Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
User Name - Pez
Contact Info - PMs or pezfortytwo@gmail.com
City/State/Country - Roanoke Rapids, NC (right off I-95 near the NC/VA border)
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? We have a group right now of 5 that plays every Sunday afternoon, but with various grownup responsibilities we usually play with 4 and sometimes don't even have enough players able to show up to run an RPG so we're looking for a couple more to swell our ranks a little.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? We're currently in Book 2 or 3 of the Pathfinder series Skulls and Shackles, also have played Shadowrun on occasion. Planning to branch out into DnD-like boardgames and card games for the weekends where our DM can't make it for Pathfinder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cargo Culture
Jul 29, 2011

Warning! I am a die-hard Firefly fan, a man-child crybaby with a poorly-rooted decade-long persecution complex.

FOX PLS LET FIREFLY SOAR AGAIN!!!!!!

P.S. ily Joss <3
User Name - Cargo Culture
Contact Info - Forum PM is fine.
City/State/Country - Providence, RI
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? Yes (4 players plus me). Looking for 1 or 2 more.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? Looking for additional players for a new TORG campaign. Newbies welcome.
Special Notes -*deep breath*
We're all pretty easy-going folks, and aren't mouthbreathing neckbeards. We're all adults with jobs and mortgages and that sort of thing.

Now, the obligatory provisos that make me sound like a douchebag:
    * Please no Creepy Gamer of the Year candidates. If you are clean, sober, have a good grasp of hygiene and can carry on normal social interactions without coming off as sketchy or skeevy, then we'd love to have you.
    * Please no 4chan refugees if at all possible, but we could probably make an exception if you're nice enough. Redditors are fine and welcome, as are goons.
    * No smokers, sorry.
    * Please no Captain Know-It-Alls. We're all pretty good at detecting bullshit and waving your figurative dick around and pretending you're hot poo poo will just mean you won't get invited back. There's no need to impress anyone.
    * No grognards who want to piss on [insert game here], or who think [insert game here] is the best ever and no game could possibly be better. You know who you are. I tend to like all games and there's a good chance you'd be pissing on one of the ones I enjoy. Edition warriors can die in a fire.

Now, for the things that make us seem like totally awesome dudes:

* We've been around the block, gaming-wise, but we still like to have fun. We're not a bunch of guys who are set in stone with how and what they like to play.
    * We're social people. We all have activities and stuff outside regular gaming sessions, and we're not afraid of meeting new people.
    * We're not like Francis. We're almost the anti-Francis*.
    * We don't hate games. There are some games some of us don't like, but we don't hate them. I personally like all sorts of things, so your favorite game isn't going to be the subject of ridicule.
    * I have beer.

The aim is to have players that want to have fun, can joke around a bit, but want to actually play rather than sit around and discuss the latest episode of [insert show here]. If you're a player who likes to get engaged with the story and is proactive about stuff, that's awesome and we'd love to have you. That said, no spotlight hogs or drama llamas, please. If you're looking for a hardcore number-crunching grognard session, this likely isn't for you. I guess what I'm saying is that we're shooting for a nice, casual balance of play and banter.

* Yes, I know Francis is a parody.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
User Name - Ozmiander
Contact Info - PM, or email this username at gmail.
City/State/Country - Near Saratoga, NY
Do you have a group now - No
What are you willing to play - All of them.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Ozmiander posted:

User Name - Ozmiander
Contact Info - PM, or email this username at gmail.
City/State/Country - Near Saratoga, NY
Do you have a group now - No
What are you willing to play - All of them.

I'm in Oswego - if we can find someone in Rome or Utica I'd be good driving 1 1/2 hours to game for a few hours. 3 hours would be pushing it though.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Cargo Culture posted:

Special Notes -*deep breath*
[I am a] We're all pretty easy-going [guy]folks, and am not a aren't mouthbreathing neckbeards. [I am]We're allan adults with [a] jobs and mortgages and that sort of thing.

Now, the obligatory provisos that make me sound like a douchebag I am a douchebag for borrowing this from someone far more eloquent than myself:
    * Please no Creepy Gamer of the Year candidates. If you are clean, sober, have a good grasp of hygiene and can carry on normal social interactions without coming off as sketchy or skeevy, then we'd love to have you.
    * Please no 4chan refugees if at all possible, but we could probably make an exception if you're nice enough. Redditors are fine and welcome, as are goons.
    * No smokers, sorry.
    * Please no Captain Know-It-Alls. We're all pretty good at detecting bullshit and waving your figurative dick around and pretending you're hot poo poo will just mean you won't get invited back. There's no need to impress anyone.
    * No grognards who want to piss on [insert game here], or who think [insert game here] is the best ever and no game could possibly be better. You know who you are. I tend to like all games and there's a good chance you'd be pissing on one of the ones I enjoy. Edition warriors can die in a fire.

