Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Am I the only one who p much needs the tactile fun of handwriting in order to jog my interest in whatever I'm working on? It's gotten to the point where I often do this for assigned papers too, not just the thing I'm writing. It's like the worst variation on blank white screen writer's block. Even once I have a number of pages in a word doc I still don't feel like writing if it means punching glyphs onto a screen; I need a pen and a notebook. I'm worried that it's gonna eventually fuel my laziness to the point where there's no workaround and I stop doing creative writing.

Peta fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Speech-to-text would make me wanna kill myself; I'm too self-critical.

Whalley posted:

I keep a huge stack of index cards and a fine tip sharpie with me essentially everywhere for that, but I just get so frustrated trying to write anything longer than a hundred or so words out by hand. Index cards are so much more physically pleasing than big fuckin' notebooks or endless reams of note paper.

Get a Moleskine. You'll look cooler that way anyway.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

systran posted:

When writing less than 1,500 word pieces, what are some different ways to go about structuring and then editing?

Write the piece, then eddit

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Thoren posted:

If you want to actually make money and have people read your work, Medieval Fantasy isn't the best place to start.

Well if you want to make money then creative writing altogether isn't the best place to start.

• Locked thread