Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mike Works posted:

But how the story is resolved really does center around the concept of the zombie, so I think it's important enough to be the focus of the title. Only problem is so many terms for zombies have already been eaten up by popular media. The Walking Dead would be a loving perfect name for the story and I'm grumpy that it's taken.

Curious, is the climax/end of 2nd act the revelation that the mother is now a zombie? Follow up, is that the first zombie in the story? Cause if that's the case, using a zombie title might just lead to the reader sitting there waiting for the zombies to come piling out of their clown car. Dampening the "shock," if you were counting on it.

And, since we're already talking about zombies and plagiarism, I'd like to use some characters from an aborted, multiplayer-only, HL2 mod I was a part of.

All that the mod had for each character was single character flashcard with name, occupation, favorite weapon, one-two sentence intro ("When the zombies came..."), and a comic-book style drawing. From that, I have one completed story, two (lost) starts, and a loose, mental network of slightly connected ideas ("Nichols crosses bridge," "Sgt. Childes encounters the Hunter," etc.).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread