Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jul 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Username Chekans 3 16
Contact Info PMs.
City/State/Country San Dimas, California. LA County.
Do you have a group now? Nope.
What are you willing to play? I would like to find a board gaming group.

Ballpoint Penguin
Feb 12, 2004

Awakening the survivor from his frozen bacta prison, he learned a Deathstar had destroyed Dagobah long ago. He took it well, I guess.

Ballpoint Penguin posted:

User Name - Ballpoint Penguin
Contact Info - PM or ballpoint.penguin42@gmail.com
Location - Corvallis, OR (I'm willing to drive as far as Salem or Eugene)
Willing to Play - Pathfinder, FATE, 13th Age, Cyberpunk, In Nomine, Star Wars, Iron Kingdoms, Warmachine/Hordes
Do you have a group now?: Nope
Availability - Nights and Evenings mostly, any weekday including Friday. I'd be looking for a weekly game, and I'd be willing to play or run any of the games listed above.

:siren:Still looking for a group, and still totally willing to drive up to an hour away for a game!:siren:

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Ballpoint Penguin posted:

:siren:Still looking for a group, and still totally willing to drive up to an hour away for a game!:siren:

I have an INTERNET friend who lives near Eugene. He's not on the forums. PM me if you want to try and contact him. He doesn't have a group either, but he's big into boardgames and wants to RP.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Username: KillerQueen
Contact Info: PMs.
City/State/Country: Chicago IL
Do you have a group now? Yeah but I have so much free time I can do much more gaming.
What are you willing to play? Pretty much anything, I'm usually down for basically whatever.

Forsooth
Nov 11, 2009

Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
User Name - Forsooth
Contact Info - PM here or Skype at f0rs00th
City/State/Country - Newnan, GA but I am willing to go anywhere in the Atlanta area
Availability - I work a pretty normal 8-5 weekday schedule right now, but it is a 24 hour type of job so I may get called in at any time.
Do you have a group now? Nope, just moved to the area
Playing/Want to play - Any pen and paper. I love pretty much all roleplaying games and have over a hundred gaming books so I can jump in to just about anything. I have DMed various Warhammer games, DnD 3.5/4, Star Wars Saga Edition, and Gamma World. I have played in a handful of short campaigns and one shots in a variety of systems. I would like to take a break from DMing for a while, but if a group is around that needs a DM I am willing to do so.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
User Name - CitizenKeen
Contact Info - emerson.harris@gmail.com
City/State/Country - Portland, Oregon
Availability - One flexible Saturday morning/day a month (or rarely, if all amenable, a Sunday)
Do you have a group now? Yes.
Playing/Want to play - Dungeon World or Savage Worlds, most likely.

New campaign starting in June in PDX. We've got four, but I'd like one more, ideally. We're going to meet one Saturday a month, doodled four to eight weeks out (I'll be sending out the Doodle for July in the next week or two). We're all professionals, most of us with grad degrees, late twenties and early, early thirties (the eldest two are thirty). I would like to roll Dungeon World, but am open to Savage Worlds or another system, depending on what the collective is interested in.

As an added (dis?)incentive, after we wrap up role playing in the afternoon, we will likely blossom into a larger group for boardgames, AGoT LCG, and Artemis. And you'd be welcome to join in on those shenanigans as well.

It's going to be awesome, I assure you.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Username: Chomp8645
Location: San Diego area, California (I live in the north county area)
Availability: All weekend long (including Friday night) unless I have specific plans
Do you have a group now? No. I have a few semi-interested friends but no regular group.
[b]Wants to play[:/b] Primarily interested in board games, but open to trying RPGs or miniatures.

I'm really just hoping to find a regular/semi-regular game group around here. I live in Oceanside but I don't mind traveling closer to San Diego or the southern part of Orange County for the day. I have some games of my own (see below) that I am more than willing to share or I'm happy to try new ones! I promise that I am neither gross nor an angry grognard who gets mad about games.

My first love and the game that got me into board gaming was Game of Thrones. I'm a huge fan of strategy boardgames that emphasize politics and warfare, but I enjoy other types as well. Besides Game of Thrones my game collection consists of Space Alert, Battleship Galaxies, X-Wing Miniatures, The Resistance, and Merchants and Marauders, and I like all of them (maybe not that hot on Merchants and Marauders). Obviously board games are my primary interest but that may just be because I've never actually played an RPG or a miniatures game besides X-Wing. I'm perfectly willing to try either.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
User Name - Archenteron
Contact Info - Forum PMs are best, though I should be frequenting (syn)IRC more often, and I'm usually in #partyhard and #boardgoons
City/State/Country - Bethany, OH (About 20-25min north of Cincinnati on 75)
Do you have a group now: Yep
What are you willing to play: I'm part of a boardgaming group that meets on Sunday afternoons at a local coffeeshop, basically looking for more interested people. We range from 4-12 people each week (It likes to fluctuate wildly at times), and pretty much play everything, ranging from light games like Bang!/Shadow Hunters, medium stuff like 7 Wonders/Small World/Cosmic Encounter/Catan, to the occasional heavier thing like Eclipse, Agricola, Mage Knight, and a lot more. Several people have a good collection of stuff they bring with them (Including a few want-to-be game designers' beta works in progress for occasional testing), but people are more than welcome to bring their own things to teach/try.

Danrok
Apr 23, 2008

Eat your fucking vegetables.
User Name - Danrok

Contact Info - Forum PM or email doomrok@gmail.com

City/State/Country - Saint Augustine, Florida

Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)?
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)?

We (4-6 of us) get together every 2 weeks or so at my house and play D&D, Cards Against Humanty, or Munchkin. We could use more for our 4e D&D campaign (its super chill and everyone is new at it, you don't even have to know how to play you can learn while we hang out). Or maybe other games, or new D&D campaigns on different days, who knows. D&D is setup for easy player swaps and sometimes break the rules for fun or comedy.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

User Name: Baron Porkface
Contact Info: PMs
City/State/Country: Minneapolis, MN
Do you have a group now? Not yet
What are you willing to play? Board games or RPGs.

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008
User Name: Radio Talmudist
Contact Info: PM me
City/State/Country: Nassau County (Long Island), NY
Do you have a group now? Not at the moment, seeking a group of non-spelling nerds to play regularly.
What are you willing to play? Basically anything, but I'd like to play pathfinder/D&D

EDIT: I'm also willing to play online, via skype!

Radio Talmudist fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 12, 2013

capoohbear1
May 12, 2013
User Name - capoohbear1
Contact Info - Email me: [email][/email]
City/State/Country - Buckley Air Force Base, Colorado (It's near Aurora, and about 30 minutes from Denver)
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? No :(
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? I'm looking for a Dnd 4e group. I'm either willing to play games in-person, or on skype if that's not possible.

The Phantom Harness
Sep 9, 2004

stop browsing in your underwear
Username - The Phantom Harness
Contact - mmorowski@me.com
Location - Las Vegas, NV (near spring valley)
Do you have a group now? - No
What are you willing to play? - I've played a few one shots of 4e over skype and would like to find either a local game or an online one.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Username PicklePants

Contact Info: PMs or tangledcianan at gmail

City/State East Bay, California (Concord-ish, but willing to travel to as far Oakland or Berkeley.)

Do you have a group now? I recently broke away for my sanity and comfort.

What are you willing to play? Board/Card Games. I like strategic or casual. Love stuff like Small Worlds: Underworld, Pandemic, Dominion, Ticket to Ride, Gloom, Blockus, Talisman. Lots of others. I'm willing to learn more.

M:tG: Mostly casual, Commander (casual) and Limited.

I used to play a lot of Old WoD close to ten years ago, I still have some the books the books somewhere. I've never touched D&D, but I'm interested!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Username: CirclMastr
Contact info: PM or circlmastr@gmail.com
Do you have a group now? No.
What are you willing to play? Board games and RPGs. Most familiar with Shadowrun and Pathfinder, but willing to learn and play just about anything.

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

Username: gninjagnome
Contact info: PM

I'm running a Dresden Files RPG game set in New Orleans that could use another player or two.

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

User Name - Puttblug
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Central NJ (I'll be going to school by Philly in a few months)
Do you have a group now - Nope
What are you willing to play - Anything. Primarily looking for a board game group. But I'm not opposed to trying D&D (never played). I'm very new to the hobby, so I may need a bit of teaching. But I'm a quick learner. Just looking for something fun to do with my spare time.

DrKrankenwagen fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 23, 2013

nomadotto
Oct 25, 2010

Body of a Penguin
Soul of a Hero
Mind of a Lazy, Easily Distracted, Waste of Space

Puttblug posted:

User Name - Puttblug
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Central NJ (I'll be going to school by Philly in a few months)
What are you willing to play - Anything. Primarily looking for a board game group. But I'm not opposed to trying D&D (never played). I'm very new to the hobby, so I may need a bit of teaching. But I'm a quick learner. Just looking for something fun to do with my spare time.

I suggestion checking out the Philadelphia Traditional Games Group. We have weekly board game nights with a good variety of games and ~1/month indie RPGs afternoons, which are designed to be pick-up and play, if you wanna try that out. It also would make a good platform to connect with other folks to get your board-game on! As a bonus, we also are relatively normal human beings who are capable of holding conversations at normal inside voices.

edit: I am not good at the BBcode, / is not \

nomadotto fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 23, 2013

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

User Name - This is your name!
Contact Info - nieljacoby@gmail.com
City/State/Country - Lafayette, IN
I don't have a group, and am willing to play anything. I am new to tabletop as a whole, though I have played some Munchkin if that counts.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Contact Info: PMing me on the forums works. If you don't have that, then my email is jonthe2nd at gmail. I check both about once a day.

Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado. We typically play on Wednesday nights, from about 6-11/12, on the north end of town.

Group: We currently have a group consisting of a DM (who may be any of three people) plus the four players, so typically five. Players range from people who like interesting ideas that are almost always doomed to fail (that'd be me), guys who powergame, guys who try to powergame but fail at it, and guys who couldn't give a poo poo about the rules so long as they get to roleplay.

Willing to Play: Currently I'm running an Iron Kingdoms game that the group seems to really enjoy. They're playing as the 7th Regiment of Llaelese Mercenary Irregulars, or basically the French Foreign Legion set in a world of steampunk robots and huge monsters. In a few weeks, we're going to run some Savage Worlds, specifically the Day After Ragnarok setting, and likely follow that up with a month or two of Shadowrun 4th Edition (possibly trying 5th edition if it's out by then). Also, the group has mentioned that they want me running Star Wars again, so I might go back to that.

Basically, we tend to play one game for 6-8 weeks, then switch, so that the game always seems kind of fresh and interesting and no one ever gets bored. Gives the GMs a shot to rotate to player status for a bit and play, too.f

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

User Name OneThousandMonkeys
Contact Info PMs
City/State/Country North Seattle
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? Yes. 2-4 additional players who are up for weekly events would help.
What are you willing to play We're mostly a D&D group but we play a lot of things as they strike our fancy or as our group size that day permits. We do not LARP. I have a homebrew 3E hack system that I need playtesters for.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

User Name Just look 4 inches to the left. Seriously.
Contact Info PMs or xiahoudunsa@gmail.com
City/State/Country Brooklyn, NY
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? Not really but sort of? I have a pool of people who play but we aren't, like, organized or anything.
What are you willing to play Pretty much any RPG. I'd love to get some more D&D though because I've been doing a lot of FATE and nWoD lately and sometimes you just want something simple.

We also like to do drunk brunch (drunch) on Sundays with something rules light (Everyone is John and Great Ork Gods are popular) that doesn't require a lot of poo poo, and you could join in on that, I guess.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

User Name OneThousandMonkeys
Contact Info PMs
City/State/Country North Seattle
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? Yes. 2-4 additional players who are up for weekly events would help.
What are you willing to play We're mostly a D&D group but we play a lot of things as they strike our fancy or as our group size that day permits. We do not LARP. I have a homebrew 3E hack system that I need playtesters for.

Up for this, sending PM

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
User Name - AcidRonin
Contact Info - Forum PM will work just fine, if you don't have that post here and I'll get you a email.
City/State/Country - Hampton Roads VA. Specifically Newport News but we aren't opposed to driving to Yorktown/NAaaauuuufolk.
Do you have a group now Yes, about 4 including myself.
What are you willing to play? Looking to try D&D, never played it and a few of my friends want to join up with a group that knows what their doing to learn it. Also outside of the group, just me is looking for Warmachine/hordes & 40K

MoroniK
Feb 24, 2006
User Name- MoroniK

Contact Info- PM works great

City/State/Country- Pittsburgh, PA

Do you have a group now- There are 3 of us that play often, with some others that show up occasionally. Would ideally like to find 1-2 more that take board gaming pretty seriously. We're not grognardy, just competitive.

What are you willing to play?- Last year it was mostly RPGs. This year mostly Eurogames. Agricola, Castles of Burgundy, Galaxy Trucker, Dominion currently get the most table time, and we're excited that Puerto Rico is in the mail. We are eager to try new games, and often playtest snippets of stuff we have under construction.

Enjoying marijuana is a plus.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

MoroniK posted:

User Name- MoroniK

Contact Info- PM works great

City/State/Country- Pittsburgh, PA

Do you have a group now- There are 3 of us that play often, with some others that show up occasionally. Would ideally like to find 1-2 more that take board gaming pretty seriously. We're not grognardy, just competitive.

What are you willing to play?- Last year it was mostly RPGs. This year mostly Eurogames. Agricola, Castles of Burgundy, Galaxy Trucker, Dominion currently get the most table time, and we're excited that Puerto Rico is in the mail. We are eager to try new games, and often playtest snippets of stuff we have under construction.

Enjoying marijuana is a plus.

Dang, I saw a non-philadelpha PA post and got excited. Two hours is probably too far for me, though (Erie) :(

MoroniK
Feb 24, 2006
Yeah, I have had the same experience in this thread and finally decided to get proactive about it. Sorry man, wish I could afford to relocate you.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
User Name - NightVis

Contact Info - Forums PM works

City/State/Country - Vancouver, BC, Canada

Do you have a group now - Yes, we have a cycling group of about 10 players, but only 3-6 show up per session. The more, the merrier!

What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? We have a Pathfinder campaign ongoing, but occasionally have nights where we play Fiasco, or card games like Gloom, Chez Geek and Cards Against Humanity. I'd also really like to get some Paranoia going.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
User Name - Dreylad

Contact Info - PMs are best

City/State/Country - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

What you are willing to play - Board games mainly, maybe wargaming too if I can figure out where to store my nerd action figures in my apartment. Never tried P&P, but not against trying either!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Username: Darth Walrus.
Contact Info: PM if interested.
Group: None.
Willing to play: Just about anything, though I prefer pen and paper to tabletop wargaming.

C'mon, there's got to be some fellow nerds somewhere in this part of the country.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

C'mon, there's got to be some fellow nerds somewhere in this part of the country.

You think that, but I haven't found a fellow goon in lower Upstate New York since I moved here. :effort:

weirdspaceships
Jan 26, 2012
Username: weirdspaceships

Contact Info: caitlynn at savannahstorygames dot com.

City/State/Country: Savannah, GA, USA.

Do you have a group now?: We have a thing! Check us out at savannahstorygames.com - we get together every other week or so to play stuff.

What are you willing to play?: Huge backlog of indie stuff! Apocalypse World, Bliss Stage, Dogs in the Vineyard - nearly any kind of dirty hippie story game.

weirdspaceships fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 20, 2013

Morham
Jun 4, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Username: Darth Walrus.
Contact Info: PM if interested.
Group: None.
Willing to play: Just about anything, though I prefer pen and paper to tabletop wargaming.

Well I am Bristol based, that's close! I don't think there are many south west of England goons.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

User Name - panascope
Contact Info - PM is fine
City/State/Country - Longview, WA
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? I have 1 consistent other player (SA: Hixson) and 1 inconsistent but I'd like more, especially if we're gonna run a campaign.
What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? Warhammer 40k and any of the RPG spin-offs from FFG. Between us we have every army except Tyranids, Sisters of Battle, and Grey Knights. We have our own board and terrain, and play at my house up in Castle Rock (beer included).

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
Username: The Divine Orator
Contact info: PM or I'm HradCole on skype or GarudonX@gmail.com
Do I have a group now?: I play with some longtime pals every week, but I'm looking to try things outside of the same old group
Willing to play: Dungeons, dragons, Pathfinding, card games, board games, whatever.

The Divine Orator fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jun 14, 2013

Sidpret
Jun 17, 2004

Username: Sidpret
Do I have a group now?: Nope, just moved here.
Willing to play: I want a p&p rpg group but the occasional board game or whatever would be fine too. Don't care about what the rpg is.

The scene here seems pretty weak although I admit I haven't checked out the local comic shops yet.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sidpret posted:

Username: Sidpret
Do I have a group now?: Nope, just moved here.
Willing to play: I want a p&p rpg group but the occasional board game or whatever would be fine too. Don't care about what the rpg is.

The scene here seems pretty weak although I admit I haven't checked out the local comic shops yet.

I'm an A&M grad, so I thought I'd chime in here.

The stores in College Station tend to be pretty empty. I think some run some Magic games, but not much else. The town is completely centered around the university; are you a student? Even if you're not, there's a bunch of groups to join and plenty of them accept non-students. I didn't have much luck finding a 40k group there, but one started up my senior year. Might still be going. I know there's at least a few board game and rpg groups floating around. There's a big open house for organizations at the start of every semester; may be worth checking out if you're still looking.

My only advice would be to stay away from whatever group runs the local convention unless you have a high tolerance for weird poo poo/people.

Sidpret
Jun 17, 2004

Safety Factor posted:

I'm an A&M grad, so I thought I'd chime in here.

The stores in College Station tend to be pretty empty. I think some run some Magic games, but not much else. The town is completely centered around the university; are you a student? Even if you're not, there's a bunch of groups to join and plenty of them accept non-students. I didn't have much luck finding a 40k group there, but one started up my senior year. Might still be going. I know there's at least a few board game and rpg groups floating around. There's a big open house for organizations at the start of every semester; may be worth checking out if you're still looking.

My only advice would be to stay away from whatever group runs the local convention unless you have a high tolerance for weird poo poo/people.

Not a student but I did look at the student organizations. There don't seem to be any that are focused on P&P. The big geek culture groups appear to be anime centric which is not my scene. I'm scared to go in to BCS comics, and Lytle's comics gets poor marks from online reviews. I did see someone mention online that Clockwork games can be a good place to meet people/post for groups or whatever, so I'll try that at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Username: VanSandman
Contact info: PM or talkybastard@hotmail.com
Location: Winston-Salem, NC (actually a satellite 'burb, but nobody knows the name of my town unless they live there)
Group: Nope!
Willing to play: Anything fun, but I'll need a bit of handholding through character creation since I've never rolled before.