Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SourceRyan
Aug 4, 2011

Username - SourceRyan
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Oregon City, Portland
Do you have a group now? - Me and GF started playing with a 3.5/d20 group last year, but it has a bit too much GM Grog/Player circlejerk for our tastes.
What are you willing to play? - Experience with 3.5/Pathfinder, but interested in trying more editions/systems. We're always down for a good TG.

Two refugee players looking for a new home! GF is willing to cook/bring food, if that sweetens the deal. :chef:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

VanSandman posted:

Username: VanSandman
Contact info: PM or talkybastard@hotmail.com
Location: Winston-Salem, NC (actually a satellite 'burb, but nobody knows the name of my town unless they live there)
Group: Nope!
Willing to play: Anything fun, but I'll need a bit of handholding through character creation since I've never rolled before.

What, are you in Clemmons, Lewisville, or way the gently caress out out in Pfafftown? I grew up in Clemmons and come back every now and then (and blow a day playing 40k in the GW store off of Silas Creek :v: )

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
K-Vegas. Kernersville.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

User name - Iny!
Contact info - I'd notice a PM or a Skype request (inyssius@gmail.com); feel free to email me, but I can't guarantee my spam filter wouldn't catch it.
City/state/country - Pinellas Park, FL (it's near St. Petersburg, in the general vicinity of Tampa.) I live in Austin now.
Group? I got nothin'.
Games? Any RPG, really. I'm especially into D&D right now, any edition but I'm most familiar with 4e, but I'll learn and enjoy whatever's being played.
Anything else? I have my own car! I'll get my own copies of whatever we play! I am familiar with the rules of both personal hygiene and normal human social interaction!

Surely I'm not the only Florida gamer living south of Gainesville, right? I live in Austin now! Still looking for a game though!

Iny fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 21, 2014

Cargo Culture
Jul 29, 2011

Warning! I am a die-hard Firefly fan, a man-child crybaby with a poorly-rooted decade-long persecution complex.

FOX PLS LET FIREFLY SOAR AGAIN!!!!!!

P.S. ily Joss <3
User name: Cargo Culture
Contact info: Forum PM is fine
City/State: Falmouth, MA (western Cape Cod)
Do you have a group now? Yes, but looking for 2-3 more.
What are you playing? 13th Age (a D&D 3.x/4e variant by Pelgrane Press)

[standard boilerplate follows]

I'm looking for additional players for a just-starting long term weekly 13th Age campaign in Falmouth, MA. It's currently Thursdays 7-10:30pm, but the day may move if it means getting more folks. (Check out an excellent review of 13th Age here. It's fundamentally a rules-light 3.x; it takes all the good bits of 3.x, all the good bits of 4th, and some really fun story game elements and smooshes them all together. Folks of all edition loyalties seem to like it.) We have a great core of guys right now but really would love to have more at the table.

This post will be light on campaign details because a lot of the world-building will be collaborative, which means I need you, Prospective Player, in a chair at my house before we can figure all that stuff out.

The goal is to have a great group of players that want to have fun, can joke around a bit, but want to actually play rather than sit around and discuss the latest episode of [insert show here]. If you're a player who likes to get engaged with the story and is proactive about stuff, that's awesome and I'd love to have you.

If you're looking for a hardcore number-crunching grognard session, this likely isn't for you, especially since 13th Age is light on the rolling and heavy on the role-ing (is that even a word?). I guess what I'm saying is that I'm shooting for a nice, casual balance of play and banter.

So, what kind of folks am I looking for? That's tough. Everything past this point might make me sound like a self-important jerk. I've been playing RPGs for about 25 years and finding compatible gamers via the Internet is one of the toughest things to do with the hobby. This means I have some criteria which saves everybody unnecessary anguish. Each one of these has a story I'd like not to go through again. (Also, fair warning: I will read all of your comments and Google the poo poo out of you before we ever get together. If you don't get a reply from me, nothing personal -- there's something about you that I feel won't be compatible with me, my family, or my gaming style.)

Here's who I'm not looking for...

