Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrape
Apr 10, 2007

i've been sharpening a knife in the bathroom.
Well, this is worth a shot, I suppose

Username: Scrape

Contact Info: you can PM me on the forums and I will give you my email.

City/State/Country: Northampton (Western Mass), Massachusetts, USA

Do you have a group now? Yes, a regular Monday night crew that rotates Legend of the 5 Rings, Call of Cthulhu, Dungeon World, and previously Pathfinder (ugh). We have a blast but it's based on compromise- there is a definite rift in the group in terms of how storygamey some of us will get. Not storygamey enough for me.

What I'm hoping for is to join an established group that doesn't meet on Mondays, or find enough people to start an ideally biweekly indie games group. I'm a cool guy, very casual, and the type of dude who understands that Real Life Circumstane trumps elfgames, always and forever. That said, I take my hobby pretty seriously and I love playing. Also, I have a house and can host games, no problem, and I also have a car and am willing to travel up to 30-40 minutes for a good group that fits my Swiney style.

What are you willing to play? I have sworn off D&D and Pathfinder, so none of that please. My favorite and most familiar games are Apocalypse World, CoC, Dungeon World, L5R, but I am interested in trying ANY character-driven storygames with unique mechanics or settings.

I also own, have read, and am DYING to finally play the following games that I'm having trouble pitching to my group: Unknown Armies, FATE (please help me finally play this!!!), Dresden Files, Don't Rest Your Head, Dogs in the Vineyard, InSpectres, Fiasco, A Dirty World,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU