Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
User Name - Safety Factor
Contact Info - PMs are the easiest way to get in contact with me.
City/State/Country - Houston, TX
Group - No
What are you willing to play - I've been playing 40k on and off since 3rd edition and I'm looking to get back into it at a casual level instead of just reading about it on the internet and now that I have more money than sense. Think beerhammer, basically. I have Dark Angels and Tyranids and I'm somewhat familiar with 6th edition, but haven't played more than a couple of games. I am also interested in Warhammer Fantasy (Lizardmen) and pretty much any boardgame or wargame. Not big into RPGs though.
Availability - Availability will really depend on my work schedule. It is supposed to be 30 on/30 off, but can be pretty variable. Give me some notice and I can let you know if I can make it. Alternatively, I can let you know when I'm in town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sidpret posted:

Username: Sidpret
Contact info: PM
Do I have a group now?: Nope, just moved here.
Willing to play: I want a p&p rpg group but the occasional board game or whatever would be fine too. Don't care about what the rpg is.

The scene here seems pretty weak although I admit I haven't checked out the local comic shops yet.

I'm an A&M grad, so I thought I'd chime in here.

The stores in College Station tend to be pretty empty. I think some run some Magic games, but not much else. The town is completely centered around the university; are you a student? Even if you're not, there's a bunch of groups to join and plenty of them accept non-students. I didn't have much luck finding a 40k group there, but one started up my senior year. Might still be going. I know there's at least a few board game and rpg groups floating around. There's a big open house for organizations at the start of every semester; may be worth checking out if you're still looking.

My only advice would be to stay away from whatever group runs the local convention unless you have a high tolerance for weird poo poo/people.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
User Name - Safety Factor
Contact Info - Let's stick to PMs for now
City/State/Country - Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Do you have a group now - No
What are you willing to play - I'm mostly interested in 30k, Necromunda, and Blood Bowl, but I am more than happy to play 40k and Shadespire as well. Other wargames are always an option. I'm also open to pretty much any board game if there's a group to play with. I am not into RPGs though, they're just not for me.

I realize that Western Colorado kind of sucks for this sort of thing so I am willing to drive a bit if need be. I'm new to the area and my searches haven't dug up a whole lot. I'd be happy to take recommendations for groups or even stores if anyone knows any.