Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
username
ZombieLenin

contact
PMs

San Diego -- South East County. Meaning if you live in North County it might be a real big pain in the rear end for you.

Gaming group, etc.
Yes there is already a group in existence. We are currently gearing up for a multi-show gaming podcast and a kickstarter. At the moment I am running a dnd 4e campaign that will be constitute one show, but...

All of us are 30 something adults with families and jobs, so we are a player or two short with our second game, which will be a warhammer 40k rpg campaign utilizing a number of the core games.

I know next to nothing about 40k (my warhammer knowledge is largely warhammer fantasy) so the game may or may not occur in a perfectly canonical seeming 40k.

In other words, if you can't handle sullying your perfect version of the 40k universe, this probably will not be the game for you. Additionally, this particular game, as distinct from the dnd, is going to be pretty serious as far as rp goes. So I'm looking for people who can handle character driven stories and aren't just interested in combat encounter after combat encounter.

And like I said above you should probably be comfortable with eventually being recorded and having your voice/gaming public on the internets.

Lastly, when we get this thing going we will be looking for gms and players for many other games and systems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Contact Info PMs or smills at terriblegamers dot com
Location San Diego, CA (East County & College area)
Group Yes
What We Play A little of everything. We run a lot of different systems because we think we are special and review them for the internet. Currently we've got an on going DnD 4e Campaign separate from this, that we hope to someday ramp to a podcast.

We also have a sort of on going Warhammer 40k rpg going on, and a Star Wars Edge of the Empire. We are looking for one or two new players for our weekly Friday night (6 to 10ish most Fridays), our biweekly Saturday game (11am to 6pm), or both.

We are all in our mid 30s, with kids and such, and act old. Our play style is really a mixed bag, but our Saturday game tends to be more "serious." Friday we spend a lot of time hanging out and talking about the rules for the, often new, system we are running.

Any interest hit me up via PM or email.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]
User Name
ZombieLenin

Contact Info
PM or Scott.al.mills at gmail dot com

City/State/Country
Indianapolis, Indiana (or anywhere reasonably close)

Do you have a group now
Like many in this thread I have recently moved from San Diego, so NO! Though I have half assed plans to run games with my old group via Skype.
What are you willing to play

ANYTHING! And I am willing to GM in addition to playing.

I am pretty familiar with DnD 4e, WHFRP, warhammer 40k rpgs, and Eclipse Phase; however, I own the books for lots of things. I also don't mind learning new things.

I am also into board gaming, so while RPGs are my primary interest, I'm totally willing to do any type of gaming.

Finally, like I said above, I can and will GM. So if there is a group out there in search of a full time GM or someone to share in GMing responsibilities I can definitely be talked into it.

Fair warning though, I've been working on an Eclipse Phase campaign so if you need someone to run a campaign and want me to do it, you'll probably be stuck with this setting.

about me

Just because.

I'm 37 years old and have a family. This probably means I will be able to do game days maybe twice a month.

I'm pretty laid back and would prefer a similar group--I take my gaming seriously, but not that seriously. Don't be that person please.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 31, 2015

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]
Tried this before a long time ago, and got no response. Trying again just because.

I regularly played in and ran games for most of my life. In 2012, when I was in grad school, I had this idea about participatory fiction and making a podcast using pen and paper rpgs to facilitate this.
My then wife did everything in her power to get me to not do this, then in 2014 she got a job in Indiana and moved me and my child away from where we’d spent most of our lives and my gaming group.
I did nothing about finding a new group here because we were only supposed to be in Indiana a year… that year turned into 5 and now I’m divorced and stuck here—sharing custody.

Anyway… I recently realized it’s been 7 years since I’ve been in a game, and I have no idea why other than I really haven’t made any friends here who game.

Username: ZombieLenin
Contact info: PM works
Group: No. I’ve been trying to get people from my own group to do a virtual game, but it’s like shoveling flees across a barn. I am not optimistic.

What am I willing to play?

I would be totally content to either play, or run, games. I am willing to play any genre or game system. I own the books for dozens of systems, and am roughly familiar with most of the ones I own; however, if I am going to run a game, I recently picked up a bunch of Free League’s games (Alien RPG and Coriolis), which is what I was trying to run virtually. So I would still like to run a game using the Heroes system in my version of one of those worlds.

I have a thing for Eclipse Phase, but nobody ever seems to want to play this.

I could also run Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and any of the 40k RPGs.

I am willing to run other games too, really anything, but the above is what I am most prepared to run right this second.

All of that said, like I said earlier, I am perfectly content to just play in any type of game. I will have just as much fun and it’s a lot less work. :mmmhmm:

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Oct 12, 2021