Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Username: Shockeh
Contact Info: PM
Do you have a group now? Not IRL.

What are you willing to play? I’ve posted before, but Brissy seems to be a stranglehold of (boring) murderhobo simulator, paired with all The Bad Tropes. I pretty much want anything not that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Username: Verisimilidude
Contact Info: PM, Discord John Miles#2062
Do you have a group now? Running another game but we're full.

What are you willing to play? Anything not 5e.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
Username: Janitor Ludwich IV
Contact Info: Discord horrible monster#6874
Do you have a group now? No

What are you willing to play?
Prefer 5e as have experience as DM and player but open to learning other rulesets. Would like to check out Paranoia for example.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Username: El Generico
Contact Info: Discord Humanesque#5826
Do you have a group now? Kinda, it's bi-weekly though

What are you willing to play?
I would be down to play anything, but especially Blades in the Dark. Warning in advance, my sleep schedule goes all over the place so the schedule might go to poo poo. Sorry.

El Generico fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 23, 2021

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Username: SirFozzie
Contact Info: PM, Discord:SirFozzie#5122
Do you have a group: No :(
What are you willing to play: Most systems, would prefer Pathfinder 2nd, D&D5E, Shadowrun, etcetera.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Username: Pablo Nergigante
Contact info: PM
Do you have a group: Nope, nothing right now
What are you looking to play: Looking to join a group doing D&D 3.5, 5e or Pathfinder 1e. I work a regular 9 to 5 so I’m generally free evenings and weekends, haven’t played since before Covid so I’d love to get in with a good group :)

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Username: FutonForensic
Contact Info: Discord (futonforensic#3447)
What are you looking to play: D&D 5E's all I got experience with

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Username: Pablo Nergigante
Contact info: PM
Do you have a group: Nope, nothing right now
What are you looking to play: Looking to join a group doing D&D 3.5, 5e or Pathfinder 1e. I work a regular 9 to 5 so I’m generally free evenings and weekends, haven’t played since before Covid so I’d love to get in with a good group :)

PM me.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Username: GreenMarine
Contact Info: Discord (DeadMoneyDuke#2898)
What are you looking to play: GMT Wargames, FF LCGs, Call of Cthulhu, AoS, 40K

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

Username: ape!!!
Contact Info: PM me
What are you looking to play: Frostgrave, Stargrave, Gaslands, Last Days Zombie Apocalypse, Zona Alfa (I guess any minis agnostic game TBH), Fallout Wasteland Warfare

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
User Name - OAquinas
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - West Palm Beach, FL
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? No
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? Up for anything; pnp, board games, card games.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Username: Flakey
Contact Info: PM me
Do you have a group now: No
What are you looking to play: Burning Wheel. Would prefer to play but will run if necessary.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

User Name - Gangringo
Contact Info - PM me
City/State/Country - Sacramento CA USA
What are you willing to play? 5E is what I have the most recent experience and material for.

I played a bit of 3.5 and Shadow run years and years ago, but after getting into various streamed games during the quarantine I feel the itch again.

I understand that you aren't Matt Mercer and this isn't your job. I just want to have a little nerdy fun.

IrishWolfMan
Apr 21, 2002

Few have looked upon the face of Liface and lived.
User Name - IrishWolfMan
Contact Info - Discord HunkRockFist#6924
City/State/Country - Moorpark CA USA
What are you willing to play? 5E (I'm a newbie, but I want to play/learn. Be gentle.)

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

User Name - The Midniter
Contact Info - PMs
City/State/Country - Asheville NC area
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? No
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? D&D any edition, Shadowrun, anything really. Been 20+ years since I've played a trad RPG

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I'm looking for players for an old-school D&D campaign. We'll be using Old-School Essentials (basically 1e D&D), which is surprisingly easier and faster to play than modern D&D.

The group will meet bi-weekly, preferably weeknights (any day except Wednesday) between 6:30PM and 9:30PM, though specific time is flexible.

You can feel free to check out the campaign abstract here for details on what kind of game it will be, what classes are available, the story, etc. If you're interested, feel free to PM me here or on Discord @ buttcheeksio#2062.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Looking for a game of Shadowrun

I've been playing in and running RPGs almost constantly for 30 years and I'd love to dive back into SR as a player, if someone has a game open or starting. I'm happy to do PbP, Discord, whatever VTT, carrier pigeons, however else so long as we're having a good time. Whether we're talking mirror shades or pink mowhawk, I'm down for a good story.

Available most Weeknights (PST) and during the day on weekends. Hit me up via PM here on the forums

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

User Name - KillerQueen
Contact Info - PMs, Discord ChicagoRot#5345
City/State/Country - Chicago babyyyyy
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? I do not
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? Pretty much anything tbh, I have a (very) slight preference of fantasy over scifi.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Removed

Fat_Cow fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 18, 2022

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

This feels like an insanely long shot given where I live but why not

Username: multijoe
Contact info: PMs, Discord multijoe#4688
Group: Nope
What am I willing to play? I've played 5E before and would like to try Pathfinder 2E, but if there's an open group running in the area I'll try anything short of FATAL

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
User Name - Jcam
Contact Info - PM's are fine!
City/State/Country - Ottawa, ON, Canada.
Do you have a group now? I sort of do (only board games), but I'd like to meet more people and play more!
What are you willing to play? I'm mostly looking for more pals to play board games with as I buy way too many, but I could also be persuaded to DM or play in a 5th Ed D&D game if the conditions were right.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
User Name - Gin_Rummy
Contact Info - Discord Lionel Hutz#9862
City/State/Country - US
Do you have a group now? No, just me. Looking for GMs running PBP
What are you willing to play? Mostly interested in narrative/RP heavy PBP. Flexible on setting (though not super into fantasy and would really like a Star Wars campaign). Ok with running simple systems, though prefer anything that does not emphasize the dice rolls/numbers as much. Somewhat experienced with GURPS.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

User Name - Nehru the Damaja
Contact - PM me here or discord it's shoe #0844
Location - Denver, CO, US
Do you have a group now? Not for what I'm looking for.
What are you willing to play? Please give me something that isn't D&D, man. I'm dying out here. (Local games please. Not looking for remote at the moment. Vaxed and masked where necessary.)

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Aug 13, 2021

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

User Name - GreenBuckanneer
Contact - PM or Discord Gvaz#8737
Location - Maine
Do you have a group now? I do not.
What are you willing to play? D&D, Pathfinder, other niche D&D-style stuff (A Song of Ice and Fire, Dragon Age, Star Wars, Cyberpunk RED, etc). Willing to do in person stuff if you are also vaxxed and masked.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

User Name - Wrr
Contact - PM
Location - South Bay SF, CA
Do you have a group now? Sorta, but its long-time friends and only partially for games. So, no.
What are you willing to play? Shadowrun, Blades in the Dark, ApocWorld, Monster of the Week etc. Mostly, I really want to try out infinity or Zona Alfa. I just got figures all painted and ithchin to go. I'm fully vaxxed and masked baby :wink:

Jazz Marimba
Jan 4, 2012

User Name - Jazz Marimba
Contact - PM or Discord truoc#1864
Location - NYC
Do you have a group now? no :(
What are you willing to play? D&D/Dungeonworld/etc., assorted board games, whatevs

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Tried this before a long time ago, and got no response. Trying again just because.

I regularly played in and ran games for most of my life. In 2012, when I was in grad school, I had this idea about participatory fiction and making a podcast using pen and paper rpgs to facilitate this.
My then wife did everything in her power to get me to not do this, then in 2014 she got a job in Indiana and moved me and my child away from where we’d spent most of our lives and my gaming group.
I did nothing about finding a new group here because we were only supposed to be in Indiana a year… that year turned into 5 and now I’m divorced and stuck here—sharing custody.

Anyway… I recently realized it’s been 7 years since I’ve been in a game, and I have no idea why other than I really haven’t made any friends here who game.

Username: ZombieLenin
Contact info: PM works
Group: No. I’ve been trying to get people from my own group to do a virtual game, but it’s like shoveling flees across a barn. I am not optimistic.

What am I willing to play?

I would be totally content to either play, or run, games. I am willing to play any genre or game system. I own the books for dozens of systems, and am roughly familiar with most of the ones I own; however, if I am going to run a game, I recently picked up a bunch of Free League’s games (Alien RPG and Coriolis), which is what I was trying to run virtually. So I would still like to run a game using the Heroes system in my version of one of those worlds.

I have a thing for Eclipse Phase, but nobody ever seems to want to play this.

I could also run Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and any of the 40k RPGs.

I am willing to run other games too, really anything, but the above is what I am most prepared to run right this second.

All of that said, like I said earlier, I am perfectly content to just play in any type of game. I will have just as much fun and it’s a lot less work. :mmmhmm:

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Oct 12, 2021

zXzC0C0zXz
Dec 18, 2019
User Name - Coco
Contact Info - Discord coco#8545
City/State/Country New Hampshire Seacoast
Do you have a group? now I do not
What are you willing to play? MTG, D&D, board games really anything.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

multijoe posted:

This feels like an insanely long shot given where I live but why not

Username: multijoe
Contact info: PMs, Discord multijoe#4688
Group: Nope
What am I willing to play? I've played 5E before and would like to try Pathfinder 2E, but if there's an open group running in the area I'll try anything short of FATAL

Maybe we should try for a UK/EU Discord group of Goons that want to play, might have to compromise what we play. But at least there's be something.

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties

jarlywarly posted:

Maybe we should try for a UK/EU Discord group of Goons that want to play, might have to compromise what we play. But at least there's be something.

I'd be interested in that!

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

by.a.teammate posted:

Hello, i am a Euro goon who would also be interested in this.

Might as well do this as well:

User Name - Gejnor
Contact Info - DiscordGejnor#3495 You can also PM me!
City/State/Country - Sweden, GMT +1
Do you have a group now: Yes, a discord group every Thursday, but i lust for more roleplaying!
What are you willing to play ? D&D5e, Shadow of the Demon Lord, Vampire the Masquerade V5, Lancer, Strike!

Willing to try other systems, but the above are the ones i have a particular like for.

Prefer tactical games with actual maps over theater of the mind for combat in games but i also like stories and roleplaying.

Preferably using Discord with Roll20 or Foundry.

My only limitation is that Thursdays are already taken by the aforementioned group, right now i have a lot of free time so evenings and weekends should be fine.

I should specify i'm not a GM/DM/Storyteller, just out to play really.

Gejnor fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Oct 31, 2021

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

by.a.teammate posted:

Same, would be neat to play with some same-ish timezone players.

User Name - Blooming Brilliant
Contact - Discord, although would prefer to be PM'ed for Discord details
Country - United Kingdom, GMT
Do you have a group now? - Several, but I'm DM'ing them all and they're at capacity.
What are you willing to play? - D&D5E preferably, although would be willing to try out some other games. Would have a strong preference for something Fantasy or Sci-Fi.

I was DM'ing online for some on-and-off groups prior to Covid, but during Lockdown I was basically flooded by IRL mutuals wanting me to DM because I knew how to run games online.

Don't get me wrong, it was incredibly fun, but DM burnout gets to me every now-and-then these days.

I would have an extremely strong preference for being a player, but if a UK/EU group gets organised and it needed a DM, I'd be down for it.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 4, 2021

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

jarlywarly posted:

We are currently 3 euro goons on discord looking for more people!

https://discord.gg/tnVdk7Dm Is the link, it'll last for 7 days.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Gejnor posted:

We are currently 3 euro goons on discord looking for more people!

https://discord.gg/tnVdk7Dm Is the link, it'll last for 7 days.

Neato, I'm in as well.

User Name - Drone
Contact - Discord, forumsname#1749
Country - Germany, CET
Do you have a group now? - Yes, I GM a semi-regular-ish Sunday game of Delta Green for some friends from another Discord.
What are you willing to play? - D&D 5e, Dungeon Crawl Classics*, FFG Star Wars, Star Trek Adventures, Call of Cthulhu/Delta Green, Stars Without Number*. Games marked with a * are ones that I have never played but would like to try.

I'm really open to play most anything at least on a trial basis, but the ones listed above are the ones that I've either played extensively (Star Wars), ones that I've played a couple times and would like to play more of (specifically 5e, my experience with that system is teeny tiny), or ones that I have never played but have always had an interest in (DCC, SWN). PBTA is fine and I'm up for it but I tend to run out of enthusiasm for those games after a few sessions.

I'm mostly a perma-GM and so would really like to take on the role of a 'regular' player for a change.

My schedule is largely open with that aforementioned Delta Green game being my only real blocker on semi-regular Sundays. Fridays/Saturdays are obviously the best choice but depending on time of day and duration I could maybe swing a weeknight game.

Drone fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 9, 2021

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'll take that opportunity.

User Name - My Lovely Horse
Contact - PMs. I'll try to remember to get on the discord and will update w/ name if I do.
Country - Germany, CET
Do you have a group now? - Yes, but fairly irregularly. I DM D&D 4E every few weeks on Saturdays.
What are you willing to play? - D&D 4E and 13th Age are my mains, haven't ventured very far beyond those but I'm willing to try most anything else (though not particularly keen on the other D&D editions). Generally I'm more into rules supporting gameplay than freeform, and more into characters, themes and plot twists than consistent worldbuilding or simulation.

I've only been the DM for my group(s) for the past few years. I wouldn't mind being a player again, but I actually like DMing, too. Fantasy's perfectly fine but I like things getting a lot stranger than Lord of the Rings (the last long-term campaign we played ended up somewhere between Final Fantasy, Michael Moorcock and Grant Morrison, and I don't know if I could pull that off again), but I'll take anything in the usual suspects of genres.

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

User Name - pissinthewind
Contact - Discord: paperspoon#0940
Country - USA, PNW
Do you have a group now? - No, and Covid seems to have destroyed the local groups.
What are you willing to play? - Pretty much anything!

I'm a new player aside from board games when I get the chance, I'd love to get some wargames in, some tabletop RPGs and more board game opportunities!

Torches Upon Stars
Jan 17, 2015

The future is bright.
User Name - Iron Heart
Contact Info - Try any of these on Discord (the identifier being 1301 for each): Firebreak (whee/whim/wish) / Lorna Mage-Iron (she/her/her) / Ralsei (he/him/his) / Celestia (ray/rain/roots) / Zephyr (they/them/their) / Sworn Secret (she/her/her) / Resentment (it/it/its)
City/State/Country - Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Do you have a group now? No.

What are you willing to play? Extensive indie collection, Dungeons & Dragons 3rd edition or 4th edition, PFRPG 1st edition, especially Fellowship. Eager to try CASE&SOUL or Armour Astir.

Torches Upon Stars fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 2, 2022

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

User Name - Cool Dad
Contact - PM me
Country - USA, Durham NC
Do you have a group now? - yes!
What are you willing to play? - my group is mostly me and two other people. We're all experienced RPG nerds who are looking to try out games that have a strong narrative focus. We all have a background with world of darkness stuff. I'm personally a big fan of Unknown Armies, Chronicles of Darkness stuff, PbtA, but we're pretty open to try whatever someone cares to pitch.

We want one or two more people who are into the same stuff. We usually meet on Wednesdays in person in Durham, although we're pretty flexible. We're all vaxxed as hell and you should be too. We don't usually mask while we're playing but we're not against it.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

User Name - deathbagel
Contact - PMs here, email at andyooa@hotmail.com, discord as Deathbagel#7294
Country - USA, Reno Nevada, Pacific Time Zone
Availability - I work Mon-Fri 8 am to 6 pm and can play any time outside of those hours
What are you willing to play? I am looking for a fun hexcrawl/exploration/sandbox/open world type game in any setting. I started back in 1st ed D&D and have played every edition of that since, I've also played numerous other games/systems including but not limited to: Palladium Fantasy/RIFTS/BTS/Robotech/TMNT/Etc., GURPS, Vampire the Masquerade, Call of Cthulhu, Pathfinder 1e, Mutants and Masterminds, Cyberpunk 2020, Burning Wheel, Warhammer Fantasy Role Playing, the 40k FFG games, Star Wars (the old d6 one and the new d20 one) and many others. If I haven't played it, I can very likely learn it quickly! My favorite games of all time have been in RIFTS, Call of Cthulhu and way back in D&D 2nd ed, but I'm open to new games as well.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008
User Name - OutsideAngel
Contact - outsideangelx@gmail.com
Location - Honolulu, Hawaii
Current Group? Yes, but one of the players is having a baby so we will soon have an empty seat
Day/Time - Thursday evening, currently
What are you playing? We rotate games frequently. Currently playing LANCER, previously Star Wars, GUMSHOE, Dogs in the Vineyard, World Wide Wrestling, Fiasco, some Harry Potter-knockoff, Microscope, and a surprisingly long bout of MFZ: Firebrands, among others. We like to try different things.