only interested in Worker placement/ Euro games.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Contact Info - Pms, have skype as well.
City/State/Country - Redditch, England.
Do you have a group now? Nope.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? Exalted and nWOD, mostly. Also like 4th Ed. Up for trying most things though.

Scrape
Apr 10, 2007

i've been sharpening a knife in the bathroom.
Well, this is worth a shot, I suppose

Username: Scrape

Contact Info: you can PM me on the forums and I will give you my email.

City/State/Country: Northampton (Western Mass), Massachusetts, USA

Do you have a group now? Yes, a regular Monday night crew that rotates Legend of the 5 Rings, Call of Cthulhu, Dungeon World, and previously Pathfinder (ugh). We have a blast but it's based on compromise- there is a definite rift in the group in terms of how storygamey some of us will get. Not storygamey enough for me.

What I'm hoping for is to join an established group that doesn't meet on Mondays, or find enough people to start an ideally biweekly indie games group. I'm a cool guy, very casual, and the type of dude who understands that Real Life Circumstane trumps elfgames, always and forever. That said, I take my hobby pretty seriously and I love playing. Also, I have a house and can host games, no problem, and I also have a car and am willing to travel up to 30-40 minutes for a good group that fits my Swiney style.

What are you willing to play? I have sworn off D&D and Pathfinder, so none of that please. My favorite and most familiar games are Apocalypse World, CoC, Dungeon World, L5R, but I am interested in trying ANY character-driven storygames with unique mechanics or settings.

I also own, have read, and am DYING to finally play the following games that I'm having trouble pitching to my group: Unknown Armies, FATE (please help me finally play this!!!), Dresden Files, Don't Rest Your Head, Dogs in the Vineyard, InSpectres, Fiasco, A Dirty World,

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Username: Ryoshi
Contact Info:PM me
Group: None, might have a few friends interested
Play: D&D (willing to try any ed, but have a metric buttload of 4E books that need some love), nWoD (Hunter or Mage ideally), holy poo poo there's a Dresden Files RPG?, board games, heck I could probably even try to whip up a 40K army again.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Might as well add myself to this so I can get a game in more often:

User Name - Thiswayliesmadness
Contact Info - PM's or the_modern_knight at hotmail
City/State/Country - Toronto, Ontario (Etobicoke technically, right by Missisauga)
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? - Don't really have a group. Just a buddy or two I get the odd game in with.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? - Warhammer 40k (though I haven't played 6th ed yet), Malifaux. I'd be willing to give an RPG group a go as I used to play D&D 1-3.5, Rifts, and a few others back in the day but my work schedule can be a little random. This kind of puts a damper on continuing campaigns, but one shots/board games/ tabletop wargaming or most things that get wrapped up in one session I'd give a go!

sexart
Jan 5, 2001

Damn...I know alotta big words
User Name - sexart
Contact Info - skype: sidereal_time or email chrispersaud at gmail
City/State/Country - Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Do you have a group now? Alas, no. Everyone has moved on.
What are you willing to play? I will play nearly anything. I am painting up a WH40K army (but have not played a game yet), I really like pen and paper RPGs but haven't played in years and love learning new games. I have a small board game collection with stuff like Arkham Horror as well.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
Erased! From the internet!!

LogicNinja fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 4, 2022

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

User Name Leperflesh
Contact Info PMs, or email me at my user name at gmail dot com
City/State/Country Concord, CA (San Francisco Bay Area - East Bay)
Do you have a group now Me and one other goon
What are you playing/willing to play? I've been playing Warhammer Fantasy (tabletop battle, not the RPG) with another goon and I'd love to get some games in with someone else too. I have a garage and gaming space, or we can go to nearby stores that host gaming, or your place is good too. Also, I want to play Battletech (I can supply all the equipment/rules/minis/etc.) and board games (especially the ones that take a while, like twilight imperium, conan, but also casual/shorter games too, like robo rally, citadels, or... sigh, OK, Settlers.)

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 15, 2012

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

User Name - Monochrome
Contact Info - PM is best.
City/State/Country - Boston, MA
Do you have a group now? I don't! I know some people that play but it's hardly regular or local.
What are you willing to play? I've played a lot of Shadowrun and 7th Sea and heartily enjoy both. I'd be up for 4E or Star Wars Saga, but I'm willing to give most anything a try with a preference for modern or sci-fi settings over kitchen sink fantasy. I'm not really interested in Pathfinder. I also have a decent board game selection including Seven Wonders, Galaxy Trucker, Space Alert, and Dungeon Lords.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

User Name - Paper Lion
Contact Info - I have skype info in my profile, or you can email me at PaperLion at hotmail dot com
City/State/Country - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? No group right now :(
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? I'll play pretty much anything really. Wargaming has always interested me but gently caress painting little plastic men, that part of the hobby isn't my thing. I've got a lot of history with D&D and some other variants but am willing to try pretty much anything from rules heavy systems and dungeon crawls to storygaming and everything in between. gently caress LARPing.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
User Name - Humbug Scoolbus
Contact Info - PM for info
City/State/Country - Berkeley CA/East Bay
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? Yes and it's mainly Bay Area Gooooons. But we are always looking for players.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? I'm currently running Shadowrun 3e but mllaneza is making noises about running FATE.

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 16, 2012

Footsteps Falco
Oct 16, 2010

Sir French Fry
User Name - Footsteps Falco
Contact Info - PM for info
City/State/Country - Rockville, MD, USA
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? No, never really done this before.
What are you willing to play? I've been bitten by the tabletop bug I think. I'm really interested in a few newer games I supported in kickstarter: The Last Stand and/or Dungeon World. I'm open to others I think.

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.
User Name - DapperDuck
Contact Info - forum PMs or I can hop on IRC to personally give my email
City/State/Country - Warren, MI (east of Detroit)
Do you have a group now? - Nope, looking to be a player, could bring along my significant other if needed
What are you willing to play? - Anything really, as long as its fun. D&D 4e is what I'm accustomed to, but I'm not opposed to learning new systems and/or playing board games.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Contact info: PM

City/State: Montgomery/Alabama

Group: currently have none

Looking for: Any fantasy game or sci fi. I like groups that maybe change up games every few months, but a single campaign is fine too. I verbally play a pretty simple character class like a fighter or thief, or a skill class like a diplomat or bard.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

angel opportunity fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 11, 2014

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I gamed with a goon once and it went poorly. I guess I am a glutton for punishment.

User Name - the Dregs
Contact Info - PM me here, or you can email me popslackjaw on the gmail
City/State/Country - Marietta (North Atlanta burbs)
Do you have a group now - No group currently. I haven't played in about 2 years. Took time off to be a dad.
What are you willing to play-Pretty much open. I have gamed off and on for 20 years. I can DM as well. My favorite game is probably Shadowrun. I have always been interested in playing a Supers game, but I have never found a group. Plan old AD&D is fine. If I don't have books for whatever is being played, I'll get 'em.

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Aug 22, 2012

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Username - Echophonic
Contact Info - PMs or email/AIM is in my profile.
Area - Wilmington, DE by the PA state line.
Current Group - I have a group that plays on alternate Sundays. We were doing weekly 4e, but that turned into alternating Pathfinder and 4e, so I'm only in on the 4e weeks.
Games - I'm pretty flexible and have a pretty robust collection of games. I tend to go for games with a bit more focus on that shared narrative idea and would LOVE to try Apocalypse World. I'm pretty well willing to give most games a shot and really dig learning new systems. I'm still new to the GMing thing, but it's pretty fun.

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.
User Name - Synonymous
Contact Info - PMs are preferred, but failing that my email address is synonymoussa at gmail
City/State/Country - Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Do you have a group now? - Kind of. I think I'm going to be kicked out of my one as one of the players is my ex. Here's hoping I stay though, and if so I think they have 5 (but I can't really invite newcomers)
What are you willing to play? - Absolutely anything! I would really like to continue playing Call of Cthulu, though am also interested in Dark Heresy/any W40K RPGs and D&D 4th ed. I am up for anything though, I only just got introduced to the PnP world and I'm hooked.

Synonymous fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Aug 22, 2012

ScreamingNinja
Oct 2, 2004
An Awesome Dude
User Name - Screamingninja
Contact Info - No pm yet but my gmail is ohgodpleasekillme@gmail.com
City/State/Country - nassau county, long island, NY

no group would like to find one. I haven't ever played a tabletop RPG like dungeons and dragons but would be willing to learn. Mostly I've played board games both tradition (monopoly, magic) and non (settlers, betrayal at the house on the hill, etc)

Only request, no smelly people.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Contact info: steam/skype/aim roxormancer. I'm always signed in with those three things.
Location: Wilmot, Ohio (near Massillon) but I'm willing to drive since I'm in the boonies.
I don't have anyone to play games with since I've lost the people I used to play with to families or League of Legends. I'll learn any rpg system but right now all I know is D&D 3.5. I'm big into board games and will play any that you sit in front of me. I also play Warmachine/Hordes so I'm always down for a game of that. It's a long shot that there's any goons in my area but why not post?

ParadoxEngima
Mar 16, 2012
User Name - Paradoxengima
Contact Info - Fourms
City/State/Country - New York City
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? Solo
What are you willing to play? WH40k, D&D 2-4ed, any thing really I love Pen and Paper games

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

User Name- Smoking Crow

Contact info- PM me or email me at GrizzlyCanon AT gmail.com

City- Columbus, Ohio (OSU)

Do you have a group now?- I've never played a tabletop game in my life, but I'm looking to get into the hobby.

What are you willing to play?- Whatever you are, man. I'm chill like that.

Erberus
Mar 30, 2010
User Name - Erberus

Contact info - Email: istiangoss@gmail.com

City - (Central) London, UK

Do you have a group now? - No

What are you willing to play? - RPGs. I'm open to anything really since I have no experience. However most interested in D&D4ed, WH40K or WHFRP. Suggestions for good public groups to join also welcome.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

User Name: GrandpaPants
Contact Info: Email rpgspiff(at)gmail.com
City: Bay Area, CA (I live in South SF but that's not a real place where people go to have fun). More likely to travel somewhere along a BART line.
Do you have a group now?: I have a boardgame group, but I've been wanting to get back into tabletop games for a while.
What are you willing to play?: Boardgames, D&D 4e, Trail of Cthulhu, 13th Age, GURPS, miscellany. I suck at DMing but I will if I need to.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Contact info: http://steamcommunity.com/id/zero_star is the easiest way to reach me. If you don't have Steam, I also accept forum PMs.
City: London, UK
Do you have a group now?: Nope.
What are you willing to play?: GURPS mainly. I've started reading up on it recently and I'm curious to see if I actually like playing it or not.

Zero Star fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
Contact Info - Forum PM or e-mail, zerodotjander@gmail.com
City/State/Country - Santa Monica, CA
Do you have a group now? - Nope
What are you willing to play? - Would prefer D&D 4e or Pathfinder, but I'm up for anything.