Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"
I've started a story with an idea I had and I'm starting to doubt myself in the validity of my idea. I'm really facing an internal struggle with my brain trying to connect the dots.

How much suspension of belief can I expect to get away with? Considering I'm dealing with science fiction/space stuff that is unexplained.

General gist of my story: Current day setting, a sudden and unexplained event occurs that blacks out the sky plunging the world into darkness (but maybe not forever). Unsure how far to technically explain this in the story (space dust cloud?). The story is ultimately about survival and the fall of civilisation. Obviously when you take away something as important as the sun you're faced with various issues. I'm not getting much information from Google but I've found a few speculative articles regarding what would happen to the planet if the sun vanished (world would mostly freeze over in 45 days or more.)

Sorry for ranting about my current dilemma.

Ingram fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"
I will have to check out the short story. Thanks for the input.

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

Thanks for the feedback everyone you've bought a smile to my face and a poo poo ton of inspiration :D

• Locked thread