Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
Username: mcswizzle

Name: Justin

Group: No

Games: D&D 3.5e primarily. I have most of the printed books for 3.5e as well as PDF’s for pretty much every tabletop RPG prior to D&D 4e came out including campaign settings. I also have been getting into the more recreational games like Settlers of Catan and Ticket to Ride.

I just moved across the country for my job and I’m looking to hopefully get a game night set up. I’d prefer D&D 3.5e but I’m flexible. Oswego is about 40 minutes north of Syracuse NY and an hour east of Rochester NY.

The email is the best way to contact me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Ozmiander posted:

User Name - Ozmiander
Contact Info - PM, or email this username at gmail.
City/State/Country - Near Saratoga, NY
Do you have a group now - No
What are you willing to play - All of them.

I'm in Oswego - if we can find someone in Rome or Utica I'd be good driving 1 1/2 hours to game for a few hours. 3 hours would be pushing it though.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Cargo Culture posted:

Special Notes -*deep breath*
[I am a] We're all pretty easy-going [guy]folks, and am not a aren't mouthbreathing neckbeards. [I am]We're allan adults with [a] jobs and mortgages and that sort of thing.

Now, the obligatory provisos that make me sound like a douchebag I am a douchebag for borrowing this from someone far more eloquent than myself:
    * Please no Creepy Gamer of the Year candidates. If you are clean, sober, have a good grasp of hygiene and can carry on normal social interactions without coming off as sketchy or skeevy, then we'd love to have you.
    * Please no 4chan refugees if at all possible, but we could probably make an exception if you're nice enough. Redditors are fine and welcome, as are goons.
    * No smokers, sorry.
    * Please no Captain Know-It-Alls. We're all pretty good at detecting bullshit and waving your figurative dick around and pretending you're hot poo poo will just mean you won't get invited back. There's no need to impress anyone.
    * No grognards who want to piss on [insert game here], or who think [insert game here] is the best ever and no game could possibly be better. You know who you are. I tend to like all games and there's a good chance you'd be pissing on one of the ones I enjoy. Edition warriors can die in a fire.

Now, for the things that make us seem like totally awesome dudes:

* We're I am a social people person. We all I have activities and stuff outside regular gaming sessions, and we're I'm not afraid of meeting new people.
    * We I don't hate love games. Your favorite game is welcome at my table.
    * I have beer.

The aim is to have players that want to have fun, can joke around a bit, but want to actually play rather than sit around and discuss the latest episode of [insert show here]. If you're a player who likes to get engaged with the story and is proactive about stuff, that's awesome and we'd love to have you. That said, no spotlight hogs or drama llamas, please. If you're looking for a hardcore number-crunching grognard session, this likely isn't for you. I guess what I'm saying is that we're shooting for a nice, casual balance of play and banter.

Can I borrow this (slightly modified) version? I couldn't have said it better myself, and these were some of the main components of our "interview process" for new players in my last group

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

C'mon, there's got to be some fellow nerds somewhere in this part of the country.

You think that, but I haven't found a fellow goon in lower Upstate New York since I moved here. :effort:

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
Username: mcswizzle
Contact info: PM justin.tuttle at gmail.com Steam (Martin Luther King of the Nigs)
City/State/Country: Greater Syracuse area NY
Group? Negative. The only person I know up here is my fiance, and it's hard enough to get her to be OK with me gaming as much as I already do.
Willing to play? D&D preferred, but open to suggestions and others' preference