Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

No longer up to date.

BrainParasite fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

BlueInkAlchemist posted:

Contact Info: Check my profile, use the IM systems or website listed.
City/State/Country: Lansdale, PA, USA - Just north of Philadelphia, convenient for driving or public transit.
Do you have a group now: No, and it's been a while since I had one.
What are you willing to play? My wife and I are both role-playing game players. D&D, WoD, Dark Heresy, Exalted, Pathfinder, you name it. We also have Misspent Youth and Shock, and I will be picking up Fiasco in the very near future. Wife isn't much for board games, but I am frothing at the mouth to play Small World, Pandemic, Ticket to Ride, Lords of Waterdeep, and Frag, all of which I own.

Facebook message sent, check your weirdo stranger message folder.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

I can't seem to PM either of you from my phone, but the Philly goons have this meetup going.

http://www.meetup.com/Philadelphia-Traditional-Games-Group/

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

hcenvirons posted:

Awesome! Are there any weekend meetups? Weekday nights are a no-go for me.

We've had one indie RPG Saturday. I'm trying to schedule another one. The group allows anyone to schedule events ATM so you could try to get some people together. I'll put together a bigger post when I'm not on my phone.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Philadelphia Traditional Game Group

The group is composed of goons, Drexel physics students, and random internet strangers. Nobody weird or stinky has showed up yet! We currently have a regular Thursday board game night and intermittent indie RPG Saturday afternoon. These days were set way back and maybe aren't optimal anymore. The meetup group is open to let people schedule events.

Edit: Oh yeah, a lot of the people in the group don't live in the city, but the people who live in the city mostly don't have cars. That's something to keep in mind.

BrainParasite fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Dec 21, 2012

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

moths posted:

Hey that's awesome! Do the non city people have a place to get together separate outside the city? I live a little over an hour away but that doubles if I'm going to be sitting on 95.

I have space in King of Prussia. You could see if anybody else wants to host. Some of the guys from the last Indie RPG were out in South Jersey I think.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Froghammer posted:

User Name: Froghammer (I've also been known to go online as Serflak and Oprah Windfury, so if you know me as that, hello)
Contact Info: PM me or best.dp.ever@gmail.com
City/State/Country: Philadelphia
Do you have a group now (if so, how many do you have/do you need?: I am not currently in any sort of group.
What are you willing to play?: Anything! Someone in grognards.txt (I think it was Facts Are Useless) pointed out that breadth rather than depth is what makes for a good gamer, so I'm willing to play pretty much anything under the sun. 4e has been my game of choice for a some time now, and while I've sworn off running 3.X or it's derivatives ever again I'm not entirely averse towards playing it. FATE and Dungeon World both look interesting as well.

Good enough reason to repost this:

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

FoolsGambit posted:

User Name - FoolsGambit
Contact Info - e-mail (in profile), Skype (profile e-mail), PM
Location - Moorestown, NJ can get to Philly
Group? - No
Games? - Whatever, DnD 4e would be nice

Join our Meet up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Contact Info PM
Location Concord, NH
Do you have a group now? No
What are you willing to play? Almost anything, miniatures, boardgames, RPGs.

BrainParasite fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 5, 2016