• Please no Creepy Gamer of the Year candidates. If you are clean, sober, have a good grasp of hygiene and can carry on normal social interactions without coming off as sketchy or skeevy, then I'd love to have you at the table.
  • If you have a weird (compared to gaming) hobby or whatever, that's fine, but if it will likely be a disruption then I'd rather skip you. (I've had people show up in fursuits before. This is not constructive.)
  • Please no 4chan refugees if at all possible, but we could probably make an exception if you're nice enough. SA goons are fine, of course.
  • No smokers, sorry. I know you could just smoke outside, but that stuff carries inside and I have an infant son to think of.
  • No politics if it means being disruptive. I'm personally very political, but I respect others enough that I don't bring it up unless I know I'm in like company. I don't want tension at my table over real-world politics.
  • No spotlight hogs or drama llamas. Share the table. It's gaming, not Julliard. I expect people to roleplay, not shoot for an Oscar.
  • Please no Captain Know-It-Alls. I'm pretty good at detecting bullshit and waving your figurative dick around and pretending you're hot poo poo will just mean you won't get invited back. There's no need to impress anyone.
  • No grognards who want to hate on [insert game here], or who think [insert game here] is the best ever and no game could possibly be better. You know who you are. I tend to like all games and there's a good chance you'd be pissing on one of the ones I enjoy. Edition warring is poison for the hobby and edition warriors can die in a fire.
  • Please no anti-jock types. I'm not exactly Mr Universe, but I like to watch and discuss sports if the topic comes up. (I know, gently caress me, right?) It's okay if you don't care about this sort of stuff, but if you build your identity around ripping on sports or people that like them, well, it will be a short stay for you.

Still reading? Hooray! You don't think I'm an rear end! (Or do and are just wondering how much more of an rear end I can look like.)

Now, for the things that make me seem like a totally awesome dude and your new favorite DM:

• I'm a functioning member of society. I bathe, have a job, a family, have adult responsibilities, and don't live in my mother's basement. I'm not some mouthbreathing neckbeard who has no social life other than hanging out in gaming stores.
  • I've been around the block, gaming-wise, but I still like to run games that are fun. I'm not a guy who's opinions about gaming are set in stone. I like to hear about how others like to play and enjoy games.
  • I'm social. I have stuff outside regular gaming sessions, and I'm not afraid of meeting new people. I like to game with people who I'd ideally like to hang out with outside of gaming.
  • I'm not like Francis. I'm almost the anti-Francis.
  • I don't hate games. There are some games I don't like, but I don't hate them. I personally like all sorts of things, so your favorite game isn't going to be the subject of ridicule.
  • I have zero issues with having complete newbies at the table. I love teaching people the hobby and having someone with zero gaming experience at the table is not only not a problem, it's fun and refreshing.
  • I have beer (and a grill in the summer).

That's about it.

Cargo Culture fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 24, 2013

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Who the hell is Francis?

(Feel free to respond in the chat thread.)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PicklePants posted:

Username PicklePants

Contact Info: PMs or tangledcianan at gmail

City/State East Bay, California (Concord-ish, but willing to travel to as far Oakland or Berkeley.)

Do you have a group now? I recently broke away for my sanity and comfort.

What are you willing to play? Board/Card Games. I like strategic or casual. Love stuff like Small Worlds: Underworld, Pandemic, Dominion, Ticket to Ride, Gloom, Blockus, Talisman. Lots of others. I'm willing to learn more.

M:tG: Mostly casual, Commander (casual) and Limited.

I used to play a lot of Old WoD close to ten years ago, I still have some the books the books somewhere. I've never touched D&D, but I'm interested!

I sent you a PM, I'm in Concord. Also check out the San Francisco Bay Area TG Goons Chat Thread. It doesn't get updated that frequently, but there's several of us in there.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

User name - Little Mac
Contact info - PM would be easiest.
City/state/country - Marietta, GA (near Smyrna/Atlanta)
Group? Nope.
Games? I'm open for anything. I try to get my friends to do board games, but they're never really up for it. I have Sentinels of the Multiverse with all the expansions, Avalon, 7 Wonders, Risk Legacy, and some others. I'm pretty flexible.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
User Name - Grizzwold
Contact - PM
Location - Poughkeepsie, NY (about halfway between NYC and Albany)
Group? - No
Games? - I'm up for anything

masam
May 27, 2010
User Name - masam
Contact - mmaassaamm@gmail.com
Location - Ft. Wayne IN. (There is no one out here seriously.
Group? - Yes, I GM a Pathfinder and Star Wars revised edition game, play in one pathfinder and one Anima (on hiatus)
Games? - Anything really as long as the people are fun. I'm jonesing for a Star Wars game, but really just want to be back in the players seat. I'm a relatively new GM and sometimes it's a bit stressful to try and stay one step ahead of my players who know the system better than I do.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

User Name - The Bible
Contact - PM
Location - Seoul, South Korea
Group? - No
Games? - Anything I can PbP, although I'd really like to play some ShadowRun.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Grizzwold posted:

User Name - Grizzwold
Contact - PM
Location - Poughkeepsie, NY (about halfway between NYC and Albany)
Group? - No
Games? - I'm up for anything

No poo poo? I grew up in Kingston.

Is the Dragon's Den still around up there, in all its neckbeardy glory?

MoroniK
Feb 24, 2006
I miss the upstate/ not upstate arguments while living in Duchess/Orange county.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Xiahou Dun posted:

No poo poo? I grew up in Kingston.

Is the Dragon's Den still around up there, in all its neckbeardy glory?

