Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

Context posted:

User Name - Context
Contact Info - Forum PMs or sforzando87 at gmail
City/State/Country - Cary, NC (or anywhere in the triangle really)
Do you have a group now? Just me and my boyfriend (:gay:) but I'm a little more into this stuff than him so who knows
What are you willing to play? Literally any board game, but I got Space Alert recently and it's still unplayed due to lack of people. I got Mage Knight too and am completely loving it. Also it would be fun to build an Android: Netrunner deck and have someone to play it against. I have a healthy little collection of other games too.

If you're in the Triangle area, I'd recommend this store for looking to meet people. Abraham, the guy that usually runs the desk is pretty cool and the staff in general have always been a good group of people. I know they have scheduled events regularly on their meetup site. I haven't been able to go for awhile myself because of work, but its been a good time when I have.

http://www.gametheorystore.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted:

Nice! I live in Wilmington and might drop by this place the next weekend i am up there. Is it hard at all to get a pickup game of 40k there?

There is some 40k there on occasion, but by far the favored minis game is some form of WarmaHordes.

My advice to you would be to check out their 'Meetup' page to get a schedule on whats going on. According to it, Sunday seems to be the day for 40k. Though at the moment they only have one person signed up on Meetup. I often see a game or two being played, but its not nearly as popular there as I have seen at other locations, nor have I seen them do any of the big GW events.