Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

User Name - Humbug Scoolbus
Contact Info - PM for info
City/State/Country - Berkeley CA/East Bay
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? Yes and it's mainly Bay Area Gooooons. But we are always looking for players.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? I'm currently running Shadowrun 3e but mllaneza is making noises about running FATE.

User Name - aldantefax
Contact Info - usual methods, btcostales, g male, etc.
City/State/Country - Alameda, CA / SF East Bay
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? Currently Humbug Scoolbus, myself, and a few other people. If everybody shows up, we have 6 people total, it may go up over time.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? Mostly tired of d20-type stuff, but Iron Kingdoms, Dungeon World, and other fantastic games are right around the corner! I also happen to have like 3 books of Legend of the Wulin, just sayin'.

Labor Day weekend I will actually be cleaning out my garage and turning it into entertainment/living space for nerds, a veritable GAMING FORTRESS. It will be able to hold a lot of neckbeards! If you want to hang out and drink tea that is cool too I guess since I have a lot of it.

edit: We currently play on Saturdays from 12 - 5pm if we have 3 or more players, Humbug is running Shadowrun 3, we are pretty flexible with other stuff.

aldantefax fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 30, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snuggleshrub
Jul 2, 2010
User Name - Derenge
Contact Info - derenge@gmail.com
City/State/Country - Lexington, Kentucky area.
Do you have a group now - no current group
What are you willing to play: I am most interested in Dungeons and Dragons 4th or 3.5 because they are what I know the most about, but am open to other games.

Additional info: I am not an experienced pen and paper rpg player and am looking to get into the hobby. I'm interested in trying just about any of the major pen and paper games.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Holy crap, was surprised to see all of the Philly people in here. I just emailed Nomadatto if he is still organizing, but here is my info:

User Name - nesbit37
Contact Info - PMs are good, otherwise send me an email at username at yahoo
City/State/Country - Philadelphia, live and work in Center City
Do you have a group now - Yes but they are 10 years older than me and we are lucky to get together once every 2 months.
What are you willing to play: I have been really pumped for RPGs since getting back from Gencon. D&D is always good (been playing for over 20 years) and I was recently exposed to the FATE system with Bulldogs which was quite fun. I also love miniatures and have several armies for GWs LOTR skirmish version and Battlefleet Gothic. Boardgames are great to, and I would love to play more Battlestar Galactica, Catan, Carcassonne, etc.

My girlfriend is also into the boardgames, but not so much RPGs, but she would certainly play if possible.

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."

nesbit37 posted:

My girlfriend is also into the boardgames, but not so much RPGs, but she would certainly play if possible.

My wife is pretty much the opposite. She likes RPGs, but finds most board games "boring." :smith:

I should be on that Philly list, if I'm not already.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
That is a shame, though I must admit I found boardgames pretty boring as well when all I knew were games like Monopoly and Life. I don't know if that is her situation or not. Also, with my girlfriend and RPGs, she has actually never played one but they don't sound to her like something she would get or enjoy. I would love to get her to at least try a one off game sometime just to find out for certain.

Phanos
Jul 24, 2006
So who made the sandwiches?
User Name - phanos
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Honolulu, HI
Do you have a group now - Play Mutants and Masterminds Monday nights but I'm looking for RPG group that possibly plays on the weekends.
What are you willing to play? - Anything. Most familiar with 3.5/Pathfinder and a little 4E. I wouldn't mind playing something a bit less tactical/rules heavy though.

Squig
Dec 6, 2011
Contact Info - A PM is fine, but I'd prefer you skype me. Username: Jewfrothegreat
City/State/Country - Chicago, IL, USA
Do you have a group now? God no. I'm looking for one hardcore
What are you willing to play? I'm familiar with D&D 3.5 and 4e as well as Star Wars Saga Edition, but I'm willing to learn anything. I can GM too.

Varsity
Jun 4, 2006

Contact Info - PM is preferred, or thewalkingbread @ gmail.com
City/State/Country - Pensacola, Florida
Do you have a group now? Nope
What are you willing to play? Most anything, I have a little DnD experience under my belt, but nothing extensive.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Contact Info - I have PM's, you can also contact me on AIM @ bowmore222
City/State/Country - Newcastle, NSW, Australia

I don't have a group at the moment and I'm willing to play or DM almost anything.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Contact Info: PM or Skype. My Skype name is sirphoebos
Do you have a group now: No, but I know a few friends who may be interested.
What are you willing to play: I am willing to try anything (within reason, of course). Systems that I have experience with are the WH40K RPGs, D&D 3.5/4, and L5R. I have an old L5R campaign/adventure box set that I've converted to the current edition which I'm eager to GM.

One caveat: I'm going to begin studying for my fourth CPA test in a month, which will limit my availability to role-play. I should be finished with it by Christmas, so if you don't mind doing the pre-planning bits or doing a short campaign first, I could do that in the mean time.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Contact Info - PM is preferred, or my UN @gmail.com
City/State/Country - Birmingham, AL
What are you willing to play? DnD, Pathfinder, Shadowrun

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Contact Info: logzero82 at gmail
Do you have a group now: No
What are you willing to play: Pretty much anything, but I have experience with DnD 4e and Paranoia, plus I own a copy of the Dresden Files RPG that I would really like to actually PLAY at some point. I also own a few board games.

I know there were a bunch of people in Philly posting here earlier, so let me know if you want to get anything organized!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Contact Info: PMs or curranle at gmail
Do you have a group now:Yes
What are you willing to play: We have a Dark Sun and another D&D 4e game going on alternate weeks. We could use one or more additional players!

Red Shoe fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 4, 2012

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Contact Info: PMs preferably, but failing that Skype (scrathach) will do.
Have A Current Group? No.
What are you willing to play? D&D (4e ideally), Pathfinder or World of Darkness.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Contact Info - I have platinum, so you can PM me.
City/State/Country - Albuquerque NM, (willing to travel as far as Santa Fe)
Do you have a group now - Nope!
What are you willing to play ? I've only done one Roguetrader campaign when talking RPGs, but I am well versed in how to play them and I play a shitload of board games. If anything is going on around town let me know.

Tevye317
Feb 16, 2012
Contact Info - skype (tevye317) or email dulrog(at)gmail(dot)com
City/State/Country - Matthews (Charlotte metro area), NC, USA
Do you have a group now - Nope
What are you willing to play ? - DnD 4e

Rockker
Nov 17, 2010

Contact Info - PM preferred, can do email after first contact
City/State/Country - Danbury / Bethel area, CT
Do you have a group now - No, recently moved into the area, looking for group
What are you willing to play? - Magic: The Gathering (Standard, Legacy, Cube, or Commander), Board Games (Euros, something like Arkham Horror, Eclipse, Runebound, etc...all types really. But not really into RPGs)

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Contact Info - PM or e-mail in profile

City/State/Country - Southern Maryland

Do you have a group now - We have a group of about 3-4 people and are looking for a few more. Our first game will be this Friday in Waldorf.

What are you willing to play - Currently, the plan is to play a bunch of one-shots and decide on what people like. This Friday we'll be playing Exalted, but Pathfinder, Paranoia, Call of Cthulhu, and Werewolf have also been discussed. A board game night is also planned for sometime in the future.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
User Name - VendaGoat
Contact Info - PM me here.
City/State/Country - Pittsburgh, PA
What are you willing to play: I've played all sorts of things. Right now, I'm looking for a warhammer 40k game, without pedantic sperglords.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

User Name - Bad Munki
Contact Info - PM here, or gshort2@gmail.com (google talk, email, whatever)
City/State/Country - Erie, PA (technically Harborcreek, but I'll go anywhere in the Erie area)
Do you have a group right now? Not really.
What are you willing to play? D&D 2e through 4e or whatever, Pathfinder, I don't really care, anything in that family. Looking for less RP and more bullshitting, with some story and dungeons. And dragons. I can host if needed.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Sep 21, 2012

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
User Name - PotatoManJack
Contact Info - PM here, potatomanjack79.at.yahoo.com
City/State/Country - Sydney, NSW, Australia
Do you have a group right now? No, haven't actually done live gaming in quite some time,
What are you willing to play? Anything really. I haven't really done much live gaming for a long time, but am looking to get back into it. Iused to play AD&D back in the day, but will probably need a little patience as will be learning this stuff again. Board and card games are also great (just picked up Talisman 4e and am raring to go). Most important thing to me is a chill group of people who are fun to hang out with.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
User Name - Captain Walker
Contact Info - PMs; pika132@gmail.com; Skype (dead_paragon)
City/State/Country - Thousand Oaks/northern LA County, CA, USA
Do you have a group right now? I'm playing in one IRL game or Saturdayss and DMing a a PbP but I'd like to start a Sunday thing. This is my idea of making friends :saddowns:
What are you willing to play? I was introduced to D&D through the version that was most video-gamey, and as such I am of the opinion that 4e is pretty much the greatest tactical combat sim ever. I'd play pretty much anything but when it comes down to it, I prefer more rules and tighter conflict resolution, with strong RP a secondary concern (but still a concern). Also I'm poor ATM so minis and battle mats are hard to afford, though I'll gladly host.
Special notes - If no one else wants to run I will probably start either a Gamma World game or a 4e game that's houseruled to be as silly and anarchic as Gamma World. I have a couple interested IRL players from meetp and I am hoping for 3-4 more people.