Now, for the things that make us seem like totally awesome dudes:

* We're I am a social people person. We all I have activities and stuff outside regular gaming sessions, and we're I'm not afraid of meeting new people.
    * We I don't hate love games. Your favorite game is welcome at my table.
    * I have beer.

The aim is to have players that want to have fun, can joke around a bit, but want to actually play rather than sit around and discuss the latest episode of [insert show here]. If you're a player who likes to get engaged with the story and is proactive about stuff, that's awesome and we'd love to have you. That said, no spotlight hogs or drama llamas, please. If you're looking for a hardcore number-crunching grognard session, this likely isn't for you. I guess what I'm saying is that we're shooting for a nice, casual balance of play and banter.

Can I borrow this (slightly modified) version? I couldn't have said it better myself, and these were some of the main components of our "interview process" for new players in my last group

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Contact Info - shishioh@rocketmail.com
City/State/Country - Covington, Louisiana. Would also go for Kenner, Metairie, New Orleans, or Mandeville.
Do you have a group now? No.
What are you willing to play? I'd really like to try D&D 4E, as the last I played was 3E some 7? years ago. I would be open to 3E or 3.5E, Pathfinder, or anything else really.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
none of this information is correct any longer

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 29, 2013

Barudak
May 7, 2007

User Name - Barudak
Contact Info - PM me
City/State/Country - Chicago, IL.
Do you have a group now? No.
What are you willing to play? Pretty much anything, card games board games pen and paper games whatever.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Repostin with update

User Name - signalnoise
Contact Info - PM me
City/State/Country - Atlanta, GA
Do you have a group now? Not really but I'm working on building one
What are you willing to play? Warmachine/Hordes, please.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Posting again to see if anyone is in or around Tulsa, OK. I haven't had a gaming group in years. :(

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you
User Name - OK Octopus
Contact Info - PM me
City/State/Country - Washington, DC
Do you have a group now? - Haven't had a regular group since college, sadly.
What are you willing to play? - Willing to join something fantasy or horror based (D&D, Vampire, CoC, etc.), but wouldn't mind trying to get a Little Fears game off the ground with a willing party.

Landrobot
Jul 14, 2001

The Land of the Robots will rise again
User Name - landrobot
Contact Info - PM me
City/State/Country - Atlanta, GA
Do you have a group now? No, just moved here
What are you willing to play? Anything Fantasy Flight board game related. Netrunner, Eclipse, Lords of Waterdeep, Axis & Allies, etc - most board games really.

KSAF Staff Report
Dec 5, 2011

#acolyte faggot Hall of Fame
Ask me about trying to get published by The Black Library in between the minutes of Traffic Court reporting. Also ask me about having a game survival rate worse than the Infant Mortality Rate of Afghanistan
User Name - KSAF Staff Report
Contact Info - PM or my username at gmail
City/State/Country - South central Illinois, near Terre Haute
Do you have a group now? No
What are you willing to play? If it involves me throwing funny shaped pieces of plastic on a table I am all for it.

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Grimey Drawer
User Name - Rhandhali
Contact Info - PMs, email and gchat/AIM in profile.
City/State/Country - New Orleans, LA
Do you have a group now Nope.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? oWoD, nWoD, Shadowrun, the various 40k games, WFRP, D&D

korofrog
Dec 15, 2006
smell my face!!!
User Name - korofrog
Contact Info - PM me
City/State/Country - Washington, DC Metro Area
Do you have a group now? - No
What are you willing to play? - Just about anything

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Username - Anticheese
Contact Info - PMs
City/Country - Hamilton, New Zealand
Do you have a group now? - Nope!
What are you willing to play? - Just about anything, with a preference for things that aren't D&D/PF.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Longshot, but figured I'd post in here just in case

User Name - The Black Stones
Contact Info - PM me.
City/State/Country - Lethbridge, Alberta.
Do you have a group now? Yes. Pretty chill group of guys (sometimes girl joins) that gets together on Saturday nights whenever we can (usually every other week). Problem being that every time we plan someone always drops out regardless of planning, loving our numbers up.
What are you willing to play? Boardgames. Mainly been playing BSG, but we're aiming to vary it up a bit (mainly because numbers get too low sometimes for BSG and so it doesn't become too stale)

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - London, Ontario
Do you have a group now? Nope
What are you willing to play? I'm new to the whole PnP thing, though I guess I'd be up for trying out D&D or something of the like.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...

The Black Stones posted:

Lethbridge, Alberta.

So close, and yet so far. I'm in the fairly-far south of Calgary.
I have players from Airdrie right down to Okotoks, though.

e: VVVVV I am walking distance from an LRT stop :v: I'm running 4e D&D right now but my players also do/have done 3.5 and PF, if any of those are of interest.

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Mar 20, 2013

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

P.d0t posted:

I'm also in Calgary. Inner city though.

angry muppet
Dec 24, 2007

Most Noble Order of
the Radiant Duck

P.d0t posted:

e: VVVVV I am walking distance from an LRT stop :v: I'm running 4e D&D right now but my players also do/have done 3.5 and PF, if any of those are of interest.

SE Calgary here. I just picked up the basic PF books and have been looking to join a group that is okay with an inexperienced player.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Hah, 3 Calgary people out of the woodworks, but a 2 hours drive isn't feasible for me. If anyone is ever going to be in this area though and wants to play boardgames, shoot me a PM.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...

angry muppet posted:

SE Calgary here. I just picked up the basic PF books and have been looking to join a group that is okay with an inexperienced player.

My email is on the first page of this thread; if you want you can shoot me a message and I'll keep you posted if/when we start up a PF game once the current campaign finishes.
And I found this kijiji ad which might interest you.

Demon_Corsair posted:

I'm also in Calgary. Inner city though.

You also can email me.
btw my email address is not a puzzle, it is actually spelled out in words, like it is posted.

P.d0t fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 20, 2013

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

User Name - PirateDentist
Contact Info - PM me, or check my profile if you don't have plat.
City/State/Country - Chandler/Tempe, Arizona
Do you have a group now No, just started to look around recently for one to join.
What are you willing to play
I've played 3.5 and 4e D&D, but its been so long I may as well not know anything. I own PHB for both of those though. I'm certainly up for trying out other systems\settings though. Looking for a RPG group, but a board game group would be nifty as well.

Other points if anyone else in the Valley pops up:
  • I bathe!
  • Regularly!
  • I own reliable transportation! No "I'll totally play but I live in Wickenburg and need a ride"!
  • I don't spout internet memes at every available opportunity!
  • Comes in regular and Cool Ranch flavor!
  • Will buy my own books and such if I like something enough to keep playing!

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
User Name - Yoshimo
Contact Info - PM me or hit me up on murdochi@gmail.com
City/State/Country - Inverness, Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom

We have a Trad Games club - we do mainly RPGs and Board Gaming, with the odd bit of Wargaming thrown in. We don't generally play much in the way of 40K Wargames or CCGs - not that we're opposed to them but there's other organisations for them in the Inverness area. We are a bunch of lovely folk who will only dislike you if you're a fat antisocial pleb. :)

Yoshimo fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Mar 24, 2013

peep the tumblr
Jun 26, 2009
Contact Info - I have PMs, alternately nwcfalcon at gmail
City/State/Country - San Francisco Bay Area - East Bay (Around San Leandro/Castro Valley/Hayward)
Do you have a group now? I play magic and video games with my roomies (They're awful people), but that's about it.
What are you willing to play? Magic: the Gathering (Casual, Commander, Big Card formats, Funky-constructed formats); I've had a bit of experience with D&D 3.5 and WoD, but I never delved too much into them. I also just plain love games, board games, video games whatever. I just love kicking back and playing stuff with nice folks.

Occupy Sesame Street!
Nov 20, 2012

Contact Info - I've got PMs, make me feel like they were worthwhile. otherwise a.separate.first@gmail.com
City/State/Country - San Diego, CA
Do you have a group now? - I play stuff with my roommates every now and then. So not really.
What are you willing to play? - Pretty much anything. I do love sci-fi/cyberpunk and steampunk right now though. I really like Shadowrun, I'd love to get in on a good Eclipse Phase game or something.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Username Lager
Contact info I have PMs
City/State Bloomington/Normal, IL
Do you have a group now? There's 4 of us right now, at least 3 of us are pretty reliable as players.
What are you willing to play? We just finshed a 1.5 year Hackmaster campaign. We've done D&D 3/3.5/4, and we're right now looking at doing a new campaign over the summer possibly either Pathfinder or the new edition of Hackmaster that's coming out. Though we're also open for other stuff like boardgames, card games, other pen and paper stuff.

X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010
Username X_ThePerfect

Contact I have PMs

Location Birmingham, UK

Do you have a group? Not really.

Looking to play MTG, casual formats (especially EDH). I haven't really played much in a while, so it'd be nice to get back into it.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Hmm, not as many goons from the Northeast as I expected.

Username Bubbacub
Contact info PM
City/State Boston, MA
Do you have a group now? Not really. Random casual nights with a few friends.
What are you willing to play? Catan, Dominion, Citadels, Carcassone, etc. I also have Space Alert and Galaxy Trucker, neither of which I've tried to play yet.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

I'm moving to Reno for graduate school, and I figured it's worth a shot. I'm not sure how much time I'll have, but the prospects have to be better than bumfuck nowhere, WA right?

