Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sidpret
Jun 17, 2004

Username: Sidpret
Contact info: PM
Do I have a group now?: Nope, just moved here.
Willing to play: I want a p&p rpg group but the occasional board game or whatever would be fine too. Don't care about what the rpg is.

The scene here seems pretty weak although I admit I haven't checked out the local comic shops yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidpret
Jun 17, 2004

Safety Factor posted:

I'm an A&M grad, so I thought I'd chime in here.

The stores in College Station tend to be pretty empty. I think some run some Magic games, but not much else. The town is completely centered around the university; are you a student? Even if you're not, there's a bunch of groups to join and plenty of them accept non-students. I didn't have much luck finding a 40k group there, but one started up my senior year. Might still be going. I know there's at least a few board game and rpg groups floating around. There's a big open house for organizations at the start of every semester; may be worth checking out if you're still looking.

My only advice would be to stay away from whatever group runs the local convention unless you have a high tolerance for weird poo poo/people.

Not a student but I did look at the student organizations. There don't seem to be any that are focused on P&P. The big geek culture groups appear to be anime centric which is not my scene. I'm scared to go in to BCS comics, and Lytle's comics gets poor marks from online reviews. I did see someone mention online that Clockwork games can be a good place to meet people/post for groups or whatever, so I'll try that at some point.