GEExCEE
Sep 19, 2012

User Name - GEExCEE
Contact Info - Just PM me!
City/State/Country - Park Slope/NYC
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)?
Nope! Newbie gamer seeks group of regular bathers to get inebriated and slay kobolds with. My girlfriend may also be interested.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)?
I like most fantasy settings but would be willing to try anything really, including card and board games. D&D would be fine I guess, but I find the complexity of the rules a bit of a turn-off. I've been looking at Dungeon World a lot recently and it seems pretty fun.

Caecitas
Sep 23, 2012

Dare ye pick the wizard?
User Name - Caecitas

Contact Info - Best to PM me via the forum.

City/State/Country - UK, Kent.

Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? - Table group for Wednesdays and Fridays. Looking to form a skype group also (so non-Uk Goons, get in touch).

What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)?

As the GM, the list is as follows
L5R(4th)
Dark Heresy (Rogue Trader/Deathwatch/Black Crusade/Only War (beta))
Mutants and Masterminds (2nd)
Godlike
Wild Talents
Pathfinder
Call of cthulhu (The Laundry - CoC game, think Delta green with an English dark comedy twist)
Traveller (Mongoose latest, along with a Judge Dredd RPG ive been dying to run online)
Shadowrun (4th)
Warhammer fantasy (2nd)

Currently Only war is played at the table Fridays, while Wednesdays is L5R.

Caecitas fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 24, 2012

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?
Frustrated that there is a VIC goon in here! I'm from Melbourne and now I live in rugged Western Australia so I expect no joy, but here goes nothing!

User Name - J Bjelke-Postersen

Contact Info - PM me!

City/State/Country - Perth, Western Australia.

Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? - No group.

What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? - Games. Really want to play the new Iron Kingdoms RPG and I know how to play Warmachine/Hordes. Would get into other games with a group to play with.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
User Name: Paper Kaiju
Contact Info: (user name) at gmail
City/State/Country: Durham, NC, USA
Do you have a group now: Yes, 2 others, looking for 1-2 more.
What are you willing to play: Lotsa stuff, I'm currently most interested in the following -

A Song of Ice and Fire
Ars Magica
Cthulhu Invictus
Dungeon World
In A Wicked Age
Iron Kingdoms
Ironclaw 2e
Legend of the Five Rings 4e
Legends of the Wulin
Mouse Guard
ORE (Reign, Dirty World, Wild Talents, et al.)
Savage Worlds (Necessary Evil, Day After Ragnarok, et al.)
Ubiquity (Hollow Earth, Desolation, et al.)

Greeva
Sep 15, 2012
Username - Greeva
Contact Info - greeva89 at gmail
City/State/Country - Poole/Bournemouth,Dorset,UK
Do you have a group now - Nope!
What are you willing to play ? I've got no traditional gaming background due to not knowing anybody who plays, up for anything that's a laugh though.

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010
User Name - TheMaskedChemist
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Richardson,TX (North Dallas)
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? In the sense that my wife and a are both looking to play, but it's just the two of us and we don't have a place to play at this time.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? d20 stuff mostly. My personal favorites are Pathfinder and Mutants and Masterminds, but I'm always willing to experiment with new systems.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Username: Freudian
Contact info: i(dot)bindley(at)gmail(dot)com
Group: None at the moment

Experience/adaptability: Played 3.5e and Pathfinder before, tried 4e but not really my thing. Rather more enthusiastic about the nWoD stuff. Up for pretty much anything, but freeform seems to be more up my alley than just dice and encounter tables. Send me an email if you know a group!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Just to note, I've moved down to Fair Lakes, Virginia (right next to Fairfax) if anyone in the area is interested in doing something. I have plat so just give me a PM.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Paper Kaiju posted:

Hey, I just sent you an e-mail about this. Not sure if I got the address right, though, on account of the space.

ZZGundam
Mar 20, 2009

J Bjelke-Postersen posted:

Frustrated that there is a VIC goon in here! I'm from Melbourne and now I live in rugged Western Australia so I expect no joy, but here goes nothing!