Contact: Doomsayer3913 (AIM), Doomsayerkevin@gmail.com (GTalk, email)
Have a group?: Nope, and haven't for a while :(
Willing to play: I've DMed D&D 3.5 (though it's been supplanted by 4e), D&D 4e, Everyone is John, FATE, and Dungeon World. However, I'm more than willing to play anything, be it RPG or board game!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

User Name - Bigred0427
Contact Info - Either PM me or email me at ccmac0427@comcast.met
City/State/Country - Hamden, CT, USA
Do you have a group now- Nope
What are you willing to play- Mostly familiar with New World of Darkness and DnD 3.5. I am willing to learn other RPG games.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
username
ZombieLenin

contact
PMs

San Diego -- South East County. Meaning if you live in North County it might be a real big pain in the rear end for you.

Gaming group, etc.
Yes there is already a group in existence. We are currently gearing up for a multi-show gaming podcast and a kickstarter. At the moment I am running a dnd 4e campaign that will be constitute one show, but...

All of us are 30 something adults with families and jobs, so we are a player or two short with our second game, which will be a warhammer 40k rpg campaign utilizing a number of the core games.

I know next to nothing about 40k (my warhammer knowledge is largely warhammer fantasy) so the game may or may not occur in a perfectly canonical seeming 40k.

In other words, if you can't handle sullying your perfect version of the 40k universe, this probably will not be the game for you. Additionally, this particular game, as distinct from the dnd, is going to be pretty serious as far as rp goes. So I'm looking for people who can handle character driven stories and aren't just interested in combat encounter after combat encounter.

And like I said above you should probably be comfortable with eventually being recorded and having your voice/gaming public on the internets.

Lastly, when we get this thing going we will be looking for gms and players for many other games and systems.

Tevye317
Feb 16, 2012

Tevye317 posted:

Contact Info - skype (tevye317) or email dulrog(at)gmail(dot)com
City/State/Country - Matthews (Charlotte metro area), NC, USA
Do you have a group now - Nope
What are you willing to play ? - DnD 4e

Updating this post.

I have PM's now and I would also be up for playing board games, as well as DnD 4e.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
User Name - GlazedMcGuffin
Contact Info - PM me, or email me @ glazed at gmail
City/State/Country - Olympia, WA
Do you have a group now? Occasionally
Playing/Want to play: Pretty much anything. Apocalypse World, 13th Age, D&D, Doomtown:Reloaded, etc. I'm willing to/experienced as a DM.

GlazedMcGuffin fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jun 28, 2014

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
North London, UK.

Have a very loose, occasional group of between 2 - 5, depending on the game.

PMs or email: n.kirkby@googlemail.com

Interested in:

I am a complete novice at RPGs but I would definitely be interested in playing some.

Happy to play almost any board game.

Big wargamer: 40k, WFB, Infinity, Warmachine, GW Specialist games.

Generally open to any Nerd Stuff.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
User Name - ilikedirt
Contact Info - send me a pm!
City/State/Country - Naples, FL!
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? Nope!
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? I'm willing to play anything and I don't smell like an armpit! I'm kinda new to rpgs though but I'm willing to learn. I'de really like to play a WoD game of some kind.

Solis
Feb 2, 2011

Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into part of yourself.
User Name - Solis
Contact Info - PMs, sdarkfyre on AIM
City/State/Country - Mississauga, ON, Canada, potentially would go to Hamilton or Toronto
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? - Nope, not a regular one anyway
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? - Mostly looking for one off board games like BSG or Arkham Horror, DnD could be fun but my schedule is a little hectic at times.

Caxixi
Sep 20, 2012

PirateDentist posted:

User Name - PirateDentist
Contact Info - PM me, or check my profile if you don't have plat.
City/State/Country - Chandler/Tempe, Arizona
Do you have a group now No, just started to look around recently for one to join.
What are you willing to play
I've played 3.5 and 4e D&D, but its been so long I may as well not know anything. I own PHB for both of those though. I'm certainly up for trying out other systems\settings though. Looking for a RPG group, but a board game group would be nifty as well.

Other points if anyone else in the Valley pops up:
  • I bathe!
  • Regularly!
  • I own reliable transportation! No "I'll totally play but I live in Wickenburg and need a ride"!
  • I don't spout internet memes at every available opportunity!
  • Comes in regular and Cool Ranch flavor!
  • Will buy my own books and such if I like something enough to keep playing!

If you find anything, email me at caxixilove at gmail. I've never played but I really want to learn, but all the groups I've been to through local game shops have skeeved me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helmet 10 Warehouse
Jul 21, 2007

User Name - Helmet 10 Warehouse
Contact Info - PM, or tenthwarehouse at gmail
City/State/Country - Flint, MI
Do you have a group now? Nope
What are you willing to play? I haven't been playing for long and my only experience is with 4e and Pathfinder, but I'm willing to play anything.