Yes. Haven't been there in a while, though.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
User Name - FastestGunAlive
Contact - mavisbeacon at gmail
Location - Palm Springs, CA
Group? - No
Games? - Looking for an easy going group to game with, preferably TTRPG but I'd be interested in learning boardgames too. I've seen quite a few people post near or in LA but I don't know if I really want to drive more than an hour every week.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
User Name - SquadronROE
Contact - PM or email to SquadronROE at gmail dot com
Location - Charleston, SC
Group? - I play with the local Charleston Area Gamers.
Games? - Space/sci fi stuff/warhammer stuff. I play in a Dark Heresy game, but would love to play in a Rogue Trader or Only War game. I'm pretty good on people to play board games with, but I would love to get into some more random sci fi RPGs. I played a bunch of Star Wars back in the day and would play in another game if someone else ran one, but other than that I'm game for any ruleset. GURPS, Paranoia, Traveller, whatever.

FoolsGambit
Jan 1, 2013

German Space Magic
User Name - FoolsGambit
Contact Info - e-mail (in profile), Skype (profile e-mail), PM
Location - Moorestown, NJ can get to Philly
Group? - No
Games? - Whatever, DnD 4e would be nice

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

FoolsGambit posted:

User Name - FoolsGambit
Contact Info - e-mail (in profile), Skype (profile e-mail), PM
Location - Moorestown, NJ can get to Philly
Group? - No
Games? - Whatever, DnD 4e would be nice

Join our Meet up

http://www.meetup.com/Philadelphia-Traditional-Games-Group/

Mythical Moderate
Jul 5, 2002

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 'Justice'.

User Name - SPICE MUST FLOW
Contact - PM
Location - Portland, OR
Group? - No
Games? - D&D 3.5/4E. I'd love to try Shadowrun or even just get a regular board game of something like Arkham Horror going.

dumpster17
Mar 16, 2013
User Name - dumpster17
Contact - PM
Location - City of Pittsburgh, PA
Group? - No
Games? - D&D of any flavor [AD&D, 3.x, C&C, PF, Next] (though I haven't played 4e/BECMI, I'm open to that), Burning Wheel, pretty much whatever sort of boardgame. I'd be down to pick up 13th age or DW if that what it takes.

I'd be happy to DM (a homebrew setting sort of like an early republican america ish, but, y'know, magic), but I ain't got nobody.

dumpster17 fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jul 6, 2013

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Are you in Pittsburgh Pittsburgh, or like Pittsburgh area? I'm in Erie, which is too far to drive regularly, but if you were, say, a little north, I could see a once-in-a-while thing.

OntologicalWarfare
Jul 4, 2013
User Name - OntologicalWarfare
Contact - sovietmysticism at google's malez
Location - Denver, CO (between downtown and Aurora)
Group? - No
Games? - Anything. Star Wars tings are fun, 3.5 is fun, 4e is fun, I'm happy if you aren't running Synnabar

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Username: B.B. Rodriguez
Location: West LA, CA (willing to travel to the Valley/Parts Unknown)
Group?: Not really. I play Pathfinder every other Friday, but those guys only play Pathfinder.
Games: I would really love to play any and all 40k RPGs, a Star Wars game, or Warhammer FRP. Anything that isn't Pathfinder or 4E.

B.B. Rodriguez fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 9, 2013

Huntsekker
May 2, 2003

"That really was the most fun I've had with anything Munchkin related ever."
Username: Huntsekker
Group? Kind of, I get together with 3 friends a couple times a month.
Games: Up for pretty much anything that isn't wargaming. Right now I play games like smash up, forbidden island, king of tokyo, etc. I'd love to try the new Edge of the Empire RPG game, I've never play a D and D style game before.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

OntologicalWarfare posted:

I'm happy if you aren't running Synnabar

Calling your bluff: if a Goon runs Synnabar, you'd totally play.

Sudsygoat
Jul 19, 2013
Username: Sorbocules
location: Lansdale, Pennsylvania (about 20 miles Northwest of Philadelphia)
Group: not in one
games: not sure, never really played any, but kind of want to get involved in D&D4E

Sudsygoat fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 20, 2013

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
User Name - Bavius
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Phoenix, AZ - East Valley
What are you willing to play: Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade - may be willing to try Dark Heresy and Only War.

Bavius fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jul 25, 2013

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
User Name - Xelkelvos
Contact Info - I have PM enabled, but username@gmail.com is fine too
City/State/Country - Jacksonville, FL on the Eastern part of the city past 295
Do you have a group now? - No
What are you willing to play? - Most familiar with World of Darkness and ST systems. Want to try any of the 40K systems or ORE or Roll-Keep or something similar.

