Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
I'm starting to get ready for NANOWRIMO this year a few months early, I have the idea and it seems to be working right now, so I'm going to run with it for now. How should I be plotting this out? Should basically plot out each chapter or just write a paragraph about what goes on in each chapter. I'm used plotting out scripts, which means that every new paragraph is a scene.

Does this work the same way for fiction writing too or is it a little different?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Erik Shawn-Bohner posted:

My intuition, based on your chosen screen name, says you should just hit the keys and start writing, format later.

Everything else says the same. So if it's working, stop trying to break it.

Worry later after some words are down.

Thank you sir, this suggestion works very well and has been working out. I guess that I'll see a thread next month.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
Is someone going to create a NaNoWriMo thread for this year?

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

I wouldn't mind typing one up. My Wednesday's clear (Gaecheonjeol), so I should have the time in between packing up my apartment.

Go for sir. I should have copied turn OP from last year and used it as a base for this years thread.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
I'm currently getting ready for NaNoWriMo and I'm doing well so far, however I have one question.

I'm writing a story about a man who finds out that he's a father of a fifteen year old girl and now has to raise her on his own. I'm currently splitting the the chapters between her, her father and the two of them together. Is this going to work in the long run or should I change what I'm doing all together so that it doesn't get messed up?

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Are you asking if writing different parts of the story from different perspectives can work? If so, the answer is yes.

Or are you saying that some chapters are about each of them doing things not involving the other and some chapters are about them doing things together? That's fine as well.

Lots of stories do both those things. :confused:

The second one was what I was shooting for. I normally used to single style character narrator, so this is a first time that I'm trying something like this. It starts off focusing on the main character and then turns into splitting between the two characters.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
Is it wise to throw some information about the two that your story is set in to break up the story? I'm considering doing it so that my readers don't get bored with the story and have a better feel for the story. Would it be fluff or would it be a good idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
So what's the general opinion of Fan Fiction? I know that most of it is really bad, but I've come across some really well written ones, but not really good, just well written. Is there really such a thing as good fan fiction or is it all bad and is it strange that I want to dabble in it?

• Locked thread