User Name - J Bjelke-Postersen

Contact Info - PM me!

City/State/Country - Perth, Western Australia.

Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? - No group.

What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? - Games. Really want to play the new Iron Kingdoms RPG and I know how to play Warmachine/Hordes. Would get into other games with a group to play with.

PM Sent.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

User Name - moths
Contact Info - PM me, please
City/State/Country - Lehigh Valley, PA (Allentown area, Eastern PA)
Do you have a group now? - I can scrape some players together, but we're mostly all adults with full time jobs and/or families. Or grognards. So no.
What are you willing to play - I would love to do any of the following:
- play / run 13th Age, 4e, Call of Cthulhu, or (not-creepy) World of Darkness
- learn / play Apocalypse World, Dungeon World, tenebrous, or anything that isn't D20 SRD
- have Malefaux or SAGA explained to me so I can lose a lot
- play some Vampire: the Eternal Struggle or the WoW TCG
- playtest Call of Cthulhu 7e

I bolded V:tES because my most local game store is located in Butztown, PA. If I can secure it as a recognized organized play location I can claim the VEKN title Prince of Butztown which is possibly more rewarding than actually organizing for the game. (And it is the best CCG anyway.)

moths fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jan 8, 2015

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
User Name - GMarshal
Contact Info - GMarshal191919 at gmail
City/State/Country - Philadelphia Pennsylvania USA
Do you have a group now ?- Currently lacking a group
What are you willing to play ? - I'm a huge boardgame/rpg fan, I can DM,GM or play, I can play almost any system, although I'm more familiar with DnD 3.5 and Pathfinder.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Paper Kaiju posted:

What are you willing to play: Lotsa stuff, I'm currently most interested in the following -

A Song of Ice and Fire
Ars Magica
Cthulhu Invictus
Dungeon World
In A Wicked Age
Iron Kingdoms
Ironclaw 2e
Legend of the Five Rings 4e
Legends of the Wulin
Mouse Guard
ORE (Reign, Dirty World, Wild Talents, et al.)
Savage Worlds (Necessary Evil, Day After Ragnarok, et al.)
Ubiquity (Hollow Earth, Desolation, et al.)

Hey Paper Kaiju, I sent you an email, let me know if you still have room

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
User Name - Herr Tog or just Tog
Contact Info - moe . tripping G mail
City/State/Country - Berkeley California
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? I got myself and my friend as definates but he has a friend that is also itching for more. So Me and 1.5 guys
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? Pathfinder, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu or even HUGE board games. Or Magic.

toppro
Jun 19, 2006
My wife and I are looking to put together a new gaming group. I'm primarily a GM but am also willing to be a player if somebody else feels like stepping behind the screen. We have only one rule at our table: "A successful game is one where everybody has fun". If that sounds like a sentiment you can get behind then come play with us. :)

When: Weekends. Every week or every other week depending on what is best for the group.

Games we like to play: Shadowrun, Wild Talents, Eclipse Phase, Monsters and Other Childish Things, A Song of Fire and Ice, and almost any other game out there.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
User Name: OutOfPrint
Contact Info: <SA name>4001(at)gmail
City/State: Philadelphia, PA

Group: Potentially one other, but nothing certain

Games I'd run: I'm a Huge FATE fan, and would love to run Kerberos Club FATE edition. FATE Eberron sounds like a good time, too. I've been dying to run Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies since buying it years ago, too.
Games I'd play: I'd play anything I'd run. Dungeon World sounds awesome, too. I'm a bit tired of D&D, but I'd play 4e with the right group; the same goes for the WoD games. Beyond that, I'm open to suggestions.

Availability: My weekends are wide open right now.

spooky wizard
May 8, 2007

User Name - RoryGilmore
Contact Info - PM, RoryGilmore on Steam, craig-dc on skype.
City/State/Country - Brooklyn, NY (willing to travel anywhere by subway)

Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? No
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? I've played nothing but D&D 3.5, and haven't even played that in around 7 years, so you'd be playing with a complete beginner. I'm mostly willing to play anything fantasy based in terms of tabletop. I guess I'm open to most games!

Availability: Fri/Sat nights, Sun all day.

spooky wizard fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

USer Name - Mllaneza
Contact Info - mike dot llaneza @ gmail dot com
City/State/Country - San Francisco, CA, USA; please be public transit accessible.

Do you have a group now ? Yes, the "Saturday at Humbug's place gang"
What are you willing to play ? Games
What are you willing to run ? My AW Traveller hack. Get with the program.

Availability Not Sundays during football season.