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013
User Name: Egregious Offences
Contact Info: My university email, hannan0@purdue.edu
City/State/Country: West Lafayette, IN. Currently in the dorms at Purdue.
Do you have a group now? Nope.
What are you willing to play? Anything, really. However, I would like to play some PF or Traveller, maybe Shadowrun.
PS: I don't have a car (freshman can't have them) so I'm limited to going on foot or bus.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
User Name: Zerilan
Contact Info: e-mail in profile
City/State/Country: Linkoping, Sweden
Do you have a group now? Nope.
What are you willing to play? Pretty much anything, but not a fan of 3.x D&D/d20.

DrTrouble
Feb 4, 2013
Username: DrTrouble
Contact Info: PM
Group: nope, I'm migrating from being a video game junkie to table top and board games
Willing to play: anything though begun investing in warhammer 40k

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

User Name: The worst submarine
Contact Info: PM
City/State/Country: Albuquerque, NM
Group: Just a few cool friends. Looking for other polite and bored people.
Games: Battlestar, Mage Knight, galaxy truckers. If we get enough dedicated people we could do some D&D but I'm not very experienced with them.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
User Name: Bigass Moth
Contact Info: pledgeapehouse@hotmail.com
City/State/Country: Grand Rapids/Rockford, MI
Group: No group, just moved here and don't know anyone.
Games: Shadowrun 5E

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Finally made it to Reno! :toot:
I am starting grad school next week, however, so I'm guessing my ability to make time commitments will be minimal.

Contact: Doomsayer3913 (AIM), Doomsayerkevin@gmail.com (GTalk, email)
Have a group?: Nope, and haven't for a while :(
Willing to play: I've DMed D&D 4e, Everyone is John, FATE, and Dungeon World. However, I'm more than willing to play anything, be it RPG or board game! I am, however, a broke-rear end graduate student so most likely no tabletop games for me :saddowns:

DrTrouble
Feb 4, 2013

The Phantom Harness posted:

Username - The Phantom Harness
Contact - mmorowski@me.com
Location - Las Vegas, NV (near spring valley)
Do you have a group now? - No
What are you willing to play? - I've played a few one shots of 4e over skype and would like to find either a local game or an online one.

Never played but would be interested in learning! I'll eMail.

KELNOR THE OVERWASP
Jul 1, 2005

CULTURAL IMPERIALIST.
ask me about being white and privileged in china
Long shot but here goes:

Username - KELNOR THE OVERWASP
Contact - PM
Location - Shanghai
Do you have a group now? - Sort of. There's a couple of people I sometimes play d&d with.
What are you willing to play - Warhammer is possibility and good fun but above all I really want to play Warmachine and Hordes. For Warhammer I have the IOB set and for Warmahordes I have two armies, Cygnar and Legion i.e. we can play even if you don't have any mans in China. Would be interested in trying World of Darkness or Call of Cthulhu.

E: Legend of the Five Rings is awesome too, though I don't have any atm.

KELNOR THE OVERWASP fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Aug 20, 2013

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Babylon Astronaut
Contact Info - user name, no space @yahoo.com
City/State/Country - Kansas City, Kansas
Do you have a group now? Not really, but I have some people I can call up for pick up games and what not.
What are you willing to play? D&D, mostly OSR but I'd like to give 4e a shot. I'd play 3e but for the love of god I will not run it. I'm down for whatever RPG really. I have MTG too.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Wanderer
Contact Info - multimedia.superstar@gmail.com, or PM me on here
City/State/Country - Bellevue, WA

I played a lot of Mage: The Ascension in college and I'm jonesing a bit for it. If anyone in the area would be down for a few games, let me know. I haven't had a lot of luck with consistent tabletop groups since I've been in the area, although I played Shadowrun with goons for a few months.

Mr_Schmoo
Dec 10, 2002

Contact Info - theinfiniteschmoo at gmail

City/State/Country – Northern NJ.

Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need)? – I game with a GURPS group in NYC (and yes, we can always use new faces). However, I would like to GM a new group so my skills don’t rust. I have been gaming for ages now, so I’m flexible in what can do. It would be great if anyone interested either has a group or can assemble one.

What are you willing to play (or if you are looking for players for a campaign, what are you playing)? As a GM, I would prefer GURPS, but certainly willing to learn a new system if the group prefers it. I do shy away from straight fantasy as I feel it’s been done to death. Most of what I do is science fiction and if I do fantasy, it has an unusual hook to it. For example, I worked on a 1980's spy campaign where all agents have wands instead of pistols.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gilgamesh
Nov 26, 2001

User Name - Gilgamesh
Contact Info - Forum PM
City/State/Country - Lufkin, East Texas.
Do you have a group now? Hah, no. I live in Lufkin.
What are you willing to play? I'm big into board gaming, I have a pretty large collection that I accumulated before moving to this gaming wasteland called East Texas.

I would be really surprised if anyone reading this is less than 75 miles from me, but I'll try anyway.