Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
is this creeping sense of dread normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
freaking typos aldfjalsdfjalukj

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
frig frig frig i tried to ninja edit because somehow there was an extra space between one of the lines after i copy pasted it

unreal

should have hit post preview. i looked over that thing for typos so many times

how does it work do i get disqualified or just judged extra harshly?

take the moon fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 22, 2015

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
mhm it was extreme autism i just couldnt deal with that extra line (between separate paragraphs too) messing me up. i looked over that story a bunch of times before submitting it and just wanted it to look nice i guess

ill happily accept any fallout

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
oh overlords i prostrate myself before you any misery you might inflict on me would be an improvement to my wretched existence

is there like some sort of flash test i can do to prove myself

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
if you flash me now i can get it done by midnight :)

tense trouble :/ im gonna learn from this. two dumb stories and i still wont be critted

take the moon fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 23, 2015

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
sorry for the drama guys. ill toxx this week

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
dont take my advice on anything but i think you should pay attention to the person who said to make sure its authentic. i think it would be really akward if you werent mexican-american, or havent lived in a ghetto, or both

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i guess that was silly. point withdrawn.

edit: altho i think writing about a socioeconomic reality experienced by minorities is a bit different from cyberpunk which is pretty much the domain of white ppl (here i am ignorant so educate me if you wish). im just trying to underscore the point that you should prolly be careful but again what do i know

take the moon fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 30, 2015

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
please look past the fact that i literally failed to bold my title tia

and at least one typo what a disaster

take the moon fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 19, 2015

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
chill judging is best judging

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
frig dude crits are like oxygen. id beg on my hands and knees for them if i thought my stories, uh, even deserved them sometimes

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
also, my lovely attempt at a crit sucked and wasnt helpful at all sorry. it was basically this seems like a mistake i dont understand the ending lol. so posting to say that i owe a crit. ill try to do one later tonight, k?

also that is good advice sebmojo

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i fuckin love the phrase he thought. im gonna write a novel thats all third person thinking and the action will be eating a sandwich and im gonna make a million dollars!!!!

srlsy i do like it.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
should i keep trying thunderdome or should i kill myself

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
ahaha, good to know it took other ppl a while. ill keep at it.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
patriarch im sorry for ending all your plot threads in the most generic way imaginable :(

im terrified of judgement tomorrow

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i know youre not supposed to apologize for and explain thunderdome stuff, but id like to apologize for and explain my thunderdome story. i missed the part where your main character needed to be endearingly evil, and tried to make him as evil of a dick as possible, with the result being a story that was full of creepy as poo poo rapey stuff (which is a sign of bad writing in itself.) so yeah, gonna formally apologize for ppl who had to read that, if anyone feels creeped out they can brawl me or whatevs

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
"read good literature"

thanks i wasnt doing that before but im on it now

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
hey seafood, if youre reading this, i dont remember what pizza week was but sometimes i feel my stories are such bullshit that i dont even feel like reading the crits on them. (this is something im trying to change). if you critted me on one of those weeks thats prolly what happened. sorry for the story and for making you feel like you wasted your time

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
thats a lot of posting and i appreciate the additional critting. if it doesnt feel like im paying attn to crits from now on just ban me from td i guess. i would like to keep trying

ill do the homework at some point today

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i know everyones patience is prolly wearing thin (or disappeared completely), ill at least take a break from thunderdome this week (aside from the loserbrawl). it does really mean a lot to me and id like to keep doing it, and all i can do is promise to read every crit carefully, with the understanding i may not get many crits after this whole thing.

homework here cuz im not sure where it should be posted.

Shallas
199 words

Shallas, priest of Ta’av, entered the world in a naturally formed cave on the side of Ur Mountain. His parents told him, once he could understand, the importance of being close to Ta’av.

Ta’av spoke to him in the form of smoke signals rising from the mountain’s apex. The other children would say “Ta’av sure is angry today,” but Shallas knew there was more meaning to it. He would sit in the village square to get a better look, and while the others played and danced he would record the length and frequency of each smoke burst on any scrap of paper that he could find.

Finally the papers bundled together were the thickness of the village geneology. By this time Shallas was thin and hunched over from the weight of the years. But Ta’av had finally invited him to climb Ur Mountain, and he did so, though the jagged edges and harsh winds were enough to frighten away even the young and strong.

There he saw a single scrap of paper covered in ash, an ember slowly burning it away. He fed his bundle to the fire and watched it rise again, and died as Ta’av was reborn.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
it was all a dream~

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
yeah but have you maybe tried... thunderdome?

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

https://youtu.be/JjIXwkX1e48?t=7s

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i dont really have a method, i like posting in threads tho

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
yeah nvm

take the moon fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Oct 6, 2015

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
"Read this story I'm in," he said, smoking a cigarette in a cool fashion.

"I agree, it's really good and interesting," she replied.

Then they boned.

youre welcome

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i just wanted to post something. a good way to write is to use less adverbs

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
whats some good advice for someone who wants to write fiction?

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
tbh its p obvs that writers need 2 b readers

im not reading that

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
tbh if i analyzed the writing to consciously pick up techniques i wouldnt enjoy anything

just read a lot, your unconscious will absorb words and style hacks and then u can b yrself when u write. god life is too short to endlessly pick apart books

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

magical time to b alive imo

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
f it imma start posting here

losers~

just write w/e and worry l8r who tf cares.

maybe take chems

please scream in word form also

k driveby peaaaaace

ninja: looooooool rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
stop posting in an old thread

mods???